The Final Stretch — Making Last Minute Preparations for Worlds

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello PokeBeach readers! Isaiah here, and I am happy to be writing another article for you all! Last time, I discussed Giratina VSTAR and how I thought it could be a good off-meta pick for the World Championships in Hawaii this year. Since writing that article, I have unfortunately moved on from playing the deck, but I still do not think the deck is bad. The flaw that I found was that the deck struggled a little more with Regidrago VSTAR than I initially hoped that it would, and with the release of Shrouded Fable on Pokemon TCG Live causing a massive surge in Regidrago VSTAR’s popularity in online events, I feel like playing the deck is a bit too risky with a less than perfect Regidrago VSTAR...

Continue reading...

I only hope to see a Dialga in top
My boy deserves some love
Definitely second this. While I also greatly love Regidrago and am so happy to see it get so much love right now, Dialga has become my favorite deck to play. It's fallen off so much in the past month or so.

I'm curious for some other takes as to why that is. Is it the Kyurem sniping from Drago? Or from Dragapult? I usually have no problem setting up fast enough to still get Star Chronos. I'm genuinely curious what has brought it down so much on people's lists.

Definitely second this. While I also greatly love Regidrago and am so happy to see it get so much love right now, Dialga has become my favorite deck to play. It's fallen off so much in the past month or so.

I'm curious for some other takes as to why that is. Is it the Kyurem sniping from Drago? Or from Dragapult? I usually have no problem setting up fast enough to still get Star Chronos. I'm genuinely curious what has brought it down so much on people's lists.
In my opinion it's becoming way too easy to OHKO Dialga now, Drago has Giratina, Gardy has Drifloon/Munkidori, Charizard has Dusknoir/Pecharunt, and the main reason Dialga was meta is because of Chien Pao suddenly becoming meta, and since now Chien Pao is just overpowered by every other deck there's not much reason for Dialga to be relevant anymore.

Back