• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

The Dragonfly that married a elephant and had a baby chinchilla (Stage 1 rush) (needs main pokemon n

I'm looking to replace Cinccino, should I replace it with..

• Umbreon UD/CoL

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Ambipom TR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (tell me in a post.)

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Before anyone sais anything, I just wanted to give this deck a funny name.

-------(22 Pokemon.)-------
3-3 Zoroark (2 BW, 1 promo #9) (BW Zorua)
2-2 Yanmega Prime TR
3-3 Donphan Prime HGSS (HGSS Phanpy)
2-2 Cinccino BW (BW Minccino)
1 Reshiram BW
1 Zekrom BW promo #5
-----------------------------------------------------
-------(24 T/S/S/)-------
2 Recycle FS (could be good for getting DCEs back)
2 Plus Power (1 DP, 1 SW)
3 Junk Arm TR
3 Pokemon Catcher EP
3 Pokemon Communication HGSS
1 Interviewer's Questions UL
4 Judge UL
3 Copycat (1 EXTR, 1 HGSS, 1 CoL)
3 Pokemon Collector (2 HGSS, 1 HSTK)
1 Flower Shop Lady UD
2 Professor Oak's New Theory HGSS
----------------------------------------------
-------(11 Energy)-------
7 Fighting Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy (3 BS, 1 BS2)
------------------------------------------------------------

Strategy: Start with anything. Pretty much use Donphan to wall/do damage for a low amount of energy and use Zoroark to well, use whatever my opponent is playing against them, Cinccino is a good back-up attacker and Yanmega attacks for free, while it's engine is great hand refresh/disruption.

Notes: I would like to find a way to put Switch in this deck without hurting it's consistancy; also I do not own a 3rd Yanmega prime, if I did the line would be 3-3 instead of 2-2.

RE: The foxy Dragonfly that married a elephant and had a baby chinchilla (Stage 1 rush)

I'm not sure how you feel about adding in Res/Zek as techs but they would be good users of a DCE for outrage. With good Donphan synergy they serve as great counters.

RE: The foxy Dragonfly that married a elephant and had a baby chinchilla (Stage 1 rush)

While I was building the deck I was considering that, and trust me, I really want to, but how will I fit them in?

1 Interviewer's Questions UL
1 Flower Shop Lady UD
2 Cheren EP
2 Recycle FS

How useful are these to the deck?
Also Plus Powers don't work for bench snipes I don't believe but you would be using mostly for Zoroark?

Defender also doesn't seem crucial to the deck. Just because something can be one shotted doesn't mean you should put defender in your deck when more valuable cards could fit. Although I like Cinccino I'm not sure how it plays/fits to this deck. Personally haven't gotten to play test it at all.

Brendan said:
Personally haven't gotten to play test it at all.

Same with me, until Thursday I have no one to play against but my self. (which I will do in a few minutes.) As for the cards you mentioned, Interviewer's will help get out DCEs, Flower Shop Lady is for recovery, Cheren is draw and recycle might get a DCE or something else I need from my discard back on top of my deck. Also as for Defender, I expect to see lots of Reshiram/Zekrom at BRs, so that's why I put them in. And Plus Powers are there to help me K.O. Reshiram/Zekrom with Zoroark.

Interviewer's seems to be a nice choice for high energy output decks but this is a low energy deck that doesn't need recycle in my opinion. Recycle isn't needed in my opinion and Flower Shop Lady won't help for DCEs which you will need more then fighting energies. Not sure what recycle you are talking about though so I might be wrong. Energy Exchanger might be a decent idea if you are trying to get some DCEs from your deck?

Energy Exchanger is defenetly something I need, I did 1 test battle so far and I was struggling to get a DCE, the game took about 20 turns or so, (I lost count somewhere after turn 15.) but the Recycles actually helped ALOT; and I know I need at least 1 more fight energy, I had a tough time getting those out as well. The Recycle I'm Talking about is this one. http://pokebeach.com/scans/fossil/61-recycle.jpg

Ah I see. Thats what I figured, I personally don't like things that are flippy if I can avoid them but if it works for you then awesome.

RE: The Dragonfly that married a elephant and had a baby chinchilla (Stage 1 rush) (needs main pokemon names in deck tit

I'm thinking of taking out the Rescue Energys out for 1 Fighting Energy and something else, I'm also thinking of taking out the 2-2 Cinccino for a better 2-2 stage 1 line, andy ideas/suggestions?

RE: The Dragonfly that married a elephant and had a baby chinchilla (Stage 1 rush) (needs main pokemon names in deck tit

Run 4 PONT it really helps alot.
Also since you're running 3-3 Donphan,run more fightning energy
I also recommend 4 Collector and 4 Communication aswel as 1 cleffa or manaphy.

Trust me, if I had another Collector to put in it'd be in there. Also I find Judge and Copycat to be good hand refresh, though I may take out the 2 Cheren for PONTs. I would love to put more stuff it's just, I have to have 4 decks built for each tournament. (one for me, one for my brother, one for my aunt and one for my cousin.)

I made some edits to the deck and added a poll, please look!

the aura is with me8 said:
I'm thinking of taking out the Rescue Energys out for 1 Fighting Energy and something else, I'm also thinking of taking out the 2-2 Cinccino for a better 2-2 stage 1 line, andy ideas/suggestions?

I say that you should use a 2-1-2 Kingdra.
Since Reshiram and Zekrom have their own decks, they're not really needed here. But a Kingdra can keep using Spray Splash whilst another Pokemon attacks. He can also snipe babies and the likes, and combined with Catcher he can be pretty good.

I'd also cut down to a 2-2 on Dophan, since I run the deck and two has proved plenty.

In summary, this is my verdict:
- 1 Reshiram
- 1 Zekrom
- 1 Phanpy
- 1 Donphan Prime
- 1 Judge

+ 2 Horsea
+ 1 Seadra
+ 2 Kingdra Prime

Kingdra Prime does sound interesting, if I can get two more Kingdra Primes, I will take this idea into consideration, though I will find stuff besides Donphan Prime to take out. Also why would I run a 2-1-2 line with no Rare Candys?

Didn't realise that you don't have Rare Candies. :D
Ok then, you should go for a 2-2-2. I was trying to cut down on it and fit in as much as possible.
Well, Copycat and Judge are both very consistent, and I find that I only need 3 Judge and 2 Copycat, so you could do the same and get another slot for the Seadra.
Also, keep Cinccino. My deck is mainly based on him, with a surprising 4-4 line that actually works. But 2-2 is a good number to have, so keep him.

This Thursday when I go to league I will see if anyone has Kingdra Primes for trade. (though I doubt it because the league I go to is mostly little kids who don't have many good cards) If I can't find any at league I may not be able to buy any because the ebay prices are $15-$17 but once I get a pay-pal account (don't know when I will though.) I may be able to get some when I sell cards on ebay.

Well, I managed to pull 3 and keep 2. It sounds odd, but it seems like the easiest Prime to get from my experience.
If you can't get it, it's not the end of the world, but it helps.

Back