The Pokebeach Memory Thread

Will you miss Pokebeach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueEyedSteelix said:
Um... I've been off for a few days... can someone please tell me exactly whats going on here?

Pokebeach forums being closed in a couple days to a week. Enjoy it while you can!

EDIT: This will explain everything: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-forum-being-thrown-away-wha

Things I will remember
-Winning Off Season tournaments; One year I won all of them.:D
-Making a lot of friends. I think PDC and PokeChamp became my best friends shortly after I joined.
-Falling for the Holy Star take over
-Getting my one and only warning :p
-Mod applications
-Proudly serving the forum
-Fixing many of the broken features once I was supermodded
-Running it Pokemon Online Server
-Team Typhoon, Team Rogue, and Team Dimensional. I may no longer be a member of Team Typhoon, but I still remember it.
-Getting the Rulings forum / Professor Group under a much better direction.
-Helping edit The Cerulean back when it was around

TheDarkLucario said:
  • The staff. Such a wonderful staff that just does a great job.
can't tell if trolling or just very stupid

...alright, I guess I should make a list as well. Don't know why, nearly everyone who reads this wasn't on when (most of) these things happened.
  • Actually GOOD RPs
  • Original Ban Game
  • Being a noob (since I can look back on it and laugh at myself)
  • Having an unregistered member sending me suggestive things through PM (The terrible spelling and grammar is amazing)
  • Making fake sets that I never completed (And nobody ever yelled at me for doing so; what luck)
  • Innocence; now that I've been shown the world outside of the box, I've been taking everything differently.
  • When Zyflair was just a member (Surprise, surprise, newbies; Zy was a mod), I secretly disliked him very much. When we met on another forum (I'm not gonna say which one, since it'd be advertising hurr durr) around the end of 2009's summer, we became best bros for life.
  • The trolls. Oh, how I loved watching people overreact to obvious trolling.
  • Spammers. Reading new mew's threads and people replying "ZOMG U SPAM LOLOLOL" was entertaining. Not sure if they're still up, though I highly, highly doubt it.

And that's pretty much it.

Pokefan4000 said:
TheDarkLucario said:
Or he is being a nice a respectful member and sees something that you will never be able to grasp. If it wasn't for the staff and this wonderful site, I would have never met TDL, and my life would be meaningless. Now that the forums are leaving, how do you think we feel? We could be separated forever and ever.
Thank you for your abrupt and blunt feelings, sir.

Some of my favorite memories:

~Being a n00b when I first joined, those were the days...
~All the RPG's I was a part of...
~All of the trades I've made in the Trading Corner
~All of the deck help I've received
~Not-TDL <3
~All of the great friends I've made
~All of the staff here
~DE

Being a noob when I first joined.
Going on IRC and meeting all the cool people. (Lenny, esperante, Wariopower, 42 chocolate, llucario, dmaster...)
Learning all B/W Pokemon and HG/SS.
The Suprise Thread
Moderator Applications and my bans.
The Game Corner (from the early sonicyellow to TDL and safariblade)
Murder (All the games I made and let other people host)
Just all the cool people I've met and been able to talk to for the past year and a half.
I don't know what my life would have been like without PB.

#1weavile said:
Here you can post your most memorable and fun times we had here in Pokebeach before it closes down. You gotta admit, we've had some great times here in pokebeach, from Hugging SR WPM's April fool's jokes to staying up til midnight just to see who was just modded (Losers) to dmaster smashing us all and dragonexpert banning us all. Who could forget Zyflair's furries and the chillax zone. But no matter what happens we will still have these memories with us. Goodbye Pokebeach!

-_-

Less than 12 hours ago I posted in that other thread urging people not to overreact over small and trivial things. But I guess it's just wishful thinking. As far as I can see the other mods even seem to think its funny seeing the regular public act like that :headbang

I'm not sure if I'm worthy enough to make a post here. Anyway:

• Read the Newbie guide multiple times, months before joining. I was intimidated.
  • Made a thread about the time, and one to see why my avatar wasn't loading. Simple Questions thread saved the day, at least.
  • Made a thread requesting Base Set theme deck lists... had no idea Bulbapedia had most of them.
  • Made a TCG trade thread... that offered no rares or holos.
  • Totally missed out on the HS hacking prank, thanks to WPM's news post about Conficker. Got me scared to go on the Internet.
  • Met a ton of people who I deeply respect... for better or for worse.
  • Finished reading 27772. I then realized that it was the best piece of literature I had ever read.

