Tera Dragonite ex and Tera Greedent ex from “ex Starter Decks” Revealed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Dragonite ex and Greedent ex will headline the two secret decks releasing for July 7th’s “ex Starter Decks!” They are both Tera Pokemon ex.

modal-9-card-2-143x200.png

modal-10-card-2-143x200.png

As posted before, there will be eight “ex Starter Decks” featuring Decidueye ex, Victini ex, Greninja ex, Miraidon ex, Clefable ex, Koraidon ex, Houndoom ex, and Melmetal ex.

EX-Starter-Decks-300x173.jpg

A “Random ex Starter Deck” will also release containing one of the eight decks at random, including two additional secret decks featuring Dragonite ex and Greedent ex. Thus their two decks can only be pulled from the “Random ex Starter Deck” product; they won’t be...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite ex (Dragon) - thanks to whoever DM me on the Dragonair, it seems the ones were accurate. Nice try, more of these please! Onto Dragonite, it seems bad for a Stage 2. Most of the time you do 140, which is bad considering you want to wipe out a 2-prized as soon as possible. 2/2/2
Skwovet/Greedent ex (Normal) - it should be good as a Basic. 2/2-3

You know what I will review on Stoutland and Drampa, and I don't need to say it

Between Dragonite VSTAR and now this, oof... at least the first Dragonite V is good...
Seriously why is Dragonite V better than the VSTAR and the ex? I was really excited to see what this card would do and see if it could go in a deck with the V but that is not the case this card is just bad. Sure 280 damage is good but hope consistently are you going to do that much? You can't rely on it. Why do ex's seem to be worse than V's? Only a few are actually good. Very disappointed in this.

Seriously why is Dragonite V better than the VSTAR and the ex? I was really excited to see what this card would do and see if it could go in a deck with the V but that is not the case this card is just bad. Sure 280 damage is good but hope consistently are you going to do that much? You can't rely on it. Why do ex's seem to be worse than V's? Only a few are actually good. Very disappointed in this.
I honestly think they only care about giving nostalgiabait Pokemon cards, but could by care less about the quality. I mean, just look at the community's reaction to Tera Charizard. We so rarely get actually good gen 1 cards that we've become accustomed to reacting differently when they're ACTUALLY good. This especially goes for some mons like Mew and Snorlax, who they put in every 2-3 sets because they know people will hunt for them. There's a reason Sword and Shield base set had GMAX Lapras and Snorlax on the pack arts..despite neither of them being important to Sword and Shield. They know what they're doing.

Dragonite ex: Not good and low damage for a Stage 2, unless you flip Heads. But if you wanna play a better Dragonite card, Dragonite V is so much better.

Greedent ex: Meh, nothing really to get excited about, just 210 damage for 3 energy 190 if using DTE, but then again it can only use it once, then can't use it the next turn.

Drampa: Nothing exciting really, just another Outrage attacker

Stoutland: Only decent against Pokemon with high retreat costs.

Overall, nothing really good in this reveal, disappointing, i wish the Dragonite was better than this.

Dragonite ex: Not good and low damage for a Stage 2, unless you flip Heads. But if you wanna play a better Dragonite card, Dragonite V is so much better.

Greedent ex: Meh, nothing really to get excited about, just 210 damage for 3 energy 190 if using DTE, but then again it can only use it once, then can't use it the next turn.

Drampa: Nothing exciting really, just another Outrage attacker

Stoutland: Only decent against Pokemon with high retreat costs.

Overall, nothing really good in this reveal, disappointing, i wish the Dragonite was better than this.
I wish Drampa was in Scarlet or Violet so he could've gotten a Tera card. Poor guy : (

Dragonite ex is subpar. Why does it seem like cards are getting worse? Is it because of the power creep complaints? Why is the ex and VSTAR cards worse than the V? They both should've been really good cards and yet both are bad why?
These I can kinda understand because their are simple. I think its a TERRIBLE excuse, (if you want to teach the game game to newbies you want them to play real pokémon.) And the power level is slowly going up. Also if it goes down; I'm not complaining.

My apologies. I meant to say, how have they not quit using 5ban for the talented artists? 5ban should rename themselves to 5bland
For the obvious reason: it's cheaper to use the internal team than to commission other artists. Saving money here and there allows them to spend it elsewhere, like on the amazing Illustration Rare and Special Illustration Rare cards.

It's also worth noting that 5ban doesn't lack talent. They have it. They aren't paid to produce fine art. They're paid to create something quick and cheap that's serviceable, which they do.

Last edited:
Dragonite ex is subpar. Why does it seem like cards are getting worse? Is it because of the power creep complaints? Why is the ex and VSTAR cards worse than the V? They both should've been really good cards and yet both are bad why?
These are cards for Japanese starter decks. Maybe half a step up from our old Theme Decks or the current ex Battle Decks. The cards suck intentionally. They're meant to be basic cards with simpler designs mechanically so that new people can learn the basics of the game.

Ah yes, welcome to another new episode of "Why is a card from a starter deck intended to be easily used and simple for fresh players bad?"
if you want to teach the game game to newbies you want them to play real pokémon.
You do NOT want to do that. Maybe if the newbie has experience in other TCGs, but in general, assuming that this is their first rodeo in card games, just the basic rules of the game can be very overwhelming to them, especially if they are kids. Giving them Lost Box, or even Lugia VStar (of which I think one of the 'simpler' meta decks currently) is a great way to make new players confused, stunned, and swearing to never touch the game again.

Ah yes, welcome to another new episode of "Why is a card from a starter deck intended to be easily used and simple for fresh players bad?"

You do NOT want to do that. Maybe if the newbie has experience in other TCGs, but in general, assuming that this is their first rodeo in card games, just the basic rules of the game can be very overwhelming to them, especially if they are kids. Giving them Lost Box, or even Lugia VStar (of which I think one of the 'simpler' meta decks currently) is a great way to make new players confused, stunned, and swearing to never touch the game again.
That fair, I think I poorly word that by my intentions were more like that Meowscarada & Quaquaval decks, they aren't giga lecel intellectual but they have genuine though put into them. I was helping 2 friends recently into the game and they still learnt more from complicated deck such as Meowscarada/Quaquaval than linear boring cards.

That fair, I think I poorly word that by my intentions were more like that Meowscarada & Quaquaval decks, they aren't giga lecel intellectual but they have genuine though put into them. I was helping 2 friends recently into the game and they still learnt more from complicated deck such as Meowscarada/Quaquaval than linear boring cards.
True. I think the differences stem from the fact that these are entirely two different products. The starter... starter decks are tailor-made lists intended to showcase the TCG mechanics AND the poster pokemon. This one is part of a randomly distributed decklists, and a secret list at that.

Back