Sunday, 3/11, Disney and Pokemon?

Disney using Pokemon music!?! 0_o very strange indeed, maybe the song was originally for that commercial?

Wow, interesting...
If Disney have some sort of future with Pokemon, I'm sure we will have great stuffs in the future & maybe Disney is using the Pokemon song to be more popular.. :p

I don’t know why they would have music from the ninth movie, but, Disney owns Miramax, which distributed the 4th-7th movies in the US. Michael Eisner even commented at the time that Disney had wanted a piece of Pokémon and been waiting for the right opportunity.
Perhaps the music in question was originally written for Peter Pan, or predates it, and has fallen into the public domain, subsequently being chosen for the website merely because the web designers or filmmakers liked it.

WPM, are you absolutely sure it is the same music (if yes, wow, I don't even listen to those tunes...). But nice to see you have an eye for detail... a huge eye O_.

I read somewhere... I forgot if it was in EGM or Nintendo Power... but it said that Pokemon was starting to get like Disney, where parents could see a game with Pokemon on it and know it would be good for their kids. Like Disney stuff.

Or something like that. Anyway, very interesting find.

If this is true, and it's the same music... That'd be really strange. Is the music piece you thought you heard the ending in the movie? The whole May and Manaphy goodbye scene?

dark vaporeon said:
because disney is stupid and a bunch of jerks
Don't make statements like that unless you a ready to back them up with facts.
Anyways,
Hmm.... some news. :rolleyes: Yeah, like someone said before, that music is likely just public domain now. ANd y'know, Peter Pan is the perfect fit for.... aquatic music....

Personally don't care whether or not Peter Pan took Manaphy's music as long as they did it legally...although i am curious as to why They Picked it For Peter Pan, surley borrowing Pokemon's music would deseavre more than a boy in an elf suit:p

the other day a pokemon movie was on toon disney ... i forget which movie i didn't have time to watch it but it wasn't an old one

Patk182 said:
the other day a pokemon movie was on toon disney ... i forget which movie i didn't have time to watch it but it wasn't an old one

That doesn't mean anything. Assuming you live in the UK, Disney has the rights to air Pokemon for a while over there...

masterryanx said:
Patk182 said:

That doesn't mean anything. Assuming you live in the UK, Disney has the rights to air Pokemon for a while over there...

no i live in PA

Patk182 said:
masterryanx said:
Patk182 said:

no i live in PA

Huh, PA, as in Pennsylvania PA? That's really strange, as far as I know Cartoon Network has exclusive rights to Pokemon in the US. Then maybe there is something going on... Although, it could just be that Disney still has rights to movies 4 through 7 as Buena Vista did in fact distribute them. This is all too confusing.

Back