TDK (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX / Kyurem)

RE: Plasma Box (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX with attackers and techs)

I'll be using it at my first one at the very least, I've got pretty much everything except for 3 Deoxys which are arriving next week.

RE: Plasma Box (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX with attackers and techs)

Fatality said:
Just curious does anybody plan on using this deck for the upcoming Spring Battle Roads?
Interestingly enough, most of my playtesting so far has been against this deck (I really like my other 3 decks more right now). Lol. Given how "expensive" this deck is, it will be interesting to see just how many players actually play it at the BRs. More than likely, I will play it at one of the BRs.

RE: Plasma (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX with attackers and techs)

While i wait for my 2 Thundurus and 3 Deoxys. Im going to put Absol and Tournadus EX (PF) and see what it does.

Fatality said:
Just curious does anybody plan on using this deck for the upcoming Spring Battle Roads?

I don't plan on having it for BRs, but Nationals is coming up soon enough, and many players who won't have it now will more than likely have it by then.

I plan on playing it at BR if I can get the other 2 thundurus I need, I have tested it alot and there is issues with playing against hammertime. I just cannot seem to get going fast enough (as silly as it sounds for this deck) I would love to add Mr. Mime to stop the bench snipe with Darkrai but there just isnt a place for him and he is catcher bait.

Any thoughts about the ball line for this deck? 4 Plasma Balls or 2 UB/2 Plasma balls? After some testing, the UB was really helpfull if i had it T1 or T2, but later in the game was such a burden, unless i had also a Juniper in my hand. Also, i would like to know your opinions about the support line.

Ultra Balls definitely need to be in the deck for sure. There are times when I really need to search Keldeo out and getting Energies in the discard pile is always nice too. I really need to nail down my own Supporter list too. Sometimes it feels like I'm in a drought, and I sometimes think if a better combination of them could be used...

dmaster out.

Supporter lines are the single hardest thing to get right in this deck. 4 Juniper and 4 N is the easy part, but it gets dicey after that. Colress can mess you up early on (and the early game is a big deal for this deck), Bianca often doesn't draw enough cards, Team Plasma Grunt is inconsistent and doesn't net you enough cards, Skyla isnt so grrat because you often need a lot more than just s trainer during your turn, and Shadow Triad doesn't work for draw. A majority of my testing has gone into trying different supporter lines and I'm still struggling with it (although I think I've managed to come up with something decent). The only solid advice I can give is test, test, and test some more.

My list is

4 Juniper
4 N
3 Cheren (if i play only Plasma Balls)/ 3 Bianca (if i play 2 UB/ 2 Plasma Ball)
2 Skyla

I would like also to include 1 or 2 Colress, because i fill my bench really fast with this deck. Maybe i will drop 1 Bianca/Cheren.

Ive been testing Landorus in this deck and it works wonders againest Darkrai.

Blah said:
Supporter lines are the single hardest thing to get right in this deck. 4 Juniper and 4 N is the easy part, but it gets dicey after that. Colress can mess you up early on (and the early game is a big deal for this deck), Bianca often doesn't draw enough cards, Team Plasma Grunt is inconsistent and doesn't net you enough cards, Skyla isnt so grrat because you often need a lot more than just s trainer during your turn, and Shadow Triad doesn't work for draw.

4 N is extremely questionable for me. N is so bad for this deck in the late game I've found. I've gone down to 2 but 3 could be a sweet spot but only to disrupt my opponent's hand usually (not get me better cards, etc). Colress is pretty solid past like T2 so I think it should be included just because it nets you a big gain later which is important. I will admit Skyla hasn't been too great for me...I usually Skyla for Juniper. >_> I think Random Receiver could be decent in the deck to try and grab Junipers as those are definitely the best Supporters in this deck.

dmaster out.

Do you guys think this is a Supporter line for this:
4- Juniper
3- Skyla
3- N
3- Colress

RR is a good option, i will test it. As for N, i think is the same as in Blastoise deck, because you get 1 or 2 prizes early in the game. But i think you need him for a good start. Maybe 3 N and 1 Colress is a good choice.

dmaster said:
Blah said:
Supporter lines are the single hardest thing to get right in this deck. 4 Juniper and 4 N is the easy part, but it gets dicey after that. Colress can mess you up early on (and the early game is a big deal for this deck), Bianca often doesn't draw enough cards, Team Plasma Grunt is inconsistent and doesn't net you enough cards, Skyla isnt so grrat because you often need a lot more than just s trainer during your turn, and Shadow Triad doesn't work for draw.

4 N is extremely questionable for me. N is so bad for this deck in the late game I've found. I've gone down to 2 but 3 could be a sweet spot but only to disrupt my opponent's hand usually (not get me better cards, etc). Colress is pretty solid past like T2 so I think it should be included just because it nets you a big gain later which is important. I will admit Skyla hasn't been too great for me...I usually Skyla for Juniper. >_> I think Random Receiver could be decent in the deck to try and grab Junipers as those are definitely the best Supporters in this deck.

dmaster out.

I've had the same issue with N, but I hate all of the other supporters more so I haven't found much of a replacement for it lol. I do like the sound of Random Reciever (although I tend to be opposed to it because it's luck based and it lowers the supporter count in your deck because you have to use it + a supporter rather that just a supporter). Definitely worth testing. I hate going anywhere past 2 Colress because I'm always worried about drawing it T1.

I've liked 2 Colress a lot. It would take a lot for me to consider dropping one. Considering this deck's speed though, I think RR taking out an out doesn't matter as much. We've seen in decks like Darkrai (yes, there's Junk Hunt..) but even if you don't use that, the deck doesn't mind it taking out a Supporter just because of the speed, power, and consistency. Combining a low amount of N and high amounts of Juniper+RR increase your odds of hitting something good in the late game I would think.

dmaster out.

MountainDrew said:
4- Juniper
3- Skyla
3- N
3- Colress

3 Colress is just too much. You get a very high possibility to start with it. 1 or 2 the most.

I would play 3 N at first but I think I play 4 now. It's deadly in the first couple turns.

Kingslayer said:
MountainDrew said:
4- Juniper
3- Skyla
3- N
3- Colress

3 Colress is just too much. You get a very high possibility to start with it. 1 or 2 the most.

Maybe 1 Bianca?

MountainDrew said:
Kingslayer said:

Maybe 1 Bianca?

Now i'm testing the following list:

4 Juniper
4 N
2 Colress
2 Bianca
2 Skyla

I really agree that the Ball line for this deck actually is what dictates the supporter lineup. If you are running just plasma balls, then run something other then bianca, but running ultra balls bianca is great.

Back