DPPt/HGSS The Careful Skarmory + Please Help and comment.

Ludicolo909

Ludicolo Is Firin' His Lazer!
Skamory @ Leftovers.
Carefull.
+160 Def. +160 SpDef. +160 Speed. Rest on Attack.
SpikesNormal reason
Roost Restores and takes away like 2 weaknesses.
Rock Tomb Physical Attack which will defend against most fires.
Brave BirdPhysical attack with STAB does quite a lot

Please help with my carefull Skamory.
*Please move if in wrong section.

:/

First off, I'd recommend you go for a physically defensive set. Skarmory honestly doesn't have good Sp. Def, which is why his most common partner is Blissey (Forming the duo commonly known as SkarmBliss).

Since we're going with a physical set, choose an Impish nature. An EV spread of 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe is the most effective spread, imo.

The moves you picked are honestly a mess. Sorry. Spikes is okay. Same with Roost. Drop Rock Tomb. It's a horrible low power move that just sucks when coming off 80 base Attack (You also have access to Rock Slide; a more powerful Rock move). Instead, use Whirlwind as it will remove any stat boosts from sweepers who try to setup on you, reveal the opponent's team, and rack up entry hazard damage. Brave Bird is okay.

So, it should look like this:

Item: Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Spikes
Roost
Whirlwind
Brave Bird

But, if you want to run a set that can take special hits, use this:

Item: Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Sp. Def / 16 Spe
Spikes
Roost
Whirlwind
Brave Bird

I'd also suggest using Shed Shell if you have a Magnezone problem.

I would replace Brave Bird with Toxic. Spikes won't do enough to harm the opponent in any good way, so you almost need to force your opponent to switch out so their best Pokemon doesn't lose to a metal bird.

Brave Bird is used to deal damage when needed, especially against bullky sweepers, like Gyarados, or when it's down to one on one where Whirlwind serves zero purpose. Spreading poison should be left to your other teammates, and not be wasted on Skarmory.

Wow, I didn't even know Skarmory could learn Toxic. Anyways, it's a total waste of a moveslot. I prefer using Taunt to stop people from setting up when predicting spikes before I can Whirwind, but usually Brave Bird is better for when you get Taunted. TDL is totally right except usually I run 92 speed to beat Rest Talk Gyarados which is common on other stall teams.

On your place I will use Impish nature and EV's 252 HP/240Def/16 Spe for maximum psyhical bulk and give Shed Shell for ecaping from any Pokemon and if you face swecial sweeper (liek magnezone or magmortar) switch into Blissey - Skarmory's best teammate. If you dont want to have blissey, use Careful and 252 HP/240 Sp.Def/16 Spe but better pair Skarmory with Blissey its the best wall combo

Back