BW/BW2 Team Plasma: A Chess Set!?

jstar18

Ice Master!!!
I put this on another thread about Team Plasma and someone said I should make a thread about it so here is the post I put on the other thread!

I like how Team Plasma looks, I hate the name though! At first, I hated the look but when I thought about it, it hit me. The title for the game is Pokemon Black and White and a certain board game uses black and white pieces, CHESS! I think that those people are gonna be called the Plasma Pawns. They are the everyday grunts. Then there will be two people above them, they will be Rooks. And then two or one Bishops! Two Knights! A Queen and then they name a King which is the scene where they are crowning that person! Just an idea! I thought of this because of the medieval look they have!

What do you guys think?

YAY ME!

Ok so this idea is pure genius and I can see it going all the way! I hate saying this, but "we'll have to wait and see" how Team Plasma turns out. Maybe new Plasma info will leak by this weekend in the much-anticipated Coro Coro scans.

Did I mention this is PURE GENIUS?

i think this is such a great speculation
i think they sort of look like futuristic knights
and the shield shape logo on their tops makes it even more believable

Black and White. Good and Evil. The everyday common themes of Chess and Backgammon. This is very highly possible. Also Lost ftw.

dmaster out.

That would be cool, and instead of battles you'll play chess!!!!

If only....

They would use Chess memes and always say chess things, I would love it is it happened, sadly to say, it most likely won't happen.

Lost ftw

Personally, I think they look more like refugees from a Renaissance Faire than anything chess-related, but that's just my opinion.

Why was I not informed of this beautiful idea?

dmaster said:
Black and White. Good and Evil. The everyday common themes of Chess and Backgammon. This is very highly possible. Also Lost ftw.

dmaster out.
LOST FTW!
Guy89 said:
That would be cool, and instead of battles you'll play chess!!!!

If only....

They would use Chess memes and always say chess things, I would love it is it happened, sadly to say, it most likely won't happen.

Lost ftw

I would love your idea to happen <3

OK how bout this:

When you are at the Plasma HQ, to get to the King you have to play a game of chess and every time you attack a piece or vice versa you would have to battle! The difficulty would depend on the type of piece you're battling. The goal is to check the king. Is that too complicated for younger players?

dmaster said:

dmaster out.

offtopic: dmaster knows whats good. Lost is amazing.

ontopic: this is an excellent theory! like you said it fits perfectly with the two opposing sides/yin-yang/etc. theme going on. just throwing it out there, perhaps reshiram and zekrom are the two "players" in the chess match, so they have a long drawn out match, like how groudon and kyogre fought over land and sea.

jstar18 said:
I put this on another thread about Team Plasma and someone said I should make a thread about it so here is the post I put on the other thread!

I like how Team Plasma looks, I hate the name though! At first, I hated the look but when I thought about it, it hit me. The title for the game is Pokemon Black and White and a certain board game uses black and white pieces, CHESS! I think that those people are gonna be called the Plasma Pawns. They are the everyday grunts. Then there will be two people above them, they will be Rooks. And then two or one Bishops! Two Knights! A Queen and then they name a King which is the scene where they are crowning that person! Just an idea! I thought of this because of the medieval look they have!

What do you guys think?

This...is an extremely interesting theory. And what makes me more curious is the background for some of the released info has a checkered pattern on it... o_O

swimfastray said:
OK how bout this:

When you are at the Plasma HQ, to get to the King you have to play a game of chess and every time you attack a piece or vice versa you would have to battle! The difficulty would depend on the type of piece you're battling. The goal is to check the king. Is that too complicated for younger players?
I'm 15 and still not sure how to play chess .___.

Shimama-man said:
Wow, that's sad [and noobish]
I want this to come true but...

TheDarkLucario said:
Wow, that's sad [and noobish]
I want this to come true but...
I think having a good command over the English language and a little bit of Japanese will suffice :D
Chess is outdated anyway.... .__.

Shimama-man said:

I hate to admit this, but I'm not too good with chess either, and I'm 16 (though I know roughly how to play, and I can play draughts/checkers :p)! Anyway, I really like this theory. Maybe Team Plasma are intelligent adversaries who have thought out a game plan in order to capture Reshiram/Zekrom (who could be the Kings), but I'm not sure where the "balance" between pokemon and humans comes in. I dunno, I'll have to think more deeply... but still, interesting topic.

Timeshift said:
Maybe Team Plasma are intelligent adversaries who have thought out a game plan in order to capture Reshiram/Zekrom (who could be the Kings
Building on this, in Black Version Team Plasma is black, white in White. That way they are opposite of Reshiram/Zekrom. Your theory is plausible.

FunkyMunky said:
Building on this, in Black Version Team Plasma is black, white in White. That way they are opposite of Reshiram/Zekrom. Your theory is plausible.

That's true. I forgot that the colour of the legendary is the opposite for each game. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yeah FUNKYMUNKY stealing my ideas!
Thanks Timeshift!

They've only shown white Team Plasma so far, so do you think it's still possible my theory is right?

swimfastray said:
Yeah FUNKYMUNKY stealing my ideas!
Thanks Timeshift!

They've only shown white Team Plasma so far, so do you think it's still possible my theory is right?

You're welcome ;). Besides, all I did was think about Reshiram/Zekrom's roles and Team Plasma's objective. I had no idea anyone would take my theory so seriously :D.

Also, I think your theory about battling TP after every 'move' is interesting and plausible, and I could see this or something similar happening.

One more thing I'd like to point out:

Shimama-man said:
Chess is outdated anyway.... .__.

I don't know if you put this intentionally, Shimama-man, but I think you're on to something here. I was just reminded of TP's medieval costumes, hence why chess seems like such an outdated game. OK, I've either lost it completely and am making no sense, or all these theories seem to be fitting together rather nicely :D!

Chess, while an old game, is still relevant today. If Black/White does include some of this stuff, you guys are going to wish you learned how to play Chess a while ago. It's very similar to Pokemon (TCG and VG).

dmaster out.

Don't insult chess in front of me or I'll break into your house and destroy your computer >:}

I love this idea because it makes sense and because I LOVE CHESS

Back