BW/BW2 The Isshu Region Speculation Thread (now with new larger map!)

RE: The Isshu Region Speculation Thread

alexf1996 said:
For those who don't know here is a link to a video that shows where the Isshu Region is based off of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dLNZWejhqE&playnext_from=TL&videos=-eY83hhyREM&feature=sub

-_-;
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/163/4/1/Isshu_is_New_York__New_Jersey_by_KyogreMaster.png
^That fits much better in my opinion.

howelllawson said:
-_-;
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/163/4/1/Isshu_is_New_York__New_Jersey_by_KyogreMaster.png
^That fits much better in my opinion.

Agreed.

Plus, the NanPu bridge isn't even in the right location relative to Isshu.

alexf1996 said:
Isshu_is_New_York__New_Jersey_by_KyogreMaster.png

So you think New York and New Jersey represents the Isshu Region

better than this
The_real_Isshu_Region_by_alexf1996.jpg
yeah i do. And that was 1 guys opinion. Plus he didn't. Compare it to New york at ALL. Plus New york looks Better.

New York was in the picture from the link he put and yes it was one guys opinion and New York looks almost the same to the picture I posted just thinner and in a different part of the world and it doesn't look bad at all.

about the giant tornado in the middle of the map, the july issue of corocoro said that the giant tornado thing was actually the wifi place. im mpretty sure it says so on the front page. also i have a really cool idea/speculation for the isshu region. while i was playing soul silverlast night since i decided to start over, i was at the part where i got the togepi egg from mr. pokemon and he says "i bet you wont this kind of egg in johto" so what if, you can actually find wild togepi or wild togetic in the wild of isshu? :D

Death Bringer said:
about the giant tornado in the middle of the map, the July issue of corocoro said that the giant tornado thing was actually the wifi place. im mpretty sure it says so on the front page. also i have a really cool idea/speculation for the isshu region. while i was playing soul silverlast night since i decided to start over, i was at the part where i got the togepi egg from mr. pokemon and he says "i bet you wont this kind of egg in johto" so what if, you can actually find wild togepi or wild togetic in the wild of isshu? :D

They say the samething about the regional pokemon of each generation. It would be nice but I doubt it. Besides you can catch Togepi in Diamond,Pearl, and Platinum in route 230.

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
They say the samething about the regional pokemon of each generation. It would be nice but I doubt it. Besides you can catch Togepi in Diamond,Pearl, and Platinum in route 230.

If you were to catch Togepi in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum you would have to send it over to Black or White. It's easier to just catch it in Black or White.

why cant the isshu region have elements of different real world areas incorperated into it?
first i'll start with the basic shape. both NYC and Shanghai are very similar in appearence to Isshu, but Shanghai is a little too wide and NYC is a little to thin.
second. im getting annoyed at people saying that theres a desert and mountains so it cant be NYC. not all regions exactly match their real world counter-parts. like how there's no desert in the part of japan the hoenn is based off of. if Isshu were NYC, it wouldnt be very fun playing in a region thats all city so of course they would change it. and guess what? theres no desert in Shanghai.
third. people are saying that it cant be NYC because NYC is too small, so what the entire existing pokemon world is just a scaled up version of Japan.
fourth. theres a lake in the middle of Shanghai that looks alot like the pokeball thing with a tornado. and theres a bridge that has a swirl thing at the end of it just like the one on the isshu map that looks like the Brooklyn bridge. and there are small mountains to either side of Shanghai just like the ones on the map
fifth.if Isshu is a sideways Shanghai than if the areas close to it were included in future regions than wouldnt they have to be on their side too? and if the rest of the east coast of Asia would have to be saideways. and that would make all of Eurasia sideways if the were included as other regions. the reason this worked for hoenn is because its an island!
sixth. people say that Isshu cant be NYC because the games have a lot to do with Yin Yang which is a Chinese symbol. So what?! people in other countries know aboout it, it isnt exclusive to china, its familiar to people all over the world.some say that mamepato(sorry for the spelling) means the Isshu is NYC because alot of pidgeons live there. some people say that the pokemon woorguru(wargle(sorry about the spelling)) is called the valor pokemon, its a bald eagle, and it has feathers on its head that resemble a native american headress. this could mean everything or nothing. its the symbol of america and is indeginous to north america, but hardly any animals that pokemon are based on live in the real life areas that the regions they inhabit are based on.
so lastly my opion about where the Isshu region is based on. i think that overall Isshu is a combination of NYC and Shanghai. for example the basic shape.Isshu looks to be a combination of both. the bridges. to me the red one looks like the golden gate bridge. the white one looks like the Brooklyn bridge but with the swirl at the end like the one in Sanghai. last of all, isshu is supposed to much farther away from the other regions. there is no question that its not based on any part of Japan. Shanghai is RELATIVELY close by compared to NYC

