• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Team Plasma Turbo Lugia (Version 3.01) (Lugia EX / Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX)

A 1 of Latias is enough to derail a 4-4 line of Pyroar because it forces my opponent to promote something that has no ability. Remeber Latias EX Bright Down ability. Also dont forget Barrier Break goes through effects on opponents pokemon (no weakness, no resistance, and no abilities are affected by this attack)

And if that forces something other than a pyroar, you can swing with Lugia for extra prizes then resume attacking with Latias. The only way a 4-4 pyroar deck might be able to beat me is with laser (and that i miss switch cards and/or flips) or Latias EX gets prized (which can happen). Turbo Lugia has enough in the arsenal to pick off any other targets that arent Pyroar

JungleBeatz said:
A 1 of Latias is enough to derail a 4-4 line of Pyroar because it forces my opponent to promote something that has no ability.
Depending upon the Pyroar deck build, maybe. Most of the decks I've seen recently run a 4-4 line with a few techs and some of the techs even include Raichu - Lugia EX's nemesis... Even if you can manage to KO 1-2 Litleos and/or another tech, Pyroar will eventually hit the board (chances are) and then you are dealing with only Pyroars thereafter - a "no win" condition for you.

Secondly, it would take 3 separate turns to power-up your Latias EX (given your current build) which provides the Pyroar deck player ample time to 2HKO it easily. Even if you can manage to KO the first Pyroar, the 2nd Pyroar can KO your LEX. And the Pyroar "shield" is again in full effect. Without playing Super Rod/Sacred Ash, how can you recycle your Latias EX? Thus advantage: Pyroar deck.

I also run a Team Plasma deck and found through my experience, I decided that I needed to incorporate a 2-2 stage 1 Poké line to just KO the Pyroars. I found this route to just be more effective and consistent vs. utilizing a single Latias EX.

TuxedoBlack said:
Secondly, it would take 3 separate turns to power-up your Latias EX (given your current build)

Actually, it can be 1 and use it at the 2nd. :p

1 Energy from the turn
1 From Thundurus
1 From Colress Machine.

Eron said:
TuxedoBlack said:
Secondly, it would take 3 separate turns to power-up your Latias EX (given your current build)

1 Energy from the turn
1 From Thundurus
1 From Colress Machine.
Both Thundurus EX's Raiden Knuckle attack and Colress Machine only attaches energy to Team Plasma Poke and Latias EX is not a Team Plasma Poke.

Another thing I would like to point out is that most Pyroar decks run Charizard EX and Mewtwo EX, two cards that can easily put a hurting on Latias EX's face, making one perhaps not the end-all Pyroar counter, but at least a nuisance or perhaps a game-ender when used correctly.

TuxedoBlack said:
Secondly, it would take 3 separate turns to power-up your Latias EX (given your current build) which provides the Pyroar deck player ample time to 2HKO it easily. Even if you can manage to KO the first Pyroar, the 2nd Pyroar can KO your LEX.

You are forgetting that Pyroar cannot hit Latias EX due to the Bright down ability. Pyroar has an Ability, IE Pyroar cannot do damage. Latias forces your opponent to drop something else inwhich you should be prepared for with a Lugia and a Lysandre (this is turbo so you should be ready before your opponent)

Kecleon-X said:
Another thing I would like to point out is that most Pyroar decks run Charizard EX and Mewtwo EX, two cards that can easily put a hurting on Latias EX's face, making one perhaps not the end-all Pyroar counter, but at least a nuisance or perhaps a game-ender when used correctly.

Mewtwo or Charizard usually has to drop energy with a frozen city down which makes a lugia three prize gale so much easier. I have yet to lose to too many pyroar decks yet. Mewtwo isnt a real threat because it requires them to attach multiple energy attachments to OHKO a Latias (which gives you time to swing with Lugia). Charizard EX CB isnt much of a threat since it requires DCE, Black Smith, muscle band and then [If they play catcher] a heads for a one turn surprise. With Latias in play, you really wont see a one turn surprise unless u get hit by a Druddigon which is the true threat to Latias

We are getting super scoop up next set, so why not just 1-1 Garbodor for a Pyroar counter. Running 2 super scoop up can have its uses. Also Thundurus EX can destroy Pyroar without its ability.

Mr.Muffin said:
We are getting super scoop up next set, so why not just 1-1 Garbodor for a Pyroar counter. Running 2 super scoop up can have its uses. Also Thundurus EX can destroy Pyroar without its ability.

1-1 Line of Garb defeats the point of the Turbo Lugia. if I were to add 2 new cards, id rather add a line of 1-1 line of something like umbreon or glaceon or 1 additional Latias EX and something else useful (Sacred Ash, another energy, etc)

For that to work you have to commit 4 cards (2 ssu * 1-1 line). A garb can be Lysander out and then no more garb. Also ssu is only a coin flip which can fail. A 2-2 line of something like glaceon would be more consistent and with its ability and is a good answer to pyroar. However it slow. This is turbo Lugia. A 2nd Latias would work but not Garbodor lol

TuxedoBlack said:
Eron said:

1 Energy from the turn
1 From Thundurus
1 From Colress Machine.
Both Thundurus EX's Raiden Knuckle attack and Colress Machine only attaches energy to Team Plasma Poke and Latias EX is not a Team Plasma Poke.
(I said that cause I thought HE DID use a TP Badge, but as he doesn't, it actually takes 3 turns)
That's why I use a Team Plasma Badge on my plasma deck. :p

You know, intead of using 4 Muscle Bands, 3 Muscle Bands and 1 TP Badge would be better.

Mr.Muffin said:
Latias EX can't attack Pyroar because it is still a basic.

Actually, due to the text of the attack, it can do its job just fine.

However, I must state that this thread should get back on track a bit more. The Latias conversation has been going on for quite some time and it seems to have derailed the thread slightly.

Back