Tera Flygon ex, Archaludon ex, and More from “Paradise Dragona” Revealed at Worlds!

Said it in discord but will say it again here. Making Latias and Latios a joint art here is such an oddity. One is an EX, one not, their binder positions will be borked and have different texturing etc. That Exeggcute is amazing though!

The alt arts look fantastic.

Not at all keen on Flygon ex. The clunkiness of the second attack doesn't make that worth it, and the one positive I can give it is that it is probably the easiest to set up of all the hit-and-run ex's we have right now (Golisopod, Revaroom, and to the same effect Alakazam). We'll probably see the old song and dance of tossing it together with stuff like Klefki and Mimikyu, just that it is better than Alakazam by a country mile.

The Trapinch is really good if you don't hit Drago, though. That's a good basic attack.

Archaludon setting up metal is neat, but we already have Metang. Sure guaranteed energy is always great, but it's a 2-prize liability regardless of making it not weak to fire, and it might not be fit for the deck you want to set up metal energy on, like Dialga and Heatran. The attack does not feel much to write home about right now. Wouldn't be surprised if we eventually find a deck that runs this, but it doesn't feel anywhere as strong as Metang right now.

Smoochum fits the same bill as Joltik, just that it sets up less energy overall. Still, doing that for 0 energy is wild, and I would have to imagine insane in Psychic GLC.

Counter Gain was my most requested card to come back and I am glad it is back.

Surfer is a weaker Bird Keeper, but I'm just happy to see Bird Keeper back at all.

As of now Megaton Blower is probably way too specific a use case to make it your dedicated Ace Spec. You get a one-up on Lugia if they set up and insane amount of energy. Only use case I can see that for is Control vs Lugia if you also pack Handheld Fan.

For a set called paradise dragona, Im not seeing a lot of dragon Pokemon. I would have liked many of the dragon type Pokemon here to have the actual dragon type
I mean they can't just make a set be ask the same type. I actually like that most aren't. Of course I would prefer them be a little better. None of the Pokémon revealed so far seem very game changing

So glad I stockpiled my old Counter Gains, I had a feeling it would get reprinted.
They suck. I can't think of many decks where the card would be relevant. Only like terapagos (which has a better energy accel engine bulit inalready anyway), everything else remotely playable already has built in energy accel. Stuff like blissey or arc piles are not better off with this.

So i don't see why stockpiling them is interesting or good, they won't be high in demand we have much better cards to give the slot to

On the other stuff, that archaludon is really good. The gholdengho is an ok single prizer for gholdengo ex, it still needs energy accel tho, otherwise it is useless, maybe gholdengo/archaludon.

Ace spec is ok. Surfer is w/e.

The supporter searcher is huge tho, it seems to me we are not getting lumineon v back

I mean they can't just make a set be ask the same type. I actually like that most aren't. Of course I would prefer them be a little better. None of the Pokémon revealed so far seem very game changing
That is true, and I agree but at the same time, I seriously wanted a dragon type archaludon ex. Now the whole set hasn't been revealed but I really want to see more dragon Pokemon. Maybe even a hydreigon or haxorus ex

That is true, and I agree but at the same time, I seriously wanted a dragon type archaludon ex. Now the whole set hasn't been revealed but I really want to see more dragon Pokemon. Maybe even a hydreigon or haxorus ex
According to the numbering so far, Haxorus and Hydreigon are both on the table. I very much want to see Haxorus finally get a rule box card.

Back