XY Sylveon's type is pink

professorlight said:
Sky Pillar said:
You do know combee has an 87.5% chance of being male right? I don't think Eevee would ever have gender exclusive evolutions, but it's not impossible.

But you can catch unlimited combees in-game. Eevee, there's usually only one, and good luck trying to get a female through breeding, believe me: I always need three female eevees and it's a veritable pain in the ass (especially if you are after a certain nature).

The gender exclusive eeveelution was a doomed idea from the start.

But most of the time it's a gift pokemon, meaning you could just soft reset for a female one, I did it for my female espeon. It's a lot easier than trying to find a male vulpix or female electabuzz

I just heard an idea that might explain Sylveon's evolution (I'm not sure if this has been said before, but here we go..). What if you have to have a Fairy type Pokémon in your party in order to evolve Eevee into Sylveon? This mechanic would possible be used for Pancham as well, but with a Dark Pokémon, if the rumors are true. Now I know that they stated the evolution method would be unique, and we already have a Mantyke + Remoraid evolution going on, but this time the requirement wouldn't be Pokémon specific, but it rather requires a specific type. Which I think is enough reason for GameFreak to call it a new method.

Pokequaza said:
I just heard an idea that might explain Sylveon's evolution (I'm not sure if this has been said before, but here we go..). What if you have to have a Fairy type Pokémon in your party in order to evolve Eevee into Sylveon? This mechanic would possible be used for Pancham as well, but with a Dark Pokémon, if the rumors are true. Now I know that they stated the evolution method would be unique, and we already have a Mantyke + Remoraid evolution going on, but this time the requirement wouldn't be Pokémon specific, but it rather requires a specific type. Which I think is enough reason for GameFreak to call it a new method.

The basic concept is still the same: Evolving with a specific pokemon in the party. So it's not new.

I wouldn't mind that way of evolution but I wouldn't call it a completely new method

Sky Pillar said:
Raptor9229 said:
I think we all could see Sylveon not being gender exclusive and considering Eevee's gender ratio making Sylveon a gender exclusive evolution for a pokemon that will most likely be male when you get one would be stupid in my opinion.

You do know combee has an 87.5% chance of being male right? I don't think Eevee would ever have gender exclusive evolutions, but it's not impossible.

Combee is a bee.

The drones outnumber the females by like millions if I am not mistaken so the gender ratio for that one makes sense. Now that we know that fairy type is pink we need to figure out how Sylveon evolves. Evolving it with high beauty and leveling up would have been a perfect time to introduce the fairy type in generation three plus sylveon then too.

Raptor9229 said:
Sky Pillar said:

Combee is a bee.

The drones outnumber the females by like millions if I am not mistaken so the gender ratio for that one makes sense. Now that we know that fairy type is pink we need to figure out how Sylveon evolves. Evolving it with high beauty and leveling up would have been a perfect time to introduce the fairy type in generation three plus sylveon then too.

The worker bees outnumber the drones by ~300 for every drone. So the gender ratio doesn't make sense, but Pokémon doesn't represent real life either.

I'm just glad Sylveon's type is finally, officially confirmed.
I've thought that it was Fairy type ever since I saw that picture for it back in March with all of the Eeveelutions in bubbles of their types.
Automatically assumed that Fairy type was real, and that it was fairy type because of it.

Alix Rooker said:
I've thought that it was Fairy type ever since I saw that picture for it back in March with all of the Eeveelutions in bubbles of their types.
Automatically assumed that Fairy type was real, and that it was fairy type because of it.

Ok whoever the source is should now be considered very credible at this point. Maybe it is someone from Gamefreak who was given the task of leaking certain things to fansites? It could happen guys. But yes the source was right about a lot of things.

Raptor9229 said:
Alix Rooker said:

Ok whoever the source is should no be considered very credible at this point. Maybe it is someone from Gamefreak who was given the task of leaking certain things to fansites? It could happen guys. But yes the source was right about a lot of things.
Why would you say that?
If the source has gotten a lot of things right about the info he leaked, why shouldn't he be considered credible?
Your logic confuses me.

Alix Rooker said:
Raptor9229 said:
Ok whoever the source is should no be considered very credible at this point. Maybe it is someone from Gamefreak who was given the task of leaking certain things to fansites? It could happen guys. But yes the source was right about a lot of things.
Why would you say that?
If the source has gotten a lot of things right about the info he leaked, why shouldn't he be considered credible?
Your logic confuses me.

I think he meant to say "Should *now* be considered"

Thief said:
Alix Rooker said:
Why would you say that?
Your logic confuses me.

I think he meant to say "Should *now* be considered"
Possibly.
It could be taken either way, due to the missing letter.

Back