TCGWars: Pokemon TCG Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just great,i was thinking of doing it in a website format(read php),but this is much better.

DeoxysUnknownForme said:
Yeah, another TCG BATTLE simulator is just fine and dandy, but when are we gonna see a TCG PACK OPENING simulator, hmm?

Anyway, I think this is actually a good idea, because I don't like staring at little colored boxes with text all over them, I like looking at the actual cards.

Pack opening simulator? :)

You know, like you choose a random set (English or Japanese XD) and hit a giant button that says (OPEN!) and it shows you what was inside it, and saves it to a file that records everything you got.

DeoxysUnknownForme said:
You know, like you choose a random set (English or Japanese XD) and hit a giant button that says (OPEN!) and it shows you what was inside it, and saves it to a file that records everything you got.

I'd guess that would be entertaining for about an hour :p

"Hey look, I opened four boxes of LA and now I can build an AMU deck!"

amisheskimoninja said:
DeoxysUnknownForme said:

I'd guess that would be entertaining for about an hour :p

"Hey look, I opened four boxes of LA and now I can build an AMU deck!"

Yeah, that should be an add-on to this. You can only use what you've pulled XD.

^^ lol that would be great! When you think about it, that would start to become like what the old Yu-gi-oh games were like. Buy, sell, play, make cash.

im am going to collage for graphic gaming and design and the first chance i get i was going to remake the old tcg game for computer or ds if i could get a flasher. but this is a great start definetly a great idea lmk if you need help and i will see what i can do.

Fax said:
^^ lol that would be great! When you think about it, that would start to become like what the old Yu-gi-oh games were like. Buy, sell, play, make cash.

They already did that with Magic. The problem is you would have to implement it on such a large scale that you would need the capitol only a company can provide. Plus if you aren't careful, people will stop buying the real cards in favor of the virtual ones. And then the game dies.

Now if you wanted to use points that you get from winning battles to buy cards, that would be different.

Hmm, that pack opening thing could lead to Prereleases and Drafts online. Now that would be awesome.

Anyway, the demo looks great. I can't wait for it to get polished and refined up. Not to mention Modified cards. ;p

dmaster out.

Yeah I thought about this, but this feature can be implemented in one player game (with cpu opponents and an adventure), where the player first starts with a bad deck and by winning opponents, the player earns booster packs and improve his deck. The user can exchange cards with another users, buy booster packs etc. It would be great :)

And of course, implementing AI opponents is the hardest thing.

This look absolutely epic, I can't wait to try it out :) A suggestion, in the pulldown menus for attaching energy, choosing new active Pokemon, etc, it would be awesome if it could be the Pokemon's name instead of Bench 1, Bench 2, etc, and could maybe have the number of energy attached in parenthesis, so there's no confusion if there's more than one Pokemon of the same name on the bench. Just an idea

i say that looks awesome, really, once you manage to add the ability of internet play, this thing will be godly. i would reccomend copying a bit of shoddybattle, and add a log. i won't say more, keep at it champ!

Wow, this looks awesome! It looks pretty easy to enter a card. Could I help do that?

This reminds me of OCTGN (or something along those lines), which was a similar TCG-emulator, but which was forced to shut down because of a friendly request by Nintendo. I think it was because they were using the scans, which violated copyright laws and whatnot. I always figured Redshark didn't use the scans because of this.
So yeah, this looks very promising, but be careful, I guess.

And yeah, online drafts would be cool. We'd have to enable mutant rules, though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back