Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

signofzeta said:
Artemis said:
What exactly is the "Deluxe" version you guys are talking about? Maybe I'm just out of the loop when it comes to English releases, but the only Starter Decks I see listed on website or anything are the same ones that WPM had an article on back in August. The Ebay link above is for the Japanese beginner set, which is a completely different thing. So what are the Deluxe decks, then?

Regular Version costs $12 and does not come with a booster pack. Only the Stage 2 of the starter is holo.

Deluxe Version costs $15 and comes with 1 booster pack. One of each of the Basic, Stage 1, and Stage 2 of the starter is holo.

Ah, huh, thanks for the links. Definitely haven't seen the "regular" one online anywhere at all. Production issues or something perhaps.

For what it's worth, here in the Netherlands I haven't seen any of these available yet (regular or deluxe), though I haven't really been searching, just checking out the selection whenever I'm in a toy store or so.

Artemis said:
signofzeta said:
Regular Version costs $12 and does not come with a booster pack. Only the Stage 2 of the starter is holo.

Deluxe Version costs $15 and comes with 1 booster pack. One of each of the Basic, Stage 1, and Stage 2 of the starter is holo.

Ah, huh, thanks for the links. Definitely haven't seen the "regular" one online anywhere at all. Production issues or something perhaps.

For what it's worth, here in the Netherlands I haven't seen any of these available yet (regular or deluxe), though I haven't really been searching, just checking out the selection whenever I'm in a toy store or so.

Oddly enough, I found some images of the regular version at a dutch online retailer site, about a month or so before everybody else had access to the images of the regular version. The image of the deluxe version in the dutch site had the energy symbols on them, except for the fairy symbol, which is shaded or blurred off, while the first images of the deluxe version you saw didn't have these energy symbols. As a matter of fact, the images on the dutch site is more accurate to what the actual product packaging is, although the cover cards were turned around just to not spoil the cards.

Probably was a specialty shop like Spellenhuis. In fact, looking at their website now shows them both (and also the Legendary Treasures 3-pack which apparently comes with a Mew promo?! Must get!) Sadly, I don't have any like that nearby and have to rely on toy stores. :<

Artemis said:
Probably was a specialty shop like Spellenhuis. In fact, looking at their website now shows them both (and also the Legendary Treasures 3-pack which apparently comes with a Mew promo?! Must get!) Sadly, I don't have any like that nearby and have to rely on toy stores. :<

I found the actual product scans of the regular and deluxe versions at Spellendiscounter during early September.

Hope this is the right place to put this haha. If not, someone let me know. As I stated, I ended up finding the Fennekin Deck set at Target today. It comes with a "Fennekin Deck" that contains cards from the Beginning Set DX card group, a play mat, card counters, a coin (it has Fennekin on it), a pack of Legendary Treasuress and Fennekin/Braixen/Delhox cards that are also in the BSDX set.
Unlike that one, the cards don't have the little start silhouettes on them, but they do actually use those in the little "Changes to the card game" insert that also comes with it.
Some of the names of the moves are different than to what WPM has in this post
-Braixen's "Cinder" move in English was translated to "Firebreathing"
-Furfrou's "Glaring Bite" move was translated to "Tight Jaw"
Delphox's is correct.

I'll be updating this post once my pictures finally upload.
EDIT: Ah here we go
[Front of 'Changes' Insert] [Back of 'Changes' Insert with Deck listings]
74zIY72.jpg

Front of the packaging.
9yyxwAg.jpg

Backside
CuFXSUz.jpg

Closeup of the Deck list
Ghi6fjz.jpg

Coin, deck box, TCGO code and Legendary Treasures pack
G5vwmu2.jpg

Fennekin confirmed for best starter.

I picked up all 3 deluxes and Sylveon Collection.

spyroflame0487 said:
Hope this is the right place to put this haha. If not, someone let me know. As I stated, I ended up finding the Fennekin Deck set at Target today. It comes with a "Fennekin Deck" that contains cards from the Beginning Set DX card group, a play mat, card counters, a coin (it has Fennekin on it), a pack of Legendary Treasuress and Fennekin/Braixen/Delhox cards that are also in the BSDX set.
Unlike that one, the cards don't have the little start silhouettes on them, but they do actually use those in the little "Changes to the card game" insert that also comes with it.
Some of the names of the moves are different than to what WPM has in this post
-Braixen's "Cinder" move in English was translated to "Firebreathing"
-Furfrou's "Glaring Bite" move was translated to "Tight Jaw"
Delphox's is correct.