i spent five minutes writing the first part and now i want to add two things.
1. people say that if Isshu were NYC there would be the statue of liberty. if isshu is nyc than i doubt there would be an exact copy of the statue of liberty, but there would be some kind of statue.
2. some say that basic shape isnt enough to decide where Isshu is. YES IT IS, DID GAME FREAK SAY THAT BASIC SHAPE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT? NO, NEVER! THE REGIONS ARENT EXACT COPIES OF THEIR REAL WORLD COUNTERPARTS FOR EXAMPLE THE DESERT IN HOENN, SO BASIC SHAPE HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH A REGION. GF COULD MAKE ALL OF AUSTRALIA A REGION AND MAKE IT HAVE MOUNTAINS AND RAIN FORESTS AND SNOW AND WE WOULD STILL KNOW ITS AUSTRALIA.
I JUST REALIZED THAT I LEFT CAPS LOCK ON!!!
hopefully my last edit: the LIBERTY TICKET, could this be proof that isshu is NYC. i think so but it could mean nothing at all

tyrannitard said:
2. some say that basic shape isnt enough to decide where Isshu is. YES IT IS, DID GAME FREAK SAY THAT BASIC SHAPE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT? NO, NEVER! THE REGIONS ARENT EXACT COPIES OF THEIR REAL WORLD COUNTERPARTS FOR EXAMPLE THE DESERT IN HOENN, SO BASIC SHAPE HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH A REGION. GF COULD MAKE ALL OF AUSTRALIA A REGION AND MAKE IT HAVE MOUNTAINS AND RAIN FORESTS AND SNOW AND WE WOULD STILL KNOW ITS AUSTRALIA.
I JUST REALIZED THAT I LEFT CAPS LOCK ON!!!

I agree with this

OK guys.
Now there is a "Liberty Ticket."
On the image it shows a tower.
Does this remind anyone of the statue of Liberty?
Another confirmation of New york as Isshu!

Tying the new little legendary into the Statue of Liberty

From an article about the statue;

During World War II, the statue remained open to the public, although the statue was not illuminated at night. The statue was lit briefly on December 31, 1943 and on "D-Day", June 6, 1944, when the statue's lights flashed dot-dot-dot-dash, the Morse code for V, for victory.

NotVeryEffective said:
Tying the new little legendary into the Statue of Liberty

From an article about the statue;

During World War II, the statue remained open to the public, although the statue was not illuminated at night. The statue was lit briefly on December 31, 1943 and on "D-Day", June 6, 1944, when the statue's lights flashed dot-dot-dot-dash, the Morse code for V, for victory.

I love being proved right :D

rockinpikachu said:
I love being proved right :D

It does feel very good. :D

Unfortunately, $50 bucks says someone comes up with a "Liberty Petting Zoo" they found in Shanghai.

NotVeryEffective said:
It does feel very good. :D

Unfortunately, $50 bucks says someone comes up with a "Liberty Petting Zoo" they found in Shanghai.

Crud. Though 1 do wanna pet that pokemon. :D

It's not based on new york because of the liberty ticket personally i think the lighthouse in the ticket picture is the one near the red bridge.

Playerking95 said:
It's not based on new york because of the liberty ticket personally i think the lighthouse in the ticket picture is the one near the red bridge.

Why would you require a ticket to get there though?

Playerking95 said:
I don't know but i'm saying they both look the same.

And yet we're still not allowed that phrase about Manhattan and Hiun City...

Back