The Easiest Broken Deck — Turbo Iron Hands ex

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Several post-rotation decks performed well at the massive Fukuoka Champions League tournament in Japan. This tournament was the first to showcase the new Temporal Forces set as well as the post-rotation format. I wrote about this tournament a couple of weeks ago, and I covered most of the decks that made Top 16. The results seem to indicate a format just as diverse as the one we have now, and even after seeing the results, the meta remains unsolved and open-ended. New formats are always exciting, as there is a lot to explore, and I’ve been testing various decks for post-rotation which I like quite a lot.
Last time, I wrote about Charizard ex, which I believe to be the best overall deck, however, at the end of my Champions League review, I indicated that a new deck that quietly snuck into Top 16 has some real...

Continue reading...

I like how we basically got a reincarnation of ADP (a card that "counters" 90% of printed cards), but there's so much already-ridiculous stuff in the format that it's not a cause for concern.
Also i like how, quote "The results seem to indicate a format just as diverse as the one we have now" does not mean it is diverse at all. Pretty subtle.

This may make me sound like a dick but I don't like when these articles hide the decklist. I understand you gotta have a reason for people to purchase the membership but can't we just have the decklist available for all at least? Hide the deck analysis and talk afterwards that's fine. But the decklist is what people are gonna want and finding it is paywalled I don't know just feels bad.

Nobody seems to believe in this deck. Bo1 or Bo3 I opt to go 2nd for 50 games on ptcgl and the amount of games my opponent was stuck with a lone active pokemon was high. FutureHands sets up turn one wins easily. I have a different approach with this archetype that is unsurprisingly similar to a list from Japan that has performed well.

Attachments

• 20240319_180224.jpg
    20240319_180224.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 108
This may make me sound like a dick but I don't like when these articles hide the decklist. I understand you gotta have a reason for people to purchase the membership but can't we just have the decklist available for all at least? Hide the deck analysis and talk afterwards that's fine. But the decklist is what people are gonna want and finding it is paywalled I don't know just feels bad.
I understand your concern. I felt the same way, before I started working as an editor.

Your post validates our reasoning, though - what most people are here for is the writer's list, and encouraging people to subscribe helps us make sure our writers are properly paid for their expertise. As you mention, you also get access to the writer's analysis with your subscription, which isn't nothing.

Sometimes when a writer talks about a public list, I'll make a point to put it before the paywall. But as much as I'd like to make the articles free, that's not feasible unless I screw up when posting.

Also this deck is the truth. It will only get better as the format settles.

But as much as I'd like to make the articles free, that's not feasible unless I screw up when posting.
Gosh darn, I hate it when that happens and I get full access to the entire article and all 6 Chein-Pao decklists for free.

Reactions: PMJ
But the decklist is what people are gonna want and finding it is paywalled I don't know just feels bad.
I think that's exactly the reason it's paywalled.
However, the issue here is the price. $15 is a ridiculous price for a month of membership. This is the same price as Netflix.

I think that's exactly the reason it's paywalled.
However, the issue here is the price. $15 is a ridiculous price for a month of membership. This is the same price as Netflix.
It's eye-wateringly steep, but I doubt the subscriber count would triple if the price dropped to 5 bucks. Even if it did, they'd still be making less money thanks to transaction fees.

Also i like how, quote "The results seem to indicate a format just as diverse as the one we have now" does not mean it is diverse at all. Pretty subtle.
It is a diverse format. There are plenty of viable decks and the decks play differently from each other. I understand you hate the power level of Standard, but some of the things you say just don't ring true at all, such as this or when you say Standard isn't skillful.

You are writing this under an article about a card that is considered a "counter" to 1957 out of 2569 Pokemon cards (76.1%) in Standard.
Really did the math there. Impressive! Out of curiosity, how did you count that?

It is a diverse format. There are plenty of viable decks and the decks play differently from each other. I understand you hate the power level of Standard, but some of the things you say just don't ring true at all, such as this or when you say Standard isn't skillful.

You are writing this under an article about a card that is considered a "counter" to 1957 out of 2569 Pokemon cards (76.1%) in Standard.

It is a comparatively diverse formats because several top decks are thriving. Even when the Pokémon Trading Card Game was at its most balanced, there wasn’t a case of 10% of the Pokémon in the format succeeding at the highest levels of competitive play. “Diverse” in the sense LightYearLiam and many others use it means “we have a dozen or more decks that make a serious case for winning the next tournament,” not “We have a format where most of the card pool is playable.”

You answered your own question. The decklist being what people want is what encourages people to subscribe to support the site & players.

I've been using (maybe not this exact) deck on PTCGL and had great success. Looking to build it IRL but the price of Iron Hands and Iron Crown is a little high for my liking at the moment, alongside Prime Catcher also setting me back £20.

Back