The Legend of Zelda- Skyward Sword

Got the game (like a boss)
Gold WiiMote (like a boss)
Brand new Wii (like a boss)
Get a sword (like a boss)
Beat a dungeon (like a boss)

So far, greatest game I have ever played.

I just finished the Earth Temple myself. That was a fun boss fight, I enjoyed it quite a bit. So far, I like this game a lot, and it's only getting better. I really like the traces of Twilight Princess that I catch, since that is my favorite game in the series. I've also noticed some interesting Wind Waker elements. This game pretty much takes all the good things out of every previous 3D Zelda game and mashes them up.

Meaty said:
I really like the traces of Twilight Princess that I catch, since that is my favorite game in the series. I've also noticed some interesting Wind Waker elements. This game pretty much takes all the good things out of every previous 3D Zelda game and mashes them up.

I want to reinforce this point because this is really true.

The visual style is a perfect blend of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The game is so gorgeous. The gameplay reminds me of OoT style quality and youu actually care about the characters in the world like Majora's Mask. This game is really a smorgasbord of all the classic Zelda elements. It's a fitting way to end the 25th anniversary of the series and close out the Wii's cycle.

dmaster out.

I think I'm gonna buy SS this weekend. Watched a few Let's Plays on YouTube, and am pretty impressed with what I've seen. Between that and the absolutely glowing reviews, I'm stoked!

Yes it's for the regular Wii. The Wii U hasn't even been released yet.

I don't own the game myself as i traded in my wii, but i have the opportunity to play it at a friends house at my leisure. I'm currently helping my friend with his file (sort of like co-op) and i must say the game play is very well-done. Instead od just hacking away at the enemy like past Zelda games you have to time your hits as well as making sure you hit the right places (1st boss was freaking hard) plus they've added a sort of realism to the game as you shield can now break and you have a stamina gauge (can be annoying at times). The first 15 minutes of the game were nice as you can see an actual bond between Zelda and Link.

A very well-done game.

I love how in the begining Zelda teases Link then shoves him off a cliff. I laughed so hard!!!!

Other than that this game amazing, alot of critics are complainging about the control, but the only issue is if you thrust to hard it becomes a horrizontal slash. I love that you can use specail moves like spin attack, shield bash thingy, and fatal blow right off the bat. The stamina isn't as bad as it seems at first, as it is nessacary for certian puzzles [earth temple mainly], and the game provides ways around it for in town use. My only issue is the shield meter, but it looks like you get a sort of master shield at one point.[IDK I haven't gotten that far in the game.]

Hylian Shield...you will be mine!

Lightning Round seems like a tough challenge to do :/. This might take a while...

Well, I'm in the desert region right now and still don't know where to get a shield. I looked all around the bazaar in Skyloft and couldn't find it. Someone mind telling me where it is?

Owlan gives you the Wooden Shield shortly after you get the Practice Sword. Talk to him outside of the Knight Academy. You can purchase the Wooden Shield from the Bazaar for 50 rupees if you lose it.

I beat the game yesterday (took me a solid week) and I can honestly say I was very satisfied with it. It deserved the great ratings it got, and I might have to say it's my favorite Zelda game. It's definitely up there for me.

Way late on this, but I just realized that the main theme is Zelda's Lullaby reversed. Mind=blown. Very cool.

CMP said:
Way late on this, but I just realized that the main theme is Zelda's Lullaby reversed. Mind=blown. Very cool.

Oh my god this game is so amazing even the music is a puzzle. <3 you Nintendo

brb gonna play Skyward Sword for another 2-3 hours before bed :3

Bought it yesterday, but my mom won't let me play it until Christmas comes around :(

Guess I should finish Twilight Princess while I wait :p

Nengeni said:
Bought it yesterday, but my mom won't let me play it until Christmas comes around :(

Did you at least get the one with the golden Wii-remote? :O

I've been playing Skyward Sword ALOT recently, but I'm stuck on the first boss fight. :( About the controls: I love them. It's like they came to me naturally; seriously, I just picked up the golden Wii-remote that came with it and started playing. I only have a small problem with jabbing, but it doesn't bother me that badly.

Hatman said:
Oh my god this game is so amazing even the music is a puzzle. <3 you Nintendo

Agreed. I love how connected -- yet distinctly separate -- each entry in the franchise is. I love reading about the various timeline theories. The coolest thing about Skyward Sword is how it's the earliest game in the known timeline.

CMP said:
Agreed. I love how connected -- yet distinctly separate -- each entry in the franchise is. I love reading about the various timeline theories. The coolest thing about Skyward Sword is how it's the earliest game in the known timeline.

Once you beat the game several things will just blow your mind. They sort of explain things, yet raise more questions, involving Ocarina of Time and its sequels.

Yeah, I know. I can't wait to find out if the Temple of Time in the desert area is the same Temple of Time on OoT. Don't spoil it for me though, I just got into the one mining area where you had to find the three symbol things and turn your wiimote to unlock it. Or something like that.

Back