The Hair Thread

MylesPrower said:
I'm black. I hate black people hair. It sucks, you can't do anything with it. It doesn't move in the wind, and doesn't add lines to the face. It gets disgusting really fast, too.

Zomg, so true. It gets all nappy, and it just doesn't look as good as white peoples' hair. u_u That's why I just get weave or extensions all the time. Lol, typical black female. xD

ManhattanTheStarr said:
Zomg, so true. It gets all nappy, and it just doesn't look as good as white peoples' hair. u_u That's why I just get weave or extensions all the time. Lol, typical black female. xD

Maybe ya'll just don't do much with your hair. xD
MTS: Perm and Relaxer keeps the nappers away.​

I've gotten straight perm before, which is the only way to deal with my hair ;L I know that perm is usually for black peoples hair but it's helped me so so so much xD

I'm black. I hate black people hair. It sucks, you can't do anything with it. It doesn't move in the wind, and doesn't add lines to the face. It gets disgusting really fast, too.

I envy afros, you do know that right? EMBRACE IT

It's not that I think afros look bad, (I used to have one and liked the look), they're just really hard to maintain sometimes. They get really hot and smelly quick, take on all sorts of weird forms, and are difficult to make look nice (job interview or whatever).

It's like being Medusa, without the added perk of turning people into stone.

Don't get me as complaining, but yeah I'd much rather have hair I can do things with

MylesPrower said:
It's not that I think afros look bad, (I used to have one and liked the look), they're just really hard to maintain sometimes. They get really hot and smelly quick, take on all sorts of weird forms, and are difficult to make look nice (job interview or whatever).

It's like being Medusa, without the added perk of turning people into stone.

Don't get me as complaining, but yeah I'd much rather have hair I can do things with

If you're a guy and grew an afro you should totally style it like Moss from the IT crowd. I wasn't even aware it was possible to side part an afro until I saw him. His face is beautiful, too.

Can I make my hair stay down in the back naturally? I don’t like to put gel, hairspray, etc in my hair and the back sticks up a lot :p

#1weavile said:
Can I make my hair stay down in the back naturally? I don’t like to put gel, hairspray, etc in my hair and the back sticks up a lot :p

Using conditioner every day will probably net you the best results. If it's just a matter of it being bulky in the back, then get your hair thinned.

I Love gay guys! They can talk to me about anything fashion and give me tips on what should go with my outfits :3 My favorite hairdresser, Grey, is so freaking awesome and does an amazing job with my hair, he's gay, and he's the ONLY person I trust with my hairdo xD

EDIT: Ghostboy, it's called sarcasm. I'd never disrespect someone like that.

I'm thinking of getting highlights or dying my whole hair. What color should I get?

Think about dying your hair is you will probably ruin it for a long time. Its just a fact that hair dyes (unless done at a professional salon) ruin your hair. Gives it a very starchy straw like texture, but whatever. The other thing is that you said your hair grows fast. If that true how long is it gonna take before you have nice blue hair everywhere except long brown roots at the top? Not sure i would dye it maybe try highlights?
Off topic why does everyone think male hairdressers are gay? Just because he professionally cuts hair and styles it does not mean he is gay. For example, my best friends dad is a professional hairdresser and one thing i can tell you about him is that he is not gay. His girlfriend got him into hair dressing in HS and once they broke up he just kept going and now he is the best hairdresser in St.Louis, while still being entirely straight. Im pretty sure lots of male hair dressers and gay but its just stereotyping them to say there pretty much all gay.
edit: and to add on to that the two guys that work with him in the salon are straight as well, one of which is married and has kids.

Dying hair doesn't necessarily ruin it. It really really just depends on your hairtype and how well it takes to having crap poured into it. I completely ABUSE my hair. I bleach it with the strongest stuff I cant find which you can hear FIZZING if it gets on your ears and it makes the ends of your fingers go all weird and white for a few days. I've been doing this so that it goes almost completely white for about 6 years and my hair is fine. I do keep my hair relatively short [about 2 inches all over, with a fringe] and it's always been smooth and healthy looking, but I suspect that's because my hair never gets bleached more than twice without being cut off. It's just a matter of testing your hair to see how it handles it. I would never recommend someone just blitzing their hair without testing on a smaller concealed patch first. But...yeah, salons tend to be more cautious about dying/bleaching hair because they're responsible if it screws up or the customer decides it looks like a pile of ass.

If any of you want to dye your hair an unnatural colour, you WILL need to bleach it first if your hair is anything darker than dirty blonde. I have naturally mousey hair [dull, unremarkable light brown] and hairdyes had little to NO effect whatsoever. It's also a good idea to avoid bleaching your hair if you've ever coloured your hair with henna as that make it go GREEN as I had the pleasure of finding out when I was a stupid 17 year old, haaaah.

LoneTyranitar said:
Think about dying your hair is you will probably ruin it for a long time. Its just a fact that hair dyes (unless done at a professional salon) ruin your hair. Gives it a very starchy straw like texture, but whatever. The other thing is that you said your hair grows fast. If that true how long is it gonna take before you have nice blue hair everywhere except long brown roots at the top? Not sure i would dye it maybe try highlights?
Off topic why does everyone think male hairdressers are gay? Just because he professionally cuts hair and styles it does not mean he is gay. For example, my best friends dad is a professional hairdresser and one thing i can tell you about him is that he is not gay. His girlfriend got him into hair dressing in HS and once they broke up he just kept going and now he is the best hairdresser in St.Louis, while still being entirely straight. Im pretty sure lots of male hair dressers and gay but its just stereotyping them to say there pretty much all gay.
edit: and to add on to that the two guys that work with him in the salon are straight as well, one of which is married and has kids.

We said that the good hair dressers are normally gay. We did not say that all hair dressers are gay. While it is still stereotyping, it's been a very good rule of thumb for me.

shaymin707 said:
I Love gay guys! They can talk to me about anything fashion and give me tips on what should go with my outfits :3 My favorite hairdresser, Grey, is so freaking awesome and does an amazing job with my hair, he's gay, and he's the ONLY person I trust with my hairdo xD

I'm not even gay and I find that so painfully stereotypical it's actually almost offensive. Not every gay man is a flaming glittered up queen who just things everything's THUPER. They are people. There are plenty of straight males who can hold a conversation about fashion and being FABULOUS, just as there are plenty of very masculine and low-key gay guys. If I were gay I'd find it a right bummer [lololololololol] if the only stereotype about me was what you just described.

Freak :P said:
That that sounds sexy, but I wouldn't match I'm asian :p

I went blond with my highlights, and I'm Asian. You could also go brown or a dark red.

Back