The Most Broken and Difficult Deck: Pidgeot ex Control

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
There have been some pretty broken control decks in recent memory. I have fond memories of playing Pidgeotto control in 2019, winning nearly every game effortlessly, and before that, Zoroark-GX won tons of major events as the uncontested best deck in the format. Throughout the game’s history, control has been in an interesting spot — in many formats, control is inherently broken, but still the archetype characteristically sees little play in terms of usage stats. At its peak, even Zoroark-GX control was severely underplayed given how overpowered it was. Stall and control decks have always won by utilizing defensive styles, usually taking no Prize cards and running the opponent out of resources or locking them outright.
PGO_EN_55.png

For the past...

Continue reading...

I've been thinking about playing Pidgeot Control, but it seems really difficult to navigate match-ups where you have a plethora of options, so I decided to start building Spidops / Venemoth as my control deck of choice.

Have also been considering playing Pidgeot, but will need to get a lot of practice in beforehand. This is the first control deck to be this viable in years, and I’m unsure if it will survive rotation, so I want to try it out before that happens

In last night's cup for the tournament of Doom, I went against a person running a script that autoplays control. It's getting to the point where people are developing autobots for tournaments that run pidgeot control, and I don't really know why (especially considering that they're kind of shit).

I played this deck at a tournament this weekend and lost two and tied two. The ties would have eventually been wins but we ran out of time.

Charizard has been above 20% in meta share for quite sometime, it's honestly surprising how players ignore control as a deck of choice for regional.

Back