Playthrough Team Rocket's... Not so Team Rocket's... James' Mission - A Wonderlocke - Chapter 7

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
2ivgxog.png

Deep underground, in an almost-forgotten hideaway, Jessie, James, and Meowth of Team Rocket stood proudly at attention, waiting for instructions from the boss and commander, Giovanni. They saluted quickly and respectfully at his presence the moment he came on screen, then fell silent awaiting his words.

"I have a new mission for you. I want you both to infiltrate the Kalos Region and achieve some objectives for me, but we're going to go about things a bit differently this time around."

"Differently, sir?" James asked carefully.

"You will be deep undercover, in permanent disguise as Pokémon Trainers. None of your previous Pokémon will be allowed with you, including Meowth."

"Wait, what?!" Meowth's jaw fell.

"You will be in disguise constantly. No references to Team Rocket or any of your previous actions outside of the Kalos Region. No uniforms, no motto."

"NO MOTTO?!" All thee exclaimed, James's eyes beginning to tear up at the thought.

"Yes, no motto. And you'll both be working separately, understood?"

"Sir, yessir!" They quickly stood at attention, throwing another salute.

"Your main objectives are two-fold: you will obtain a Mega-ring and learn the secret of Mega-evolution, and you will also discover and thwart the plans of the newfangled Team Flare."

"Sir, yessir!"

"Additionally, in order to blend in and truly fit into your roles, I want you to challenge the Gyms of the Kalos Region as if you were attempting to challenge the League." Giovanni chuckled. "I don't expect you to make it, naturally, but at least put in a good show and see how far you can get."

Jessie and James looked at each other grimly and nodded.

"Of course," Giovanni continued, "you both have proven yourselves wholly incompetent when it comes to actually catching and training Pokémon, so I have devised a system to help you. Please, open the box I sent you."

Jessie kneeled down and grabbed the box the boss was referring to, a small package that had arrived earlier in the day with instructions to call him. Inside were two small transporting devices, very similar to the ones that were used in some laboratories and complexes to transport Pokéballs back and forth.

"These transporters are my gift to you both," Giovanni explained. "Throughout your journey, you will have Pokémon supplied to you by Team Rocket's headquarters. Hopefully, by using the Pokémon we give to you to use as gifts, you will be successful in your endeavors. Now get out of my sight and don't contact me again until your missions are completed."

The transmission ended, leaving Jessie, James, and Meowth standing in the dark of the underground complex.

"Oh, James, I'm so excited!" Jessie announced, flinging her arms over his shoulders. "Kalos! Think of the shopping, and the food, and the fashion, and the shopping!" Her eyes glittered with excitement. "I simply can't wait!"

You've seen Athena's run, right? Well, this is James' Run, my run. :p
We'll both be doing a Wonderlocke in the perspective of a member of Team Rocket, me James, her Jessie. We're gonna use the same rules and everything!
Wonderlocke Rules

1. If a Pokémon faints, it is dead and must be sent to PokéBank heaven.
  2. I am only allowed to catch the first Pokémon I see on a route. If the capture is successful, the Pokémon is immediately traded away via Wonder Trade; this is the Pokémon I am allowed to use from this route.
  3. No Super Training or Pokémon Amie will be used, with the exception of necessary Amie-training for evolution (ie, Sylveon)
  4. Dupes Clause: If I get a WT Pokémon that is a Pokémon I have already received from WT (or of the same evolutionary line), I will immediately WT it away until I receive a new Pokémon.
  5. HM Slave Clause: If I don't get any Pokémon that can learn a necessary field move, I'm allowed to catch and use a Pokémon that can learn that move, but ONLY for using the move in field; these Pokémon will not battle.
  6. Shiny Clause: If James is lucky enough to come across a Shiny Pokémon, he'll like it's colors and catch it :3

Chapters

<James> Time to get the mission underway...
<James> I wonder if Jessie's started yet...
<James> Anyway, no time to dilly-dally, or the boss'll be angry!
*James has entered #AquacordeTown
<James> Right then, the Package should be somewhere around here...
*James has recieved a Package!
<James> Hey, at least it isn't Real Estate!
<James> Now, let's see what's in here...
*James has recieved Chespin!
<James> Ooh! Aren't you nice? I think I'll call you Chestie, in memory of my little Growlie.
<???> Wait!
<James> ?
<Ash> What are you up to this time, James?
<Ash> What are your evil plans?
<Ash> I'm going to send you blasting off again!

