The Capcom Fighting Game Thread!

mmk, this was originally supposed to be a clan (luigibuster was supposed to be Co-Leader), but then clans were shishkebobed and no more clans. So now it is a normal thread, and it is to discuss Capcom fighting games, such as Street Fighter 4, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and the like. Which characters need a nerf? Which need a buff? What's your team, and how does it work? Competitive or casual, post it all here!

Take out Rules, add in Gamertag Section. Winning. Ish.

Xbox 360 Gamertags

[member]Mizublue[/member] - Mizublue

PS3 Gamertags

[mod]Daft Punk[/mod] - FrostDragonX

[member]Cena[/member] - pt_Cena

3DS Gamertags/FCs

nobody yet

Wii Gamertags/FCs

nobody yet​

Anyways, I'm debating whether to turn this into "The Fighting Game Thread" to include stuff like Tekken and Blazblue, but since those aren't really popular and it would be hard to have six different discussions about six different games at the same time, it's called the Capcom Fighting Game Thread (unless at least three people want me to change it). Run on sentence-ish thing ftw.

Without further ado, let's get the discussion started!

What do you think of everyone's alternate costumes, particularly Zero's?

I think it's great, although it kills any chance of X himself being in the game (Classic Mega is still a possibility, though). It would've been fun to have X and Zero on the same team, but I don't think I could find the room (I can't seem to play any other characters besides Zero, Amaterasu, and Dormammu, I got too attached to them lol). I'm probably going to be using it a lot, and so will a lot of other people... Capcom's going to make a lot of money off that costume pack. Them and their money making schemes, makes me sadface :<

321gokthxbai

what game are you talking about?

I and my friend play umvc3. we're casual players so we don't have any set team, just divvy up the roster and go at it.

Also mega man isn't going to be included because zero has more flexibility in his moves (a shame because I do like me some mega man).

UMvC3 - Amaterasu, Firebrand, Doctor Doom. <3
Just rushdown. I've yet to get enough pressure to be considered even a decent player. Not having an arcade stick hurts too.

PMJ said:
what game are you talking about?

It's a UMVC3 alternate costume for Zero, the Megaman X one. You have to buy it from the Xbox Live Store.

It seems most of the discussion will be Marvel vs. Capcom (if this thread gets any), but whatever, I kind of expected that. It's far more popular than SSF4.

Oh, I might as well post my Marvel team and how it works. I'm probably more competitive than most people here (I have a fightstick too).

Main Team:

Zero: My point character. With his multi-hitting moves, he builds A TON of meter for my anchor, Dormammu, to burn (literally). He also doesn't need the meter himself to do any serious damage, which is a colossal plus. And as if he didn't have enough synergy with Dormammu already, Dormammu bombs everything from far away while Zero is the up close and extremely personal type, allowing them to check (Pokemon terms yay) most of the viable characters in the game. However, this can only happen if Zero lives that long. Which doesn't happen all the time due to his bad health.

As an aside, can't stand facing She Hulks.

Next, Amaterasu. She's a jack-of-all-trades, making her perfect for the middle spot. Her three weapons can fit in any situation, and she's got an excellent Level 1 Hyper. Another reason I use her (besides me loving Okami) is because of her Assist, Bloom. It builds even more meter for Dormammu to burn, which is helpful beyond words. Sometimes, I keep her around so Dormy can build meter while grilling hamburgers. kehehehehe.

Finally, my best character and anchor, Dormammu. This guy is a beast. A beast with his head eternally on fire. Which is awwwesooommeee... but on to the strategy. BURN EVERYTHING WITH STALKER FLARE TELEPORT MIX-UP CHAOTIC FLAME. The end.

Yeah, that pretty much wraps my team up. I'm going to make one with Strider, 'cuz he's just that awesome. DNA has competition for the best ninja ever

Your team is similar to mine in terms of play style, Zyflair. I like it :0

Well, I use Cold Star over Bloom simply because Firebrand's Bon Voyage does the meter building for me. And seriously, how does Amaterasu NOT build meter with all of those H's? Also, Cold Star + Tide of Terror + Luminous Body = Ridiculous Blockstring + Massive Chip.