Pokefan4000 said:
TheDarkLucario said:

I'll miss all the craziness that happen between first seeing the silhouette of Zoroark and the release of BW. "Here's Minotauros!" Good times good times.

I thought we do a decent job :/ While we may only have a few days remaining, you can still always PM us with any comments/suggestions/concerns. Our ears are always open.

You do a great job. Honestly, for every time I sigh when I get a warning for mini-modding or breaking YPPY (my level is at 50% right now), I still know that you're doing the right thing. I think that the current banning system works well to stop people that are either trolls, spammers or unorganised, and the people that are fine don't get banned, or prove that their mistakes are accidental. Hats off to you guys for keeping this place under control despite all of the things going on.

Just in case this really does get closed down, my memories:

-All of the great pranks on here. Yes, that means you, Secret Spoon/Soon/Soup.
-Just this website all together, I spend most of my free time on here, it's just that great.
-The banning/warning system, it's great. After I get my 30% for mini-modding, I know not to do it again or else I'd go higher up on the Ban-O-Meter. It helps you learn.
-The card scans, they are great, just amazing.
-All of my friends on here (AKA BrOkenICE, POKEV0RTEX, Chellochello, Darkvoid57, Snivylover555, and everybody else that dosen't hate me that isn't on my Friend List).
-I don't know what to say last, please don't close, PB :(.

^I agree with everything that you said there. I've been thinking to myself, 'what if this is my last post on here? What should I say? and trying to make every post worth posting. I will seriously miss PB, and another forum won't be the same. I pray that this stays and it's all a bad joke.

Yeah, if this a joke, then it has gone way to far. Just call it off now. I am stressing about this going away and me having to play flash games for the rest of my natural life rather than posting on this. Or at least, find a new forum, but it just wouldn't be the same. Just please don't close, please.

I miss everything the old Beach had that the new one doesn't.

The chat is way cooler than the forums too even when almost everyone in the chat left us already. (Noobnerd and Cal to name a few)

I'll also miss how fail the Strat program was (never took off) and when Holy Star tried to have one, he just rigged the applications and added all of his buddies who never even had more than five posts here.

But overall it was a fun time in PB also being one of the few who Xous made custom avatars and signatures for (Look below)

Shout-out to the chat crew you know who you are for being awesome and gave me a fun time especially the older mods.

slickmario said:
-CMP making a fake for me

I made someone's list! <3 Thanks, slick.

Some of my memories...
  1. I joined during the hype for D/P. Speculations on new gens is always fun!
  2. The 'beach was truly the reason I started faking again -- one of my biggest passions as far as Pokémon is concerned.
  3. Pokébeach also was what got me back into the TCG and competitive battling again.
  4. Mod applications were funny -- seeing everyone argue was a blast. With so much discussion about post count, I don't think anyone expected me to get modded (I had maybe 250-300 posts).
  5. In the past few weeks, I've gotten a lot more active on the chats, and I've gotten close to a lot of you. We've had some great times on chat!

Thanks for the memories, everyone!

I will seriously miss this thread for some personal reasons and for some posts her I consider just plain funny. Seeing Blue Thunder's post made me realize there have been some very cool and great memories. I've went around from the TCG (and got modded to handle online play - and then general modding) to faking cards, to writing fanfics... the old game corner as I knew it was definitely fun before it was moderated more heavily (despite that, I have no right to judge whether it was a good thing or not; I simply stopped playing there after it was revamped).

But you know something? I won't miss PokeBeach. It's just a darn forum. What I would miss is the people I've been with and had fun with. So as many others, thank you for the fond memories. Speaking of that reminds me of something I just read:

safariblade said:
If it wasn't for the staff and this wonderful site, I would have never met TDL, and my life would be meaningless. Now that the forums are leaving, how do you think we feel? We could be separated forever and ever.
I am surprised that you actually implied that you have not yet shared contact information with him.

Lastly,
scuba stevee said:
Pokefan4000 said:
TheDarkLucario said:
can't tell if comment was to just get attention (and succeed)

Pokefan4000 said:

tumblr_leczeiXPOO1qdlkgg.gif

Anyways, I suppose my greatest memory would have to be all the great friends I've made over the year and two months I've been here (despite the fact that I've been quite inactive since the start of 2011), and I thank each and everyone of you for the memories that shall remain with me for quite a bit of time.

Zyflair said:
But you know something? I won't miss PokeBeach. It's just a darn forum. What I would miss is the people I've been with and had fun with. So as many others, thank you for the fond memories.

So basically, that^