//Battle Started//
Ash//Froakie VS James//Chespin

<Ash> Froakie, Bubble!
<James> Chestie, Vine Whip!
<Ash> Froakie, Bubble!
<Ash> Froakie, no!
<James> Nice try, but you're not good enough to beat me yet!
<Ash> I'll beat you! Just wait and see!
*Ash has left #AquacordeTown
<James> Well then, time to set off!
<James> Let's see what we can find...
<James> Ooh!
<Starly> Tweet! Tweet!
<James> Now who's a pretty birdie?
<Starly> Tweet!

That Starly was level 19...
...Yeah.
<James> Ah, Santalune Forest...
<James> I think I'll look for something here, too.
<James> There we go!
*Illumise has joined the party!
<James> Now then, let's find our way through this dank forest!

I battled a few Trainers in Santalune Forest, but nothing I couldn't handle. After I emerged onto the route, however, I noticed a strange barbed seed sticking to one of the bushes.

<Ferroseed> Ferro Ferro }:<
<James> That Pokémon is simply amazing! I must catch it!
*Ferroseed has joined the Party!
<James> Now, to train you up!

I battled the Preschoolers, and learnt that a lady by the name of Viola was the Gym Leader of Santalune City. I also battled my way through the Schoolchildren and saw a rollerskater. I was surprised at this, as back in Kanto, rollerskaters were uncommon. I pass through the City, noticing a Gym, a Pokémon Centre, and a Boutique. I come to Route 5, and saw a little Blue Mouse hopping on it's tail.

<James> Gah! I must have it!
*Azurill has joined the party
<Azurill> Ri ri riii
<James> Are you going to grow up big and strong?
<James> I don't want to lose you...

Now, I had added many members to my team, and decided to train them for the oncoming Gym.
<James> So then!
<James> I've healed my Pokémon, they're trained, and I feel ready for anything!
<Skater> Hey, stranger!
<Skater> Isn't cruising around town on your roller skates the best thing ever?
<James> I don't know
<James> I don't even have roller skates
<Skater> YOU DON'T?
<Skater> How about this
<Skater> If you beat me in a battle, I'll give you a pair!
<James> Ehrm... I'd rather battle the Gym leader...
<James> ...but, I'll take you on!
//Battle Start//
Skater//Zigzagoon VS James//Chespin
<Skater> Nooooooooo! Zigzagooon!
<James> And that's what you get for being in my way!
<Skater> Owh, just take these...
*James got the Roller Skates!
<James> Now, for the Gym!
*James has entred #SantaluneGym

It was like a studio; large photograph prints hanging from the wall. There was a string-like structure in the centre of the room, leading me to assume the Gym as Bug-type. I put Ferroseed up first, as with Rollout he would be a Strong Battler. Tentatively, I slid my way down the string. When I reached the bottom, I found something interesting; the whole Gym was a spider's web! It was large enough to walk on the firm parts, and I saw trainers, so I began. I defeated the first, a Youngster, another Youngster. After the third, a Lass, I switched in to Chestie, so that he could take on Viola.

//Battle Start//
Viola//Surskit VS James//Chespin
<Viola> Surskit, Bubble!
<James> Chestie, Rollout!
<Viola> Surskit, Bubble!
Viola//Vivillon VS James//Chespin
<Viola> Vivillon, Harden!
<Viola> Vivillon, no!
<James> Good job, Chestie!
<Viola> Wow...
<Viola> You and your Pokémon have shown me a whole new depth of field! Fantastic! Just fantastic!
<Viola> Here, take the Bug Badge! It's a sign of your accomplishment!
<James> Thank you very much!
<Viola> Also, please take this TM. It contains Infestation!
<James> Amazing! Thanks!
<James> Bye!
*James has left #SantaluneGym
<James> Well, that was fun!
<Alexa> Oh! You're one of the kids that got a Pokémon from Professor Sycamore, right?
<James> Well, I guess...
<Alexa> What's that? Wow! The Bug Badge!
<Alexa> To beat Viola at your young age...
<Alexa> You really are something, aren't you?
<Alexa> Oh, I haven't introduced myself.
<Alexa> I'm Alexa, Viola's big sister!
<James> Nice to meet you!
<Alexa> I'm a journalist, so it's not much of a problem to give you this!
*James got the Exp. Share!
<James> Thanks, but I don't think I'll use it; I want to bond with my Pokémon more and more!
<Alexa> Use it if you want to! Anyway, it's time I was going. Bye!
*Alexa has left #SantaluneCity
<James> I think that I'll catch a Pokémon today!
<James> ...!
<Fletchling> PRAISE ME!
<James> !!
<James> I must use this Pokémon! I must catch it!
*Fletchling has joined the Party!
<Fletchling> PRAISE MEEEE
<James> Now, to grind!
*Some time later
<James> Ah, finally!
<James> All my Pokémon are almost ready to win this!
<Jessie> James, wait!
<Jessie> We should battle, to see which of us is better!
<James> All right...
<James> B-But, I'll win!
<James> We're getting really close!
<Jessie> Whatever! We'll beat you!

