The game is dying in Spain

Profesor_Robles

Aspiring Trainer
In Spain we do not have organised play, the community of players and collectors in our country have been built in the past years, not thanks to Pokémon USA or the spanish distributor, but thanks to the players themselves through an united community and organising unofficial events every week, even we are trying to make an unofficial national, although this is a different subject it helps me to illustrate how the Spanish players feel, we feel somewhat disappointed, abandoned and frustrated and then today in the official pokemon page we saw that Dark Explorers set in Spain will be released after September 25th, nearly six months later than the release in the USA, half a year…

When Dark Explorers will come to our stores in spanish most of the players will have all the cards that they need, because we will have bought them imported from other countries, this will mean less sells for the Spanish distributors which can force them to take the decision of not selling more Pokémon TCG, this can mean the death of the game in our country.

We hope that this decision was taken for the good of the game, and we are still hoping to see organised play someday in our country, but we cannot wait half a year more than the rest of the world to have the new sets, this is bad for the players, the game, and the life of Pokémon TCG in our country.

Anybody knows where can we address our feelings about that, any official mail from Pokémon TCG? Anybody knows what we can do about that?

First go to www.pokemon.com. From there you will see a link that says Customer Service near the bottom. Click that and you will get redirected to the support portal ( Note that you must be logged into your account). Click on Ask A Question then wait for a response upon submitting a ticket.

King Arceus said:
First go to www.pokemon.com. From there you will see a link that says Customer Service near the bottom. Click that and you will get redirected to the support portal ( Note that you must be logged into your account). Click on Ask A Question then wait for a response upon submitting a ticket.

This was the automated response, it seems that they haven't read my message:

Hello Trainer,

Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support!

We understand you have some feedback you would like to give us regarding Pokémon products and games. Please understand that we receive many suggestions from the fans and players everyday and that not all can receive a response. Although you may not receive a response, your feedback is always read and appreciated. If you have anything additional you would like to share with us then please log in and submit a ticket using our ask a question feature. Thank you for playing Pokémon!

Sincerely,

Pokémon Support Team

You'll just have to be patient. Nationals is a busy time for them and I'm not sure how busy they are until after Worlds. They likely have to do some wrapping up for Worlds plans. Good luck.

Wow this is horrible. Could this mean there is a sign that Pokemon is starting to end? Sure that could be a possibility but I don't think so though. There might not be enough support in Spain to keep the TCG around. Look what happened to the Trading Figure Game. It died because there was not enough support for it at all XD. Try doing a petition in your Country to keep it going or start your own petition or website for the petition. even if you ask for donations to help start it up in your area that might work too. That way you can at least try to hold your own tournaments with the cards you have until the new set arrives in stores. Sure you will be behind a bit but it is better than nothing XD.:)

I don't think we have anything to worry about If you're American, British, or Japanese. The main countries that get the biggest amount of support for the Pokemon TCG are the United States, Japan, and Great Britain. Spain well I dunno what to say, I know Magic: The Gathering gets alot of support there however in terms of TCG's Spain has a very niche pop culture in terms of that.

593462 said:
What about spain? This is bad. Does spain participate in Worlds?
Only VGC i think. This year at ECC there was a group of people from spain.
They dont even have organisized play you know.

Profesor_Robles said:
This was the automated response, it seems that they haven't read my message:

Hello Trainer,

Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support!

We understand you have some feedback you would like to give us regarding Pokémon products and games. Please understand that we receive many suggestions from the fans and players everyday and that not all can receive a response. Although you may not receive a response, your feedback is always read and appreciated. If you have anything additional you would like to share with us then please log in and submit a ticket using our ask a question feature. Thank you for playing Pokémon!

Sincerely,

Pokémon Support Team
Try replying to that message. I had a similar problem a few months ago, where I got an automated reply that had little to do with my question. When I replied to that, an actual person correctly answered my question.

Back