BW/BW2 Team Plasma: A Chess Set!?

nidoking to b5. nidoqueen to a6. (i forgot the actual names of the places so i replaced them with battleship coordinants)

Wow all these ideas seem highly possible! XD
Maybe a similarity to chess is the way that the games make you thing about strategies by adding triple battles and rotation battles, even though triple battles and rotation battles have nothing to do with chess and/or team plasma

That sounds like a pretty awesome idea. But when it comes to Pokemon and cool ideas, Nintendo just doesnt cut it.
Playerking95 said:
This is a great theory but why the references to lost?
Good verses Evil and Black verses White are the key themes in the later seasons of LOST.

and time travel is in lost too wasn't it??
maybe Junichi Masuda really likes LOST

Ok. I'm not seeing this. Chess is not a very popular game in Japan. The game is JAPANESE! Shogi is the Japanese equivalent of chess. Shogi involves two sides battling, but usually has white, and tan sides battle. Chess is NOT played in Japan very often at all. I know that Knights and whatnot were European, but those legends are universal. Everyone knows what a knight is. Most Japanese children would not know what would be going on if there were references to chess. Like for example, if I were to ask you how you move a Gold General in Shogi, there's a 90% chance you'll go google search it. If the character were named Ote! you would have no idea about the reference. This is more likely than "checkmate".

Also, I'm not seeing the translation between black and white to good and evil to chess. Black and white are two opposite sides. Good and evil is in morality. Good and evil is a judgement, not a visible/physical trait. Chess is about two equal sides fighting. Black and white are opposite, but not EXACTLY equal. I don't know... I'm not seeing it. Just using my fail logic...

i love the idea about chess. i dont think theyll go overboard with making chess games a requirement though.
also tto the due before me japan does a lot of the same thing to us. ninetales and the bronzor line make little to no sense to those that arent familiar to it.

Zero said:
Ok. I'm not seeing this. Chess is not a very popular game in Japan. The game is JAPANESE! Shogi is the Japanese equivalent of chess. Shogi involves two sides battling, but usually has white, and tan sides battle. Chess is NOT played in Japan very often at all. I know that Knights and whatnot were European, but those legends are universal. Everyone knows what a knight is. Most Japanese children would not know what would be going on if there were references to chess. Like for example, if I were to ask you how you move a Gold General in Shogi, there's a 90% chance you'll go google search it. If the character were named Ote! you would have no idea about the reference. This is more likely than "checkmate".

Also, I'm not seeing the translation between black and white to good and evil to chess. Black and white are two opposite sides. Good and evil is in morality. Good and evil is a judgement, not a visible/physical trait. Chess is about two equal sides fighting. Black and white are opposite, but not EXACTLY equal. I don't know... I'm not seeing it. Just using my fail logic...
This.

It would help if you look things from the maker's perspective.

ya i get the whole makers perspective. course this is just speculation and what proof is there that the games on good against bad. im pretty sure its only about the new basic beggining of black and white and the goal of seperation. eventually black and white will mix (kinda like chess). who wins and snares the king/legend is the plotline.

Back