The Indepth Tier 1 Deck Guide

RE: The Official What Deck is Hot thread

^Except the point of Palkia is to bring up something that you can kill.

Actually, there is no such thing as "ying-yang" it's actually yin-yang. If you don't believe me, look it up.

stumpy271 said:
^Except the point of Palkia is to bring up something that you can kill.

With ying/yang you can get the 1 Hit on just about anything in the format without haveing to set up a Lv.X.

With Claydol and Weavile on the bench and 2 Sp. Darks attached. (Usual Set-up) Flygon does 100, which can't OHKO Luxray,
Infernape, DGX, PGX, or Beedrill. I guess I just prefer Pink Flygon to Dark Flygon because I like board control more than beatdown.

Umm Why would I stop with just that On my bench? I ushally have: Flygon Lv.X active and foygon/vibrava, Claydol, Claydol, dusknior, and weavile on my bench hitting for 130 which is more than what is in the format nowaday.

I would not just stop with that on my bench. Im just saying that is easy to get early game. True, it deals more straight damage. However, Azelf usually gets a spot on most people's bench. That is 120, which is still enough to KO pretty much anything. As I stated before, I like Pink Flygon more because its more fun to play and more my style. Just because one variant is better, does not mean that the other does not deserved to be mentioned. The deck is very good played either way. I simply prefer Pink Flygon.

^ I am in no way saying that pink flygon is bad but it tends to kill techs will Ying/Yang kills attackers. Also I don't even play azelf in my deck. The only basic that ever hits my bench that won'tevolve is uxie and that is for really bad starts.

^ I find that surprising. I play no Uxie simply for the purpose of building up damage. However, I do play an Azelf, just incase the X is prized.

Unlike pink flygon Ying/Yang does not relly on discarding cards from the deck as Ying/Yang. I can go without the Lv.X as it is not a main part of the stratgy and is more of just a add on bonus.

Yes, Im aware. We got so off track haha. The point is, I think if you include one variation of Flygon on the list, the other should also be mentioned.

Can you guys stop this debate about which deck is better. I only need a basic decklist for the tier 1 decks that all

Thanks SR, now guys help me out with all the decks and lists. I will be sure to credit you ^_^

Why is this sticked? Honestly The Official Tier Thread is just like this. :/

Anyway, for worlds, I would say Flygon/Weavile or LuxApe.

Does the Tier thread, give you an indepth look at decks using experienced minds? This is to help otheres :)

ok luxape needs a list
3-1 infernape e4 lv.x
2-1 luxray gl lv.x(the best decision i made for nats was 2-2 lux but i cut one in this list for premier ball)
1-bronzong g
2-crobat g
1-uxie
1-azelf
1-1 claydol
2-unown g
1-1 ninetails(tech for flygon and mewtwo)
1-lucario (hurts kingdra and combos with ninetails)

4-cyrus
3-roseannes
3-bebes(grabs claydol and ninetails)
4-poketurn
4-powerspray
4-enerygain
2-sp radar
3-warp point
2-night maintenace
1-premier ball

4-call
5-fire
2-lightning
strategy:the strategy is to use infernape to spread damage around the board then use luxrays bright look attack to shut down key cards to your opponents set like there draw engine(claydol) or main attacker.with the active slot being manipulated so much many plays can go from good to bad in the span of 1 turn.infernape gets KOs on big guys that hurt your luxray and his fire spin is almost always a ko with early game split bombing.
counters:the mirror can be pretty annoying and one thing that can make it better is using a uxie draw engine over claydol because it does not give them the oppurtunity to brightlook a claydol for a prize the downside to this play is powerspray and lego lock.i picked claydol for nats because its not destroyed by legos and consistancy wins games.
toxicroak g.
this guy is one of the most annoying cards to play against with luxape you ko one of his friends and hes ready to eat your luxray and put a nice bruis eon infernape.
kingdra donk.
kingdra is another guy that hurts you but luckily enoguh we have luxray to bring on the pain to after disabling there claydol and then beating them down with lux hes not so fierce.
overall:4.5/5 this deck is great and the only reason im giving it a 4.5 out of 5 is because its extremely easy to misplay with and is definetly not a deck for beginners.also toxicroak g is way to splashable and your basically gaurunteed to see him at least once at a major tournement and he can be a really pain.

^There is so many differnet ways to run LuxApe that it is very hard to find a genral list. Mine I go for more of a speed version with 2-1 Uxie,No claydol no ninetails and rayquazza so I can fire spin turn after turn.

^yea i think this deck should generally be run off of claydol but only because on power spray.
they spray your uxie at a crucial point it could lose you the game wereas if they spray your claydol next turn you still have an opurtunity to get the cards you may need.
ninetails is a pretty popular deck a a really viable out to mewtwo.
rayquaza is cool and all but is flippy and is a target for gengar.he rarely attacks and he doesnt do much help with fire spin unless he is acompanied by stark mountain so...

Back