Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

Reggie McGigas said:
jakopo said:
Check this one:
http://legacycardshop.com

They have Flashfire booster packs for 2.50$ with FREE SHIPPING. Just check the "coupons" tab.
As I see they also have 4 booster packs sets from Kalos Tins for 9.50$, so it's less than 2.5 per booster.
Those packs are most likely weighed. They aren't making any profit off of 2.50 per normal pack.

It's like selling a booster box (2,5x36=90), so they do make a profit.
Of course they could still weigh the packs but i don't believe so :D

adam44 said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Those packs are most likely weighed. They aren't making any profit off of 2.50 per normal pack.

It's like selling a booster box (2,5x36=90), so they do make a profit.
Of course they could still weigh the packs but i don't believe so :D

Well, maybe they do weigh packs, but few days before release of Flashfire Troll and Toad sells packs for 2.50 as well and adam44 is right - when you preorder box you pay 90$ for it, sometimes including shipping.

Also I've read good opinions about this shop, and they used to have a youtube channel.

I am not sure where else to post this,
I just got a zorua illustrator card, and I was wondering exactly how rare are these? Like does anyone know how many there are, or if there were other ways to get them besides being one of the contest winners?

Energy Cards

Hello,

I've got some energy cards with only the year 2007 or 2010 on it without any mark or count. Someone knows to what series this belong?

Greets :shy:

Those energy are probably just from some starter decks from those years

@rikdegraaff: Keep in mind customs costs if you're ordering cards from other countries. I've been burned by this in the past ordering cards online. Customs will charge you €13 processing fees + VAT for any imported commercial package worth ~€20 or more. I do not think this applies if you're ordering within the EU and the price includes VAT, but I'm not positive.

I actually stopped collecting English cards after I moved here because it's just too expensive. Even local game stores, etc. seems pricey to me, though of course I'm used to the buyers' market in the States where there are so many websites competing that prices get really low. Spellenhuis does have booster boxes for ~€100 which is the best pricing I've seen for cards in this country; they have stores in Haarlem and Den Haag, or free delivery from their website.

Anyone got unopened blisters with these coins or just the coins themselves:

XYBL_Blue_Xerneas_Coin.png

XYBL_Red_Yveltal_Coin.png

Yep those colors :) They were just released but id rather just buy just the coins if possible

Hi guys.

Unsure if this is the correct thread to be putting this, but didn't know where else.

I am wanting to start collecting the cards, not battle. However I am wondering what the point in a booster box is if you can buy complete sets for cheaper? You can buy a booster box and still not have all the cards from the set. If you need certain cards for battling why not just buy them individually?

I want to buy a booster box, but don't see the point because complete sets are being sold for cheaper.

By sets I am talking about Fossil, Jungle, Base set, Boundaries crossed etc etc.

Also, why are the older sets still so cheap?

Thank you for the replies.

I'm not exactly sure...but I think I may have a few reasons why.

1. The cards you get out the booster box are mint-pack fresh. If you buy a complete/master set from somewhere, there is no guarantee that they are mint (although a good amount are).

2. Some people who open booster boxes like to send in their UR in to be graded, not really something you do if you just straight up buy the complete set.

3. I would say just the thrill of collecting the entire set. Yea, you don't get everything in one booster box, just like you don't get every Pokemon in one game. It takes the fun out of trying to Catch em all if you just buy completed sets (IMO), when you can trade, get a great deal on an auction, buy here, to complete the set.

NZguy said:
Hi guys.

Unsure if this is the correct thread to be putting this, but didn't know where else.

I am wanting to start collecting the cards, not battle. However I am wondering what the point in a booster box is if you can buy complete sets for cheaper? You can buy a booster box and still not have all the cards from the set. If you need certain cards for battling why not just buy them individually?

I want to buy a booster box, but don't see the point because complete sets are being sold for cheaper.

By sets I am talking about Fossil, Jungle, Base set, Boundaries crossed etc etc.

Also, why are the older sets still so cheap?

Thank you for the replies.

The reason is that many people find a unique pleasure in opening packs and sealed products. There is different sort of pleasure in gradually completing a set, down to the last few evasive cards, through booster boxes. They can give one a sense of surprise, excitement, and anticipation.

When you buy a set, you know exactly what you're getting. There is no mystery. There is no 'adventure'. To some people, this takes out much of the fun of collecting. To others, it cuts out the fat. You must ask yourself which is more worthwhile.

Most competitive players will purchase the cards for their decks individually, because they don't have the time nor money to build them from packs alone (especially for decks requiring 3 or 4 copies of a specific ultra-rare, and cards from more than 6 different sets). Players have a source of entertainment beyond opening packs, so they're not too focused on buying booster boxes and completing sets.

As for why older sets are so cheap, I'm not exactly certain, but I would look at it this way: Most of the older sets, including Base Set (which is valued highly primarily due to nostalgia) didn't actually contain any especially rare cards. They had commons, uncommons, rares, and holos. Charizard wasn't really a very rare card; most booster boxes (I believe) contained one. Thus the sum value of these sets isn't very high. The sealed products, on the other hand, are tremendously expensive due to their increasing rarity and age.

Well im going to Target tomorrow so which items have those new coins?

The-Kaiser said:

Good Luck. My Target had no recent blisters just Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres one. Old tins. No Pyroar box.

The-Kaiser said:

I saw them at Wal-mart. They were in Honedge and Skiddo blisters.

omahanime said:
The-Kaiser said:

I looked but Target had those with only the Charizard coin =/

so i got the XY Base set pack Blisters with them

and Target here had loads of the Pyroar, Garchomp, Charizard, XY Legendary Pokemon Boxs and 3 Pack Blisters

The-Kaiser said:
omahanime said:

I looked but Target had those with only the Charizard coin =/

so i got the XY Base set pack Blisters with them

and Target here had loads of the Pyroar, Garchomp, Charizard, XY Legendary Pokemon Boxs and 3 Pack Blisters

So only a few Targets get the 3 pack blisters? I haven't seen the Flashfire 3-packs at either of my 2 local T's since FF came out :/

i dont think so prolly your Target didnt order them right away or they were sold already

Do you think M Charizard EX 107/106 will rise in value in time or will it stay were it is now?

Back