Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

Why are the 2012 world championship decks so hard to find?

I've been able to track down the 2010, 2011, and 2013 decks easily enough, but I can't seem to find the 2012 decks anywhere. Was there a smaller print run or are they more sought after than the other decks? If anyone knows where I can get them online please let me know.

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

This is the only one I find, I don't know why they are harder to find than the other WC decks;
http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-2012-World-Championship-Karraki-Mewtwo/dp/B009EP8HLQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1414916507&sr=1-1&keywords=world+championship+2012+pokemon+deck

adam44 said:
This is the only one I find, I don't know why they are harder to find than the other WC decks;
http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-2012-World-Championship-Karraki-Mewtwo/dp/B009EP8HLQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1414916507&sr=1-1&keywords=world+championship+2012+pokemon+deck

Same one, but cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-2012-WORLD-CHAMPIONSHIPS-TCG-DECK-BONUS-PIN-CARDS-COLLECTORS-/281482193833?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4189a56ba9

Also

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-TCG-2012-World-Championships-Deck-Chase-Maloney-Eeltwo-New-Pin-Box-Book-/161213286829?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item25890f89ad

Can I get a confirmation on which Scolipede is the cracked ice/shattered holo in the three pack Dragons Exalted blister?

Is it the BW one http://pokebeach.com/scans/black-and-white/54-scolipede.jpg or the Emerging Powers one http://pokebeach.com/scans/emerging-powers/40-scolipede.jpg that also happened to be the theme deck holo in the Toxic Tricks theme deck.

Reverse Holos

So I opened my first Booster Box and my first packs in a very long time and was looking for some information on Reverse Holos, I looked around google but it all seems pretty outdated.

Are reverse holo cards basically just the guaranteed rare in each pack with a chance of something better alongside it? I figured as much while opening my packs/ box but I saw some people posting about how they were impressed with theirs and other stuff so I'm not quite sure what to think.

Are reverse holos just the garbage rarity of the tcg?

RE: Reverse Holos

Basically, each booster pack (XY) contains a Rare or higher rarity, 2 Uncommon and 6 Common. Then, I believe anything Rare Holo or under can fill the last slot and will also be a Reverse Holo. At least, that is how I will do it in my upcoming forum game...

Close, ninjas, but not enough. xD

Contents of a booster pack are:

5 Commons
3 Uncommons
1 Reverse Holo (any rarity)
1 Rare/Holo Rare/Ultra Rare/etc.

So yeah, you're basically guaranteed to get a reverse from each pack.

When it comes to collecting, people usually consider a complete set the collection with all standard printings of a card. As in, all cards as not reverse holo except for the set's Holo Rares. And they consider another set the collection of all possible reverse holos of a set. You can check up this method in the setlists that come with most products, like this one:

phantom-forces-set-list.jpg

What collectors do is take the standard set as one collection(red and black squares) and the other ones as another(the blue-ish ones).

They started doing this in the LEGENDARY COLLECTION set. Ever since then there always has been one random Rare or Holographic and one random reverse holo. I am not sure if they are rarer or equal to the regular rare if you get a rare reverse holo though. Any card in the set can be a reverse holo though. This means the random card is slightly worth more than the original unless you get a reverse holo rare anyway then it might be worth more or worth less as the counterpart. I am not sure why they started this but the cards that are reverse holo always look pretty cool though.:)

A complete set would be all the common/uncommons in either standard print or reverse holo, along with the regular holos and any ultra rares (like in Phantom Forces it would the gold bordered M Gengar EX, gold bordered M Manectric EX and the Full Metal Full Art Dialga EX).

A master set would be all the cards in standard/reverse and regular/reverse holo along with any ultra rares, basically all red black and blue cards, and in some cases the exclusive theme deck cards.

Some could actually say a complete set wouldn't include any ultra rares I suppose.