Detailed Battle Sequence...
START!
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHZoQHCzLC4[/video]
fennekin.gif
Jessie//Fennekin VS James\\Fletchling
fletchling.gif

Lv. 13 // Lv.13

It begins! Jessie decides to lead with her Fennekin, and I lead with my Italian Fletchling of Doom. I start relentlessly tackling, while her attacks do little. However, at a critical moment, her Fennekin's Ember crits and my precious Fletchling is put out of the battle. In retaliation, I send out my Azurril, hoping to oust it with a Water attack.​

fennekin.gif
Jessie//Fennekin VS James\\Azurill
azurill.gif

Lv. 13 // Lv.12

Seeing my Azurill's potential to easily K.O. her Pokémon, Jessie switches out to her Bulbasaur, and absorbs the Damage from my Water Gun. In response, I switch into my strongest, Starly. Wing Attack finishes the Bulbasaur, triggering her to send in Ralts to take advantage of my shabby Special Defense.​

ralts.gif
Jessie//Ralts VS James\\Starly
starly.gif

Lv. 13//Lv. 19

Quicly, before the Ralts can do a thing, Starly moves and OHKOs the poor thing. However, Jessie has an answer to Starly after all: Her Level 14 Staravia. Even though my Pokémon is five levels higher, the stat gain from evolution is too powerful and it KOs my Starly with a single Double-Edge. Next, I send up Ferroseed.​

staravia.gif
Jessie//Staravia VS James\\Ferroseed
ferroseed.gif

Lv. 14//Lv. 15

Here, Staravia tries to whittle down my Ferroseed, but is soon KO'd by my Rollout. Afterwards, she sends out her Fennekin, on it's last legs. Before Ferroseed can put it out of it's misery, she manages to get an Ember off, which KOs my poor Ferroseed. I send out Azurill now, and dispatch it quickly. Now, she sends out Riolu. In a mischievous mood, I return Azurill, and send out GUR, the Illumise. She has no attacking moves, so this should be fun.​

....you probably wanna skip what happens here...
>Spam Charm
>Moonlight
>Riolu Quick Attack Spam
>Jessie switches to Froakie after she finishes her manicure.
>I switch to Chespin
>Jessie switches to Riolu

riolu.gif
Jessie//Riolu VS James\\Chespin
chespin.gif

Lv. 13//Lv. 15

Riolu withstands my powerful attack, and lands one last Quick Attack before being knocked out by my Rollout. She sends out her Froakie, and we duke it out with her Protean-boosted Pound and my increasingly powerful Rollout, until Keromatsu the Froakie collapses with exhaustion.

<James> That was a great match!
<James> It was, admittedly, the most fun thing I've done here since we came.
*James offers handshake
<Jessie> Hmmf! All your Pokémon were overleveled compared to mine!
<Jessie> That was the only reason you won!
*Jessie has left #Route4
<James> Oh, well. At least she seems to be having fun with her Pokémon...

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtb4yeCMH7E[/video]
<James> Poké-Poké-Poké-Pokémon Ondo~
<Starly> Ichi no ni san de-
<Fletchling> -getto de yoiyoi!
<Ferroseed> Odotte odotte-
<Azurill> Odoroite~ (utsubotto!)
<Chestie> Odoroite odoroite-
<Sparks> Sokodoite~ (gorubatto!)
<All> Rarararara~
Introducing...
charmander.gif

