Aspiring Trainer
images

468.png
237.png
609.png
460f.png
479water.png
466.png
Hello PokeBeach! I am back with another RMT, but this time, I have a dedicated theme. To those of you who don't know, Howl's Moving Castle is an anime movie made by the famous Studio Ghibli and it's a personal favorite movie of mine. My Pokemon are all nicknamed accordingly, and although the team needs some work (that's where you come in) the RMT, in my hope, will not. I'll get to the team building now.

Team Intro, and Overview
The hardest part about making a new team, at least in my opinion, is where to start. With hundreds of Pokemon to choose from, where do you start? This team is actually loosely based on a GBU Doubles team I've had in-game for quite a while now, and although the only Pokemon from the team remaining is Togekiss the general structure and strategy is very similar. The team basically consists of Togekiss follow me support, some form of Discharge abuse (Rotom-W), an Imprison TR Pokemon (Chandelure), another supporter for good measure (Hitmontop), an all out weather counter/attacker (Abomasnow), and my wildcard, Electivire. The team has it's share of underused Pokemon, and some very common ones too with one of the best things about my team being it's surprise factor. I think this team will serve me well during regionals, and although it still needs some work, it's turning out to be one of my favorite teams this year.

Team Building process
468.png

Togekiss has been a staple on my teams for a while now, and I don't think that will end anytime soon. This thing is excellent for support, flinch rate, a good way to hit commen TR Pokemon like Hitmontop and Abomasnow, it's bulky as heck etc, etc.. This thing has it all, and I love using it.

468.png
237.png

Another wonderful support Pokemon. Intimitop is slowly climbing the ranks to be one of the most popular sets in the game, and this team can take advantage of it to it's full. Wide Guard support is amazing for my spread move weak Chandelure, and Fake Out combined with Intimidate and a strong Close Combat earn it a spot on my team.

468.png
237.png
609.png

Chandelure is my main TR counter. Imprison TR was a staple on my VGC 11 team, and this year seems to be no different. It can reliably stop most forms of TR in their tracks, as well as providing me support against Tailwind teams with my own TR. A strong Heat Wave also makes it my best Metagross counter.

468.png
237.png
609.png
460f.png

Ice coverage is always wonderful in a metagame filled with overused Flying and Dragon types. ScarfSnow is a very reliable way to kill some very common Pokemon, and is also a great way to screw most weather teams over. It's also my teams best Lati@s counter by far, and can take most forms of DisQuake well.

468.png
237.png
609.png
460f.png
479water.png

Rotom-W is becoming my new favorite Discharge user. Plenty of resistances, a Ground immunity and great coverage with it's STAB moves, Rotom Water is the most popular Rotom form for a reason. It can OHKO Hitmontop with LO Hydro Pump, and does over 50% to the common Cresselia, while giving me Thunder Wave support against Tailwind a weather teams.

468.png
237.png
609.png
460f.png
479water.png
466.png

This is where my team goes a little of the beaten path. Electivire is a strong pokemon, with a great ability, and a lot of untapped potential. I'll get to it more in-depth in the set, but all you need to know for now is it's not the typical Electric type you think it is.

images
468.png

Sophie (Togekiss) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 188 HP / 80 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Follow Me
- Protect

Overview: Sophie is the main character in Howl's Moving Castle, and I thought it would be fitting to name my Togekiss after her. As the story centers around her and Howl, my opponents all center around Togekiss as it attracts all of it's opponents moves toward it. Air Slash and Aura Sphere give it the coverage it needs, and running 240 speed EVs ensures I outspeed other Toges, and any base 80 with an Attack boosting nature. Protect is a staple move on anything that can spare the slot, and there's nothing else Togekiss needs to be a major threat anyway. This thing is seriously bulky, surviving a non-boosted Draco Meteor from Latios, it's only 2HKOed by Blizzard from Aboma, and can survive almost anything that isn't Gem boosted. Sophie makes an amazing partner for Abomasnow, as Aboma is weak to several forms of priority in Mach Punch and Bullet Punch.

images
237.png

Scarecrow (Hitmontop) (M) @ Eject Button
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Wide Guard

Overview: The Scarecrow was the character in the movie that even remotly looked like Hitmontop. He helps Sophie find her way to Howl, and helps her out when she can, and my Hitmontop helps my team with Fake Out, Wide Guard, and Intimidate. He's one of the greatest supporters in the game for those reasons, and can also pack a punch (or kick) with Close Combat and Sucker Punch. Hitmontop is also a rare exception to my "every Pokemon should have Protect rule" as Wide Guard is more important for team support. He and Chandelure are my typical Anti TR lead, covering any kind of TR setup together. Eject Button has actually been really useful in a variety of situations, as it allows my Hitmontop to switch out after I Fake Out and switch back in next turn for another Intimidate. Due to Eject Button, he's rarely used outside of a lead role however.

