TCG: Your Wants Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: X&Y Card Series: Your Predictions and Wants

corn bread said:
I want to know when the series will come out.

X and Y Collection release in Japan this December and in the U.S it's released in February.

I would like English cards to use the rarity letters, instead of the symbols.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Dracidius said:
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/Google/475028/71166/71166_original.png

I. Will. Get. Every. Pink. Card. They. MAAAAAKE :D Then I'll put them in a pink binder. Then I'll tape a picture of Mr. Crocker spazzing on the back of the cover.

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things is...gimmicky?

bagoly14 said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
I. Will. Get. Every. Pink. Card. They. MAAAAAKE :D Then I'll put them in a pink binder. Then I'll tape a picture of Mr. Crocker spazzing on the back of the cover.

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things is...gimmicky?

How so? It's just the same as every other type with a basic Energy.
Plus even if Fairy gets some sort of gimmick, so does every other type - Grass types heal, Fire types do big damage by discarding Energy, Water types do big damage with more Energy attached... the list goes on.

Fairy's gimmick is... it has no attacks. Abilities only haha. No wait, it has attacks, just not attacks that do damage.

It would be interesting if they made fairy pokemon similar to Abomasnow of PLB. If Marill used fairy energy to be a water type, or maybe 1 of each energy type to be a fairy type. This way it would make fairy types versatile in that it could either be easily splashed into a deck, or make deck of only pokemon that use fairy type energy, but have various typings to make it easier to counter other decks. Allowing those pokemon to have various weaknesses , but all resist dragon.

So when the XY starter decks come out this November, three months before the set debuts, will the cards be considered legal to play at league, events, etc.?

I think it is safe to say that fairy type will have metal weakness and in some cards most of them stage 2 will be resist to dragons. Also if dragon pokemon will keep their attacks with other energy type they will also will keep being weak to themselves instead of being weak to fairy type otherwise they might be less playble.
The first set of pokemon xy is going to be huge-with another type coming and being the first set of the xy series. We will have fairy pokemons and all the basic energy including the new fairy energy. Mega pokemon will be the new ex cards only that their wont be called ex but simply mega and not basic pokemons .
I also hope we will not see the xy mascots as ex pokemon but as basic powerful like terrakion nv. And another thing that will be great but probably wont happan -special set for pokemon cards based on pokemon origins! (Full art lance please :) )

scattered mind said:
And another thing that will be great but probably wont happan -special set for pokemon cards based on pokemon origins! (Full art lance please :) )

I know you're only talking about a Lance Trainer card, but I would love for another Gym set to be released in the TCG, but I highly doubt that will happen. They'd have to release it in many different sets (probably one set for each region) which is only one reason why it would it never happen.

Well now they can't make gym set because there are too many gym leaders but there will also maybe enough champions to make champion sets as the time come :)

But yeah I ment pokemon origins special cards -there are many options for really great cards like red green ..reds charizard to be in a special mini set .

RE: Holos in XY

Probably every card we've been shown thus far except prevolutions, Soda and possibly Talonflame.

Seriously though, why ask this when we only know like 6 relevant cards? >.>

RE: Holos in XY

Seismitoad537 said:
In the upcoming set, XY, what cards do you expect to be holo?

Discuss.

All of them.
Remember, booster packs always contain a reverse holo and there's no reason why that tradition would be discontinued now. (If you're talking about rare holos, then yeah, it's too early to know for sure. We don't know enough about the setlist.)

I'm hoping they continue with the full arts and the gold cards, they're really nice usually look amazing.

Do you know what I want? I want the product images for the February XY set theme decks and blister packs to be revealed soon.

Yvetal ex will take over the metagame when x/y base set comes out. Without the tins the card would be worth $30 each which is annoying. I hope they stick with full arts though. If they don't I'll be quite sad. :(

I don't see Yveltal EX being anywhere near that big. It'll probably replace Absol in some Darkrai decks as a secondary attacker, that's about it. Mewtwo is mostly only used because of its colorless energy requirement, and Darkrai barely has any need for what Yveltal offers.

Mega mewtwo with x ball dealing 40x please in the new xy series. Who else is rooting for this?

So we have an idea of the starters in the new set. We know their abilities and see that their will be form changes. Do you guys have any deck ideas in mind?

I have an idea of what I will do with Greninja with the Water Shuriken ability, its too good to pass up! I'm disappointed in Chesnaught though, I was hoping for possibly a buffed up Bouffer ability (nerf 30 damage or something instead of doing 30 damage to a Pokemon attacking it). That being said though, I've had thoughts of using Chesnaught with Rock Guard for a fun deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back