Sparks the Charmander!​

Earlier in the day, I had been exploring Lumiose City. In my opinion, it just screamed Jessie. While I was there, the first thing I did was pick up my Charmander from Professor Dedenne. He's Adamant, and as well as receiving him, I gained a mysterious stone, known as the Charizardite. This piqued my interest, as Professor Dedenne had mentioned it was a Mega Stone, one of the things key to Mega Evolution. Afterwards, Jessie said to meet her at a fancy looking place called Café Soleil. Here we met a rather charming Lady called Diantha. When we entered, she was talking to Lysandre, a man I had encountered earlier. They were going off about "Eternal Beauty" or some absurd thing like that. I mean, Lysandre just... he's obviously the leader of Team Flare. No doubt about it. I related him to Giovanni, who had before had the role of Viridian City Gym Leader, and how Lysandre was the head of a company called Lysandre Labs. After we finished comparing notes, I headed for the gate of Route 5. When I arrived, I noticed a Fletchling, in a pink tuxedo. It was staring at me with raised eyebrows. I shuddered and sent out my own Fletchling, who quickly finished it off. I obtained mysterious abilities called "O-Powers". I don't think I'll bother with them. Anyway, we've arrived at the present. So, I'll make my way out of the Gate area...

<Lucario> Grrf!
<James> What.
<Lucario> Rawf!
<James> WHAT.
<Korrina> Wait! Lucario!!!
<Korrina> Sorry about that! Are you OK?
<James> I think so...
<Korrina> I was doing some special training with my Lucario when all of a sudden it dashed off...
<Korrina> LUCARIO WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOU WHY DID YOU ATTACK THIS GUY DO YOU LIKE HIS AURA OR SOMETHING
<Lucario> Arrf...
<Korrina> Anyway, I'm Shalour City's Gym Leader. Be sure to drop by for a battle when you can!
*Korrina has left #Route5
<James> Well then, everyone... let's find a new partner!
<Dunsparce> Durr Durr
<James> I must... not have it?

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PTACp3xGvo[/video]
<Budew> Oikaketeta-kke?
<Fletchinder> Nigeteita-kke?
<Staravia> Docchi ga docchi datta ka
<James> Kongara kongara gacchatta!
<Sparks>Nicchi mo sacchi mo dou ni mo-
<Chestie> -runpappa!
<All> Chura chura chura chura
<All> Chura chura churara...​

Well, that was fun. I had just got back to Camphrier Town, after getting the Poké Flute from Parfum Palace. In the morning, I had set out from the Lumiose Pokémon Centre, having left HitlerSparce in my Box, where he couldn't enact the Fletchling Holocaust. I had cleared out Route 5, beating all the trainers, and in Camphrier Town I investigated Shabboneau Castle, after a tipoff from an informant that a Mega Stone was residing there. I searched to no avail; however, I did find a length of rope. There, I also encountered the Twerp, Ash, and we learnt that a Snorlax was blocking the path to Route 7. I obtained the Poké Flute by cornering (and almost stealing) a Furfrou, and had an.... awkward moment with Ash at Parfum Palace. While I was on this escapade, I encountered a lovely Budew, and boy, I swear he's the avatar of death after Fletchling. Also, many of my Pokémon evolved, specifically Starly into Staravia, Sparks into Charmeleon, Chestie into Quilladin and Fletchling into Fletchinder.

<Fletchinder> PRAISE ME
<Budew> Hell no.
<Fletchinder> Please don't hurt me ;w;
(Fletchinder is Timid.)

I came to Route 7, and I found there, after dispelling the pesky Snorlax, a little creature that looked a little like an iceberg. My PokéDex identified it as Bergmite.

<James> EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
<James> I
<James> Must
<James> Have
<James> IT
<James> !!

Introducing...
bergmite.gif

カチコール (Kachikōru) the Bergmite!​
Community Involvement
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t80JGs7kDH0&list=PL7F37DB8C64A5EE28[/video]

<James> Nakanai koto ga tsuyoi koto nante
<James> Dare ga itta no?
<James> Omoi kiri naite hora, kao wo agete.
<Roserade> Kizu tsuku koto kara nigeteta
<Roserade> Kinou ni sayounara...
<Roserade> Mada kaze wa tsuyoi kedo.
<Azumarill> Kachi make dake ja wakaranai
<Azumarill> Honto no tsuyosa shiru tame ni
<Luxray> Zenryoku de butsukatte-
<Talonflame> Hekondara shinkokyuu-
<James> Shinjiru michi susume...!
<All> Narase, narase, kokoro no FANFARE
<Roserade> Hibike todoke ima, takaraka ni
<Azumarill> Maketa kara owarun janai
<Luxray> Kitto kitto hajimaru sa...
<Talonflame> Kimi no mune no mannaka de...!​