images
466.png

Howl (Electivire) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd/4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Protect

Overview: Ok, I'll admit that the nickname didn't work out so well resemblance wise, but Howl is powerful sorcerer, and Electivire is arguably the strongest Pokemon on my team. A large amount of Pokemon could have gone into this slot, but Electivire has the perfect ability to make it work. I can switch it in on Electric moves or a Discharge, grab a speed boost, and then pub-stomp until I die. It has better coverage than Pokemon like Garchomp, with the downside of not getting STAB on Earthquake. Thunderpunch is powerful STAB with no recoil, and Ice Punch is great for coverage against ground types. After I get a Discharge boost or two, it makes a great partner with either Togekiss, Abomasnow, or Rotom, as they all take little to no damage from Equake and are able to help him sweep even faster.

images
609.png

Calcifer (Chandelure) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Heat Wave
- Imprison
- Trick Room

Overview: It should be obvious why I named my Chandelure Calcifer. Calcifer is mainly comic relief throughout the movie, although he does play an important plot role later on (which I won't spoil here if you haven't watched the move). Chandelure plays the very important role of stopping TR, and he does it well. Shadow Ball and Heat Wave are great STAB moves, and sometimes I can even use TR myself for mindgames, especially against Tailwind. A Focus Sash is to make sure I get of an Imprison, while a Timid Nature is used to outspeed and OHKO Modest Chandelure. Chandelure is most commonly used as a lead, and is typically paired with Hitmontop. Chandelure also has the very important job of getting rid of any Metagross or Scizor on the opposing team, as those two Pokemon are best counter to my Abomasnow.

images
479water.png

The Tub (Rotom-W) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Overview: Rotom is nicknamed after a genderless bathtub . Rotom plays an important role in checking the speed of my opponents with Discharge paralysis and Thunder Wave, as well as boosting Electivire's speed with Discharge. Hydro Pump is for some immense power when I need it. Rotom is used as a lead most of the time, although it can play backup, and is normally paired with Hitmontop or Togekiss. I Fake Out/Follow Me and Thunder Wave something, then switch/Eject Button out to Electivire and Discharge. Most of the time it works, and Electivire can sweep.

images
460f.png

WITCHotWASTE (Abomasnow) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Overview: One of the initial villains in the movie, the Witch of the Waste is a fat, ugly, sorceress who turns Sophie into an old lady. Abomasnow is also ugly, but it's also very strong so it works out. Scarf Snow is a very good pokemon, as it outspeeds anything base 115 or lower (that's why I run max speed) and as the typical ScarfSnow doesn't run max speed, they don't expect me to outspeed and OHKO their Tornadus/Thundurus etc. Hidden Power Fire is mainly filler, but it can 2HKO non Occa Berry, while Blizzard is the main STAB attack. Ice Shard is good priority even though it's physical, and Grass Knot is for Grass STAB. Scarf Snow is a very good all around attacker and is a wonderful addition to the team. It's best partner is Togekiss for aforementioned reasons, although it can also sweep in conjunction with Chandelure and Electivire.

Threatlist

488.png

Medium threat
This thing is incredibly bulky, hard to predict, and just annoying. Alone it can't do much, but in conjunction with other Pokemon, Cresselia is very annoying
Best Counter: Chandelure

381.png
380.png

Medium threat
Latios and Latias are taken down by Abomasnow, but if he's already gone, or if he's paralyzed, Latios and Latias can wreck havoc on my team. Nothing on my team barring Focus Sash on Chandelure can survive a Gem boosted Draco Meteor.
Best counters: Abomasnow, or Electivire with a Motor Drive boost. They can both outspeed and KO.

248.png

Medium threat
Tyranitar is more of an annoyance, as it forces me to run Hitmontop on the chance that it's scarfed. Hitmontop can counter it easy, but it's still a strong bulky beast, and so it gets a spot on this threatlist.
Best counters: Hitmontop or Rotom-W. Abomasnow can also kill it with a Grass Knot if Sandstorm isn't active.

Thank you for reading this!

One small nitpick I have is changing Electivire's Speed EVs to 252 then put 4 EVs in HP. I'm also not too sure about having Eject Button on Hitmontop. Perhaps it could hold a Coba Berry to reduce the damage it would take from a flying attack since Tornadus should be really common.

Yeah, I meant to put 4 HP 252 spd. I'l fix that. I'll test Coba, but I honestly haven't seen that many Tornadus' (Tornaduses?)

Bumping. I changed a bunch of spelling mistakes, elaborated on each pokemon, and posted a threatlist and intro.

Bumping for the last time. The team got me 4-1 in swiss, 6th place at VA last weekend, so I'm proud of it and I think with a little work it can get me even further this April.

Back