• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tapu Terror

NinJamezor

We love Huntail
This is a deck that can utilize Tapu Koko GX and Tapu Bulu GX.

Pokémon - 11

* 1 Shaymin-EX
* 3 Tapu Bulu GX
* 3 Tapu Koko-GX
* 1 Tapu Koko
* 1 Mew
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX

Trainer Cards - 36

* 3 N
* 1 Olympia
* 2 Lysandre
* 3 Professor Sycamore
* 1 Pokémon Center Lady
* 2 Nest Ball
* 1 Field Blower
* 4 Aether Paradise Conservation Area
* 3 Ultra Ball
* 4 VS Seeker
* 1 Professor Kukui
* 1 Brigette
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt
* 1 Choice Band
* 2 Float Stone
* 4 Max Elixir

Energy - 13

* 7 Grass Energy
* 6 Lightning Energy

Strategy: You want to Bridgette/Nest Ball for you attackers, and use Max Elixir on your first turn. The combination of APCA and FFB will essentially make Tapu Koko's Health 240, and Tapu Bulu GX's Health 250, Stage 2 GX Level. Mew is for Garb, and regular Koko is for that sweet, sweet spread damage.

//NOTE// Tapu Bulu GX and Tapu Koko have not been released as of 5/9/17, so you cannot build this deck right now.

A few thoughts for your consideration:
  • Any thoughts about running a Delinquent instead of a 4th APCA Stadium?
  • Given the "high" Item count, why no Trainer's Mail? For example,3 TMs could be inserted (replacing 1 APCA Stadium (leaving 3), 1 FFB and 1 G) which would enhance your bench setup and accelerate your access to othe needed Trainers early game. TMs will also help thin-out your deck too which, as a result, will enhance your chances of hitting the Ma Elixirs.
  • As a result of now having more Tools to play in the game, I suspect that many players (at least in my area) will run 2-3 Field Blower Items. So, would your running a 2nd FB be worth it?
  • Any thoughts regarding including a Brock's Grit or Super Rod?
I hope you find these comments helpful.

On a side note, I'm about to start testing running a 1 Shaymin EX and 2 Tapu Lele GX combo in my decks. Do you have any testing results you could share? My "gut" is telling me now that my 2 Tapu Lele GXs will displace my 1 Shaymin EX (especially in decks where I don't play Parallel City) given that Tapu Lele GX has much more HP and has better attack options.

Back