I was sitting on a chair outside one of those Cafés in Lumiose… Rouleau, I think. I’d ordered some food, and was sipping on the tea I had ordered as I arrived. Some type of Rooibos. There probably wasn’t a reason I was there, but I was for some reason. Prism Tower wasn’t far, and I’d just beaten Clemont, but at a painful cost. Yet another one dead. Skorupi, a new member of the team, promising from the get-go and almost ready to evolve… that brought the total up to, what was it? Eight? So much had happened between Camphrier and now. I finished my tea and rose abruptly. What was next? I looked at the Holo Caster, the device designed by Lysandre. I didn’t really trust him, but that map sure was handy at times.

<James> Laverre City…
<James> There’s a Gym there, apparently.
<James> Off I go, then!​

As I entered Route 14, it started raining. Dismal. I stepped up the rise and was greeted by swamps, which definitely weren’t my sort of thing, so I treaded carefully while battling the trainers. After a while, I ended up at the end of the route. I was cold, wet and not in a very good mood. I walked through the narrow passage and into Laverre. It seemed to be something out of a Fairy Tale, taken from the olden days. I stepped into the Boutique and bought a new set of clothes, which I changed into. The Gym though was what blew me away. A giant tree, covered in mushrooms, with a house at the bottom.

<James> Huh…
<James> What’s that?​

A sword, sticking out of the ground. It looked rather ornate, worth money. Of course, being an agent of the great Team Rocket, I instinctively grabbed it. As soon as I did so, however, the ribbon-like thing attached to the hilt wrapped itself around my arm.

<James> WHAT
<James> Get off!
<ヒトツキ> …
*ヒトツキ has joined the Party!​

Introducing...
honedge.gif

ヒトツキ (Hitotsuki) the Honedge!​

Roles:
Well, I'm going to majorly be using the same roles as in Athena's run, but if you want a cameo/whatever, just ask!

I'd also welcome any other suggestions or ideas aside from those I've listed here. :)

PHIPAQ

Q: What's a PHIPAQ?
A: Since I haven't been asked any questions yet, I can't rightfully have a FAQ, so I have a PHIPAQ instead. It stands for: Potentially Helpful Information Phrased As Questions. I like providing information in the form of a Q&A, deal with it.

Q: When will this start?
A: Now!

Q: How often do you plan on updating?
A: Quite often, probably.

Q: How long will your chapters be?
A: If you saw my previous 'Locke, you'll see that I like the Chat style, so they'll vary.

Q: I have a question about something that's not mentioned in this post, what should I do?!
A: Just post it here, I won't obliterate you (If you catch me on a good day) ;D

If someone wants to make a proper banner/whatever for this, it'd be much appreciated :D

RE: Team Rocket's... Not so Team Rocket's... James' Mission - A Wonderlocke

You guys are making me want to do a "Giovanni" run.... anyhoo, good luck, hope it's as awesome as Athena's is so far.

Nice first chapter! I'd like to be a gym leader like in Athena's locke.

You and Athena should battle a few times! And both write their own chapters about it. Ofc the faintings there don't count as deaths.

Reggie, I think that was what he was saying, he would keep everyone in the same roles as in Athena's wonderlocke. Because it wouldn't make sense for James to meet different people/gym leaders.

MtheW said:
You guys are making me want to do a "Giovanni" run.... anyhoo, good luck, hope it's as awesome as Athena's is so far.
And I'll be Meowth.

Teal said:
You and Athena should battle a few times! And both write their own chapters about it. Ofc the faintings there don't count as deaths.

I like this idea a lot. Sort of like... Practice matches?

Feathers and I do plan to battle a few times throughout the game and see how things go. :3 He originally wanted to battle after each Gym, but I don't think that will work out since we'd have to time our playing very closely to each other and such, and that's not fair to either of us. But it's fun to come together and see how things go. If I can, I'll try to write up our battles as Omake chapters. :D

Of course, these Wonderlockes aren't exactly two sides of the same story.... after all, James is his own, different character in my Wonderlocke, just as Jessie is in Feathers'. :p As such, it doesn't really matter all too much if roles are different or whatever, but I think he's going to try and keep them more or less the same, even if the 5 starting characters are all different for all of us. We'll see how it goes; he may get too impatient to see what I'm doing with the roles. :p

Also, MtheW, love the Giovanni idea! :D Dedenne also had an idea of doing a solo-run as Meowth that I thought would be super awesome, if challenging. :3

Now, these'll be short-ish, but I'll be trying for 'em daily.
<James> Ah, Santalune Forest...
<James> I think I'll look for something here, too.
<James> There we go!
*Illumise has joined the party!
<James> Now then, let's find our way through this dank forest!

