Techs Against Mommy Gengar, Machamp, Speedrill, Kingdra, and Luxape?

To know what techs to use the kind of deck they are going into is important. It would seem a little impractical to put in a Toxicroak G for Machamp if your deck isn't SP. The same goes with dialga G to stop the mommy part of gengar.

I also think that the tcg is similar in the fact that it is impossible to counter every threat in the game with one team/deck.

Medaforcer said:
To know what techs to use the kind of deck they are going into is important. It would seem a little impractical to put in a Toxicroak G for Machamp if your deck isn't SP. The same goes with dialga G to stop the mommy part of gengar.

I also think that the tcg is similar in the fact that it is impossible to counter every threat in the game with one team/deck.

actually, unless he's using a deck that has Poke-Bodies...with the advent of SP Energy, Dialga G is very viable as a tech in a non-SP deck...as is Toxicroak G, but that would be a less viable tech considering ToxicG is really only meant as a buffer for SP decks

qnetykz said:
Medaforcer said:

actually, unless he's using a deck that has Poke-Bodies...with the advent of SP Energy, Dialga G is very viable as a tech in a non-SP deck...as is Toxicroak G, but that would be a less viable tech considering ToxicG is really only meant as a buffer for SP decks

SP energy isn't really something new because multi and rainbow have existed. I just feel like they might hinder a deck to properly use them. SPs become slow without gains and those take up even more space. Of course, Dialga G can just simply be a bench sitter tech.

If you have no bodies and think you can pull off dialga g, then it stops the bodies of both Nidoqueen and Machamp Lv. X. Without the extra damage Machamp can't pull off its quick decisive kills as well.

prophet1986 said:
kingzel.

Any idea what a sure fire anti mothergengar tech would be?

Unown G would stop the whole dying from non-damage attacks thing.

As for fainting spell, you'd need to stop the power just before killing it. I... don't think anything does that.

I think anything else will slow down kingdra's super speed. Just cross your fingers.

Medaforcer said:
prophet1986 said:
kingzel.

As for fainting spell, you'd need to stop the power just before killing it. I... don't think anything does that.

I think anything else will slow down kingdra's super speed. Just cross your fingers.

i was thinking more along the lines of the nidoqueen

prophet1986 said:
Medaforcer said:
prophet1986 said:
kingzel.

I was thinking more along the lines of the nidoqueen

The only body stopper I know of is Dialga G lv. X. I feel like that would be super slow. Other than that you can just attack gengar twice with plus powers.

Glaceon x stops poke-powers with its body every turn which is great but then dialga x stops bodies. So idk which one is better...

prophet1986 said:
Medaforcer said:
prophet1986 said:
kingzel.

I was thinking more along the lines of the nidoqueen

IMO, the best way to defeat both MotherGar and Speedrill would be to tech in a 1-0-1 line of the DP Dusknoir. One of the people I know does that and it works like a charm. Especialy when you use Poke Drawer +.

Toolbox counters all the decks above due to weakness. But it really depends on how teched out your toolbox is!

turtwig GL - kingdra
houndoom G - beedrill
weavile G - mother gengar
palkia G/golem GL - luxape
toxicroak G/skuntank G - machamp

Dialga G + Unown G + Toxicroak G Promo Counters all five decks surprisingly.

dmaster out.

#1weavile said:
Toolbox counters all the decks above due to weakness. But it really depends on how teched out your toolbox is!

turtwig GL - kingdra
houndoom G - beedrill
weavile G - mother gengar
palkia G/golem GL - luxape
toxicroak G/skuntank G - machamp

well, you know what i play to counter it all;)

the best counter is playing one of them.

or for next format, maybe gengar?

Weavile isn't really that much a mother Gengar counter ya know?

Legos w/ Promo Toxicroak G is epic against LuxApe.

To beat Speedrill and Mother Gengar I will probably tech in a 1-0-1 Dusknoir, but for Kingdra I'll just have to keep looking through some of the sets LOL!

Slickdc said:
I see Luxray GL/Lucario GL as a great kingdra killer.

this one while is a no brain electric = kingdras death.

at the meta were i am a guy runs this. but fails running luxray and loses everytime to me. WITH both out.

lol why dont you guys listen! toolbox with lots of techs kill these major decks! A single turtwig GL wrecks a kingdra deck!

Tool Box still has one MAJOR WEAKNESS which is Machamp, but if I do need to run Machamp I need to find a card that discards Pokemon Tools.....

Back