Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

i hope its wrong but would explain why no 3 pack blisters here since Plasma Storm =/

The-Kaiser said:
i hope its wrong but would explain why no 3 pack blisters here since Plasma Storm =/

The Ampharos, and Electrode blisters have small coins.

Oh well since boundries crossed then as i got those 2 from walmart :)

I wonder if the safety requirements changed right around that most last released set and that's why they stopped around then; they could be still trying to get rid of an excess of old coins by giving them away in these packs. At least the mystery is solved about why the new ones aren't coming out in the States, even if it's a very dumb reason.

That is not the reason. If it is, why is it okay to release Legendary Treasures single with small coin?

All I know is that the landorus promo people are asking $30+ for which is ludicrous considering it is included in a $13 pack. TCGi needs to be more consistent with their promo releases, you would think they would have learned from their past mistakes.

omahanime said:
That is not the reason. If it is, why is it okay to release Legendary Treasures single with small coin?

I guess that's what I get from taking BulbaNews at face value; if the single packs really are released with the same size coin, that invalidates the argument, but I can't seem to find anything aside from single packs, starter decks, and old tins here, so I can't check for myself.

Well hopefully there wrong and be released here if not guess i'll have to wait for ebay or some UK site to have them

Athena said:
Riraito said:
I recently got the idea to buy a Pokémon plushie. The Entei ones looked a little weird, and compared to some of the plushies from Pokévault they're very cheap.
So I think at least 50% of the plushies on Ebay are fake, which is sad. Umbreon plushies for $8,00 and free shipping from Hongkong? Ehm, no. I heard fake plushies can have lead in them so I'm not risking anything, also because I won't buy anything fake.
But some on Ebay look very real, but most fake Umbreons have weird ears and no tags which shows they're fake.

But I've concluded that real plushies are too expensive for me, so I probably won't be getting any at all :c
Unless someone knows some cheaper ones?

Best source I've found for plushes is conventions, but that was back when I lived in the States. I dunno about the state of conventions over here, and it certainly wouldn't be worth going to one just to get into the dealer's room and score some plushes, but it's a nice perk if there happens to be one you'd like to attend anyway.

Legitimate plushes are expensive (and, yeah, you can pretty much write off any Ebay plsuh coming from Hong Kong as counterfeit), especially outside of Japan. I plan on making a killing on UFO plushes when I manage to make my way out there, since I'm very good at the UFO machines (and also humble). They're a very nice quality, though, so if there's one you're particularly interested in, it's not something bad to save up for. PokéVault is a very trustworthy site to order from, much more so than Ebay. People who legitimately look for, buy, and collect the plushes might be able to give you more advice, I'm more of an incidental collector.

eBay tends to have a lot of bootlegs unfortunately. And I've actually heard accounts of people selling bootleg plush at cons, and not realizing it. A lot of the bootlegs these days, espeically of popular plush like Pokedolls for example, can almost be passed off as legitimate to the untrained eye.

I reccommend sites like Pokevault, Sunyshore, and the pkmncollectors community. The people that run those sites buy directly from the Pokemon Center (or in the community's case, sell legitimate items from their extensive collection/s) so you know what you're getting will be great quality and legitimate.

PS: Pokevault has inflated prices, compared to what the items are actually worth. Sunyshore is better price wise. Just a tip.

I actually just received an Entei plush yesterday, and it's real.

Thanks for the sites, I did know about Pokévault but the second one is a lot cheaper. If I ever have more money to spare I'll take a look there ^^

The-Kaiser said:
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Additional_pair_of_XY_Promo_Blisters_released

so cus the coin size is too small is why these Blisters arnt released here!!!? >.(\

someone please tell me the best place online to get this since it wont be released here in the USA cus of the coin size.

It could be the plastic used, not the size. We never got the Kalos here boxes because the figures were made with EU regulation breaking PVC. The coins could have something that's banned in the US.

Riraito said:
I actually just received an Entei plush yesterday, and it's real.

Thanks for the sites, I did know about Pokévault but the second one is a lot cheaper. If I ever have more money to spare I'll take a look there ^^

No problem! Pokevault and Sunyshore are both great stores regardless of the prices. I've bought from both and have been really satisfied. :)

Furn said:
The-Kaiser said:
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Additional_pair_of_XY_Promo_Blisters_released

so cus the coin size is too small is why these Blisters arnt released here!!!? >.(\

someone please tell me the best place online to get this since it wont be released here in the USA cus of the coin size.

It could be the plastic used, not the size. We never got the Kalos here boxes because the figures were made with EU regulation breaking PVC. The coins could have something that's banned in the US.

I suppose thats possible i just wish theyed say something bout it on thier site =/

The-Kaiser said:
Furn said:

I suppose thats possible i just wish theyed say something bout it on thier site =/

The plastic seems to be same between small and large coins.

Does anyone know more about these deck boxes?

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/adrianganteng/IMG-20120724-WA0002.jpg
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/misty_kasumi/JPN%20Deck%20Boxes/RevivedLegend.jpg

I know they're long out of production, but since I'm a big Entei fan I'd like to have one (or both) of them. I can't find them for sale anywhere though.

Riraito said:
Does anyone know more about these deck boxes?

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/misty_kasumi/JPN%20Deck%20Boxes/RevivedLegend.jpg

I know they're long out of production, but since I'm a big Entei fan I'd like to have one (or both) of them. I can't find them for sale anywhere though.

The first one was part of a promo set in Pokémon Centers in Japan in 2010. The same artwork was used on a few different products. The other one is also obviously a Pokémon Center product, but I'm not sure when it was released; the link references Revived Legends which was a TCG release in 2010 in Japan, so probably around the same time.

Wish I could help you more specifically, but those out-of-print Pokémon Center items can be hard to find. ^^; Checking Ebay occasionally may be your best best, or maybe Y!J.

I must be very lucky, because I just won an auction for the Revived Legends one. I have no idea of the price I paid was right, there is hardly any info on these.

So I'm still looking for this one:

Thanks for the info Athena :3

Unusual pokemon card - Any idea what it is??

Hello,

I came here to see if anyone knew what this pokemon card is (pics attached). I purchased a booster pack: base set in 1999 and found a double sided card with the pokeball design, but one side is colored and the other is in grey scale.

I have had it checked out by other collectors and comic stores to find information but had little luck. The other cards which came along with it have been verified and confirmed for authenticity, to make this more convincing that it is not a fake.

Please let me know what you think!

Attachments

• card 1.jpg
    card 1.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 27
  • card 2.jpg
    card 2.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 19
  • card3.jpg
    card3.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 21

Here is what is available.

- XY booster box
- 4 different XY blisters
- 2 different XY theme decks.
- 2 different XY Elite trainer boxes.
- 2 different XY Collection boxes.

Any idea what the boosters will be in the Kalos Tins? Maybe someone has more details :).

Thanks

Back