I battled a few Trainers in Santalune Forest, but nothing I couldn't handle. After I emerged onto the route, however, I noticed a strange barbed seed sticking to one of the bushes.

<Ferroseed> Ferro Ferro }:<
<James> That Pokémon is simply amazing! I must catch it!
*Ferroseed has joined the Party!
<James> Now, to train you up!

I battled the Preschoolers, and learnt that a lady by the name of Viola was the Gym Leader of Santalune City. I also battled my way through the Schoolchildren and saw a rollerskater. I was surprised at this, as back in Kanto, rollerskaters were uncommon. I pass through the City, noticing a Gym, a Pokémon Centre, and a Boutique. I come to Route 5, and saw a little Blue Mouse hopping on it's tail.

<James> Gah! I must have it!
*Azurril has joined the party
<Azurril> Ri ri riii
<James> Are you going to grow up big and strong?
<James> I don't want to lose you...

Now, I had added many members to my team, and decided to train them for the oncoming Gym.

RE: Team Rocket's... Not so Team Rocket's... James' Mission - A Wonderlocke - Chapter 2 wheee

I guess I'll do a

"Biff", "Bill", "Buffy", "Bob", "Hutch", "Butcher", "Patch", "Botch", "Chuck", "Mitch", "Footch" or "Hootch"
run. ANKA (Also Not Known As, since everyone calls him something else:p) Butch.

Funny story though! I'll be following it for sure. :D

Do you trade your Pokémon with WT? I noticed your team only has Pokémon available in the beginning. Or did you just get them from WT? Asking since it's called a "Wonderlocke". :p

RE: Team Rocket's... Not so Team Rocket's... James' Mission - A Wonderlocke - Chapter 2 wheee

Drohn said:
I guess I'll do a

"Biff", "Bill", "Buffy", "Bob", "Hutch", "Butcher", "Patch", "Botch", "Chuck", "Mitch", "Footch" or "Hootch"
run. ANKA (Also Not Known As, since everyone calls him something else:p) Butch.

Funny story though! I'll be following it for sure. :D

Do you trade your Pokémon with WT? I noticed your team only has Pokémon available in the beginning. Or did you just get them from WT? Asking since it's called a "Wonderlocke". :p

I get them from WT, I just write it like I don't :p
Do eeeeet!
I'll post chapter 3 when I get home, and I'll see if 'Thena can battle.

Hnnngnorepliesyoureplytothenawhynotzoidberg
<James> So then!
<James> I've healed my Pokémon, they're trained, and I feel ready for anything!
<Skater> Hey, stranger!
<Skater> Isn't cruising around town on your roller skates the best thing ever?
<James> I don't know
<James> I don't even have roller skates
<Skater> YOU DON'T?
<Skater> How about this
<Skater> If you beat me in a battle, I'll give you a pair!
<James> Ehrm... I'd rather battle the Gym leader...
<James> ...but, I'll take you on!
//Battle Start//
Skater//Zigzagoon VS James//Chespin
<Skater> Nooooooooo! Zigzagooon!
<James> And that's what you get for being in my way!
<Skater> Owh, just take these...
*James got the Roller Skates!
<James> Now, for the Gym!
*James has entred #SantaluneGym

It was like a studio; large photograph prints hanging from the wall. There was a string-like structure in the centre of the room, leading me to assume the Gym as Bug-type. I put Ferroseed up first, as with Rollout he would be a Strong Battler. Tentatively, I slid my way down the string. When I reached the bottom, I found something interesting; the whole Gym was a spider's web! It was large enough to walk on the firm parts, and I saw trainers, so I began. I defeated the first, a Youngster, another Youngster. After the third, a Lass, I switched in to Chestie, so that he could take on Viola.

//Battle Start//
Viola//Surskit VS James//Chespin
<Viola> Surskit, Bubble!
<Viola> Surskit, Bubble!
Viola//Vivillon VS James//Chespin
<Viola> Vivillon, Harden!
<Viola> Vivillon, no!
<James> Good job, Chestie!
<Viola> Wow...
<Viola> You and your Pokémon have shown me a whole new depth of field! Fantastic! Just fantastic!
<Viola> Here, take the Bug Badge! It's a sign of your accomplishment!
<James> Thank you very much!
<Viola> Also, please take this TM. It contains Infestation!
<James> Amazing! Thanks!
<James> Bye!
*James has left #SantaluneGym
<James> Well, that was fun!
<Alexa> Oh! You're one of the kids that got a Pokémon from Professor Sycamore, right?
<James> Well, I guess...
<Alexa> What's that? Wow! The Bug Badge!
<Alexa> To beat Viola at your young age...
<Alexa> You really are something, aren't you?
<Alexa> Oh, I haven't introduced myself.
<Alexa> I'm Alexa, Viola's big sister!
<James> Nice to meet you!
<Alexa> I'm a journalist, so it's not much of a problem to give you this!
*James got the Exp. Share!
<James> Thanks, but I don't think I'll use it; I want to bond with my Pokémon more and more!
<Alexa> Use it if you want to! Anyway, it's time I was going. Bye!
*Alexa has left #SantaluneCity
<James> I think that I'll catch a Pokémon today!
<James> ...!
<Fletchling> PRAISE ME!
<James> !!
<James> I must use this Pokémon! I must catch it!

PRAISE HIM
HE IS ITALIAN

Wow. You do a nuzlocke and end up getting a Fletchling. Say whaaaaaaaat. Too bad you gotta Wonder Trade it... :b

Unless... you're telling me that you actually got a Fletchling through WT? If so then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqyixwqiCag

RE: Team Rocket's... Not so Team Rocket's... James' Mission - A Wonderlocke - Chapter 3 omg

Really like it. "I must have it" is becoming his catch phrase haha. Loving that you got a Fletchling as well, haha. I am seriously going to do a Giovanni run. But it won't be a Wonderlocke. I just need to find my X version now :/

Here's to hoping you don't lose anyone!

RE: Team Rocket's... Not so Team Rocket's... James' Mission - A Wonderlocke - Chapter 3 omg

Haha, is your Fletchling really Italian? That's super awesome. :D You should post your levels and stuff so I can tell how underleveled I'll be when we finally get around to battling. :p

*Fletchling has joined the Party!
<Fletchling> PRAISE MEEEE
<James> Now, to grind!
*Some time later
<James> Ah, finally!
<James> All my Pokémon are almost ready to win this!
<Jessie> James, wait!
<Jessie> We should battle, to see which of us is better!
<James> All right...
<James> B-But, I'll win!
<James> We're getting really close!
<Jessie> Whatever! We'll beat you!

Detailed Battle Sequence...
START!
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHZoQHCzLC4[/video]
fennekin.gif
Jessie//Fennekin VS James\\Fletchling
fletchling.gif

Lv. 13 // Lv.13

It begins! Jessie decides to lead with her Fennekin, and I lead with my Italian Fletchling of Doom. I start relentlessly tackling, while her attacks do little. However, at a critical moment, her Fennekin's Ember crits and my precious Fletchling is put out of the battle. In retaliation, I send out my Azurril, hoping to oust it with a Water attack.​

fennekin.gif
Jessie//Fennekin VS James\\Azurill
azurill.gif

Lv. 13 // Lv.12

Seeing my Azurill's potential to easily K.O. her Pokémon, Jessie switches out to her Bulbasaur, and absorbs the Damage from my Water Gun. In response, I switch into my strongest, Starly. Wing Attack finishes the Bulbasaur, triggering her to send in Ralts to take advantage of my shabby Special Defense.​

ralts.gif
Jessie//Ralts VS James\\Starly
starly.gif

Lv. 13//Lv. 19

Quicly, before the Ralts can do a thing, Starly moves and OHKOs the poor thing. However, Jessie has an answer to Starly after all: Her Level 14 Staravia. Even though my Pokémon is five levels higher, the stat gain from evolution is too powerful and it KOs my Starly with a single Double-Edge. Next, I send up Ferroseed.​

staravia.gif
Jessie//Staravia VS James\\Ferroseed
ferroseed.gif

Lv. 14//Lv. 15

Here, Staravia tries to whittle down my Ferroseed, but is soon KO'd by my Rollout. Afterwards, she sends out her Fennekin, on it's last legs. Before Ferroseed can put it out of it's misery, she manages to get an Ember off, which KOs my poor Ferroseed. I send out Azurill now, and dispatch it quickly. Now, she sends out Riolu. In a mischievous mood, I return Azurill, and send out GUR, the Illumise. She has no attacking moves, so this should be fun.​

....you probably wanna skip what happens here...
>Spam Charm
>Moonlight
>Riolu Quick Attack Spam
>Jessie switches to Froakie after she finishes her manicure.
>I switch to Chespin
>Jessie switches to Riolu

riolu.gif
Jessie//Riolu VS James\\Chespin
chespin.gif

Lv. 13//Lv. 15

Riolu withstands my powerful attack, and lands one last Quick Attack before being knocked out by my Rollout. She sends out her Froakie, and we duke it out with her Protean-boosted Pound and my increasingly powerful Rollout, until Keromatsu the Froakie collapses with exhaustion.

<James> That was a great match!
<James> It was, admittedly, the most fun thing I've done here since we came.
*James offers handshake
<Jessie> Hmmf! All your Pokémon were overleveled compared to mine!
<Jessie> That was the only reason you won!
*Jessie has left #Route4
<James> Oh, well. At least she seems to be having fun with her Pokémon...
Have the battle from James' POV!

RE: Team Rocket's... Not so Team Rocket's... James' Mission - A Wonderlocke - Chapter 4 - Rokketo-dan!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtb4yeCMH7E[/video]
<James> Poké-Poké-Poké-Pokémon Ondo~
<Starly> Ichi no ni san de-
<Fletchling> -getto de yoiyoi!
<Ferroseed> Odotte odotte-
<Azurill> Odoroite~ (utsubotto!)
<Chestie> Odoroite odoroite-
<Sparks> Sokodoite~ (gorubatto!)
<All> Rarararara~
Introducing...
charmander.gif

Sparks the Charmander!​

Earlier in the day, I had been exploring Lumiose City. In my opinion, it just screamed Jessie. While I was there, the first thing I did was pick up my Charmander from Professor Dedenne. He's Adamant, and as well as receiving him, I gained a mysterious stone, known as the Charizardite. This piqued my interest, as Professor Dedenne had mentioned it was a Mega Stone, one of the things key to Mega Evolution. Afterwards, Jessie said to meet her at a fancy looking place called Café Soleil. Here we met a rather charming Lady called Diantha. When we entered, she was talking to Lysandre, a man I had encountered earlier. They were going off about "Eternal Beauty" or some absurd thing like that. I mean, Lysandre just... he's obviously the leader of Team Flare. No doubt about it. I related him to Giovanni, who had before had the role of Viridian City Gym Leader, and how Lysandre was the head of a company called Lysandre Labs. After we finished comparing notes, I headed for the gate of Route 5. When I arrived, I noticed a Fletchling, in a pink tuxedo. It was staring at me with raised eyebrows. I shuddered and sent out my own Fletchling, who quickly finished it off. I obtained mysterious abilities called "O-Powers". I don't think I'll bother with them. Anyway, we've arrived at the present. So, I'll make my way out of the Gate area...

<Lucario> Grrf!
<James> What.
<Lucario> Rawf!
<James> WHAT.
<Korrina> Wait! Lucario!!!
<Korrina> Sorry about that! Are you OK?
<James> I think so...
<Korrina> I was doing some special training with my Lucario when all of a sudden it dashed off...
<Korrina> LUCARIO WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOU WHY DID YOU ATTACK THIS GUY DO YOU LIKE HIS AURA OR SOMETHING
<Lucario> Arrf...
<Korrina> Anyway, I'm Shalour City's Gym Leader. Be sure to drop by for a battle when you can!
*Korrina has left #Route5
<James> Well then, everyone... let's find a new partner!
<Dunsparce> Durr Durr
<James> I must... not have it?

Imma grind, then I'll do chapter 6 tomorrow ;o

RE: Team Rocket's... Not so Team Rocket's... James' Mission - A Wonderlocke - Chapter 5 - Rokketo-ondo!

That Dunsparce could have been your best friend. You're missing out bro.

RE: Team Rocket's... Not so Team Rocket's... James' Mission - A Wonderlocke - Chapter 5 - Rokketo-ondo!

It's german. I think it's hitler incarnate D:

Then teach it love so that it doesn't enact the Fletchling Holocaust.

Back