BW/BW2 The Black 2 & White 2 Launch thread

RE: Black 2 & White 2 Pre-launch thread

The deals are starting to come in now. Just checked the new Toys"R"Us store ad. And it says on the very last page thatt if you buy Black 2 or White 2 you get 70% off any video game or Pokemon item priced $19.99 and under. You also get a Black and White Collectible coin.
I find anymore I was post immediately!

Anyone see the hilarity of the K-Mart ad?

Anyway, anyone know what the Toys R Us coins look like yet? :p

Was thinking of getting it at Target at 8:00, but I might till the afternoon (lunch break) to get the games at Toys R Us...

Teeboy23 said:
The deals are starting to come in now. Just checked the new Toys"R"Us store ad. And it says on the very last page thatt if you buy Black 2 or White 2 you get 70% off any video game or Pokemon item priced $19.99 and under. You also get a Black and White Collectible coin.

That would've been helpful to know earlier.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but GameStop's pre-order bonus (at least in my area) was a half guide/comic book-esque magazine thing. It's fairly short, and the comic book sections are just the animated B2W2 anime short turned into a comic. The "guide" sections just list some details about the games and characters within them.

Teeboy23 said:

Just went by and picked up White 2, and got a Fall Tin for 6 bucks. The coins are also quite nice and heavy, not what I was expecting at all. The coins come in a plastic transparent case, and are are suspended in a black sponge thing. On the front of the coin is Black/White Kyurem (depending on the game you get) and the back has the game logo. I asked the tenant if you could buy them separately, but unfortunately you cannot.

The coins last until they run out, and the 70% deal off lasts until the 13th. (at least where I am)

Asrialys said:
Anyone see the hilarity of the K-Mart ad?

Oh that's golden.

Bolt the Cat said:
Teeboy23 said:

The 70% off thing would have been completely unknown until the ad came around, thereabouts.

So since HGSS, I've been trying to be the first person within like 40 miles to have a new Pokemon game. GameStop opens earliest at 11 A.M. on Sundays, though many know it's 9 for Pokemon game days. I was fully expecting to show up 15 minutes before 9 to beat the college kids that were before me in line for BW, but when I went to preorder a few days ago, the dude said there were going to open at 10; he even checked a printout. So I show up near 10 today, waiting, waiting, watching out for anyone else in case I needed to jump out of the car to secure my place in line. Someone and his kid finally show up a few minutes before 10, and so when I jumped out and went, I thought we'd be waiting for the dude inside to unlock the door. And then the guy who just showed up reaches out... and opens the door. I sneaked in front of them and got to the register first. Satisfied, I nearly left, but then I asked if they did indeed open at 10. "Oh, no, it was 9. Yeah, that guy who told you must have been wrong."

Ah, one of these times.

That guy must have told others, because at 10-on-the-dot, someone else showed up and went in. Coincidentally, both employees were named Joshua...

Slept in about an hour but luckily they had 4 more coins left. Here's how they look like if anyone is curious.

DSCF4273.jpg

DSCF4275.jpg

Picked up my games at Toys"R"Us this morning when they opened. Got the coins too. Also, bought a Dragons Exalted booster pack for a $1.50! That was an awesome deal! Toys"R"Us pulls off the best deal for Pokemon games on launch day again.
HNI_0022.jpg

Closer look at the coins
HNI_0025.jpg

After I left Toys"R"Us, I went to McDonald's for breakfast. Then I went home, took these pictures and unwrapped the games and coins. I started White 2. (I have both Black and White, but White was my main game file.) I also bought Black 2. Then I went to the library and downloaded Pokemon Dream Radar and Genesect. Now I was just leveling up my Oshawott, now on Route 19, about to start catching Pokemon to get all my Pokemon from White.

HNI_0027.jpg

HNI_0065.jpg

HNI_0068.jpg

HNI_0069.jpg

HNI_0076.jpg

HNI_0079.jpg

Bolt the Cat said:
Teeboy23 said:

I just found out in their ad. This was previously unknown before midnight.

Back