Yeah but how rare are reverse holos? I don't think anyone knows because usually people care about the regular rares because they have been out since the Base set and Reverse holos have been out since the Legendary Collection as I stated in my last post.:)

Pikachu6319 said:
Some could actually say a complete set wouldn't include any ultra rares I suppose.
I like collecting sets like that and leave my Ultra Rares in a separate binder because then all the pages with the collection have cards that look uniform, instead of something like this: [:] [:] [:] [#] [:] (lol those are supposed to be cards)

xxashxx said:
Yeah but how rare are reverse holos? I don't think anyone knows because usually people care about the regular rares because they have been out since the Base set and Reverse holos have been out since the Legendary Collection as I stated in my last post.:)
Reverse holos are rarer because there is only one slot in a booster pack for a reverse, but so many cards that have the possibility of being in that one slot. I read an article somewhere that did the math on this to prove it, and it was a lot of math. :p

Back when I was collecting that way, I tried for the master set. Every common, every uncommon, every rare, every holo, every reverse holo, every ultra rare, every theme deck exclusive, every promo. I went the master route.

Of course it started becoming rather expensive and I couldn't really keep up on that, that ended about the Emerging Powers time frame. I still collect on the promo route, which for me isn't just the black stars but the trainer kit cards like the cosmos Talonflame and the shattered holo cards (still missing a few there).

I also work a living card dex, but with that one I try to have everything holo or reverse holo that reflects both of their types if doable and applicable and if they have EX, LV. X or Prime versions those are in there. It sometimes causes conflict though, as was the case with Lucario having a Lv. X in Mysterious Treasures and then having an EX in Furious Fists, of course all of those being fighting types. It also contains the M. EX cards, and the special cards like shiny, crystal, LEGEND, Gold Reshiram and Zekrom (will at some point have the Full Metal Dialga EX) as well as the a 'pokedex' of the Delta Species pokemon (which personally I would love to see make a return).

Not sure of the math on the reverse holos but I can believe they are probaly rarer...relatively speaking anyway. A regular holo will still usually be worth more than a reverse holo and of course something like an EX will always be worth more. There are times, despite any math, that it seems some regular holos are worth more than the reverse.

I'm moving this conversation to The Merchandise Thread, so you can keep talking about it over there. ;)

Yeah once I got 2 reverse holos in the EX Deoxys set and it was Ludicolo 2 of them and a Tropius was my 3rd rare. Have not gotten 3 rares since in a set thought but I have in tins a couple of times with promo cards.:)

What does this logo mean?

May be a silly question but I can't seem to find an answer to my question anywhere on the internet... so I figure I'll ask here.

I just encountered two cards with a logo I've never seen and am wondering if anyone knows its meaning.

The first card is a Zebstrika from Black and White. In the right bottom corner within the picture is a holo logo of a dude holding a pokeball out front. It's red, black and white. What does this logo mean?

The second card is from HeartGold and SoulSilver and it's a Delibird. Below the picture behind the text is the same logo I explained above but bigger.

What does this logo mean?
How many cards have this logo?

RE: What does this logo mean?

I'm assuming you mean something like this? That's the official Pokémon League symbol and is used on cards given away at Pokémon Leagues. According to Bulbapedia, Zebstrika was given away for the Bolt Season of 2012 and the Delibird in the 2010-2011 Snow Throw Season.

Pokémon League often give away specially marked cards, and those cards change from season to season. They also give away other items from time to time, and in the past, they gave away special POP (standing for "Pokémon Organized Play") booster packs containing special promo cards.

RE: What does this logo mean?

Athena said:
I'm assuming you mean something like this? That's the official Pokémon League symbol and is used on cards given away at Pokémon Leagues. According to Bulbapedia, Zebstrika was given away for the Bolt Season of 2012 and the Delibird in the 2010-2011 Snow Throw Season.

Pokémon League often give away specially marked cards, and those cards change from season to season. They also give away other items from time to time, and in the past, they gave away special POP (standing for "Pokémon Organized Play") booster packs containing special promo cards.

Yes! that's the logo.Hmm... sounds interesting. Thanks for the info

All official leagues have some kind of stamp because it is an exclusive event and and can't buy those cards in particular. But you pay the gate fee and every card you get is included within the gate fee so technically you did buy the cards as well but just in advance and not up front.:)

Back