I'll be updating this post once my pictures finally upload.
EDIT: Ah here we go
[Front of 'Changes' Insert] [Back of 'Changes' Insert with Deck listings]
74zIY72.jpg

Front of the packaging.
9yyxwAg.jpg

Backside
CuFXSUz.jpg

Closeup of the Deck list
Ghi6fjz.jpg

Coin, deck box, TCGO code and Legendary Treasures pack
G5vwmu2.jpg

Fennekin confirmed for best starter.

Do you remember seeing a fennekin deck in a different kind of packaging at target, or was that all you saw?

signofzeta said:
Do you remember seeing a fennekin deck in a different kind of packaging at target, or was that all you saw?

You mean this one right?
V3xkWVI.jpg

Unfortunately no, or else I would have got that one haha. I was planning on getting that but the "deluxe" one was a complete surprise to me since I hadn't heard of it coming out.

Other than that, they had the Froakie Deluxe one, but I didn't see the Chespin one.

spyroflame0487 said:
signofzeta said:

You mean this one right?
V3xkWVI.jpg

Unfortunately no, or else I would have got that one haha. I was planning on getting that but the "deluxe" one was a complete surprise to me since I hadn't heard of it coming out.

Other than that, they had the Froakie Deluxe one, but I didn't see the Chespin one.

I also checked a lot of Canadian and American distributor websites and they seem to only have the deluxe version. It seems for now, the regular version is a Europe only thing.

pokemon cards with trainers

So I want to buy some cards that have a trainer "attached" to it.
For instance this Nidoking and Charizard:
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p149071.html
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p279346.html

but what sets can I find these cards?

I know I can do some research, but I thought I could ask around her first xD

/ Adam

RE: pokemon cards with trainers

For Generation I cards, Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge had "Trainer's Pokémon."

Your only option in Generation II was the Japan-only Pokémon-VS. Often expensive and hard to complete the set.

Gen III had promos here and there, but I don't believe there were any full sets of owned Pokémon (save for the evil team sets...Magma Vs Aqua and Team Rocket Returns). There were "Holon's Pokémon," which weren't owned Pokémon, but rather a gimmick for artificial Pokémon (think Voltorb, Castform, etc) which allowed you attach them to other Pokémon in play and use them as Special Energy cards.

Gen IV had "Pokémon-SP," which included Pokémon-G (Galactic's Pokémon), Pokémon-GL (Gym Leader's Pokémon), Pokémon-4 (Elite 4's Pokémon), Pokémon-FB (Frontier Brain's Pokémon), and Pokémon-C (Champion's Pokémon)...these were split between the Platinum sets (Platinum, Rising Rivals, Supreme Victors, and Arceus).

While not really owned/trainer Pokémon, I'm sure you're aware of the Plasma Pokémon in Gen V sets, too.

Gen III also offers Team Magma and Team Aqua Pokémon. They have some unique artwork.

Maybe someone here can help. For japanese booster boxes, if you buy them on the first day you are supposed to receive a promo card with it. Pretty much every retailer in japan hands them out. I have been ordering boxes from amiami, but they never include the promo even if you preorder. Does anyone know a site that does, as I'm trying not to fall behind on XY promos this time.

I did get booster box promo cards from AmiAmi for Plasma Gale, but I have never received any others from them (been ordering boxes from AmiAmi since BW3). I wonder if they only get so many promos and just include them with preorders on a first-come-first-serve basis? Just speculating.

I've never heard of anyone getting them from Amiami outside of Plasma Gale, and I myself usually preorder close to when they put them up.

I always figured they just weren't send them due to the main customer of the site being adults into anime figures, and they don't need the promos made to get kids to buy a whole box at once.

Furn said:
I've never heard of anyone getting them from Amiami outside of Plasma Gale, and I myself usually preorder close to when they put them up.

I always figured they just weren't send them due to the main customer of the site being adults into anime figures, and they don't need the promos made to get kids to buy a whole box at once.

Maybe if we all write in the notes on our next preorder to please include the box promo if at all possible they will start to do so. Someone should get that written up in Japanese, or I can later if no one else is fluent.

I haven't touched Japanese in so long I'm even starting to forget my kana, but if such a note were written, I would be happy to include it in my next preorder. It certainly can't hurt.

NarcoticHobo said:
Furn said:

Maybe if we all write in the notes on our next preorder to please include the box promo if at all possible they will start to do so. Someone should get that written up in Japanese, or I can later if no one else is fluent.

箱のプロモーションを含めてください場合、すべての可能で、

That is from Google translate

What do you do with extra cards?

I've recently just got into the TCG, and I have piles of commons/uncommons. Do you guys try to sell them in bulk, group evolutions/types together and sell them, or something completely different? Or would I just be better off keeping them?

Does anyone know how many different Nintendo 3DS Pokémon X, Pokémon X postcards there are?

Back