I keep forgetting to use assists.

His name is Hiryu. :| Strider is his title.

welp my friend's ps3 just got stolen so I won't be posting in this thread anymore!

get what fixed

it got stolen

it's not there anymore

Well that's gonna take like what, $300 because umvc3 was inside it when it was stolen. plus we had jill/shuma so that's another eight?

I take paypal :)

^I lol'd.

Cold Star DOES build meter, but I Iike getting meter the easy way. And I learned how to protect Ammy during the assist, so yep.

and pmj you took away the bot i liked him :mad:

Mizublue said:
"The Fighting Game Thread" to include stuff like Tekken and Blazblue, but since those aren't really popular...

I'm sorry, just found that a bit odd, as a lot of other fighting games have huge followings. We're in the golden age of fighting games. Tekken (6 and Tag Tournament 2), Blazblue CS2, Soulcalibur V, KoF XIII, Skulgirls, the Cross games, My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic, Brawl. Yes, Capcom fighters are the most popular, but that's not to say that the others aren't popular.

Just my two cents.

On topic, I played UMvC3 at PAX, and only had access to a few characters. I loved Nemesis. :D

Welp, that's one person who wants it changed. Three people'll get it changed, because it's not like you can discuss a game by yourself. And I think we have a Brawl thread somewhere (once it gets competitive, though, Meta Knight comes to mind).

And btw, no chance you can discuss an MLP game in this thread, though. That's probably the only thing lol.

Oh, one more thing. If you tell me your gamertag, I can add it to the first post or if you're a mod, add your own.

Mizublue said:
Welp, that's one person who wants it changed. Three people'll get it changed, because it's not like you can discuss a game by yourself. And I think we have a Brawl thread somewhere (once it gets competitive, though, Meta Knight comes to mind).

And btw, no chance you can discuss an MLP game in this thread, though. That's probably the only thing lol.

Oh, one more thing. If you tell me your gamertag, I can add it to the first post or if you're a mod, add your own.
What if we get three people? :)

PMJ said:
What if we get three people? :)

Then I change the thread to The Fighting Game thread. Excluding the MLP game. But I think a Brawl Thread already exists, somewhere, and it (surprisingly) died. I still don't know how we're going to discuss that many games at the same time though, I guess we'll just let it rock and see what happens.

The only non-Capcom fighting game I'm even remotely interested in is BlazBlue, and I'm kinda scared to play that ._.

Oh, yeah, I suppose I should add a section for 3DS Street Fighter FCs too, shouldn't I...

Having only Nintendo systems hurts in the fighting game department, but I have Tatsunoko V.S Capcom and Super Street Fighter 4 on my 3DS. I'm only casual though. I main Cody in SSF4, but I don't have any set characters I use in TV.SC.

Soulcalibur's my current poison. (If you couldn't tell from my avatar. If you really couldn't shame on you.) Playing IV in anticipation for V. pt_Cena is my PSN name. (I might dabble in UMvC3 and Super Street Fighter IV as well, depending if I get either). In case you're wondering, my Soulcalibur IV mains are Amy and Sophitia, with Cassandra, Nightmare, and Astaroth as my alts. My SCV planned mains are Viola, Ezio, Phyrra, and Patroklos, and I might dabble in Astaroth and Nighrmare again.

Sorry, for the late bump, but I'd just like to check on this thread to see if updates will be done anytime soon, I enjoy a lot of fighting games and it would be nice to play some matches with people I know (to a certain degree) and discuss strategies for them. And on the topic of including brawl to this thread's discussion, that would be great. Welcome any and all fighting games. I'd also like to say that my MVC3 team is doing pretty well for a fanboy one, it consisting of Spidy, Zero, and Nemesis. How about everyone post their teams they're using/experimenting with (in whatever game you'd like)? And regarding Cena's post, I'm also anticipating SCV, but I'll just miss Darth Vader too much to put a lot of effort into it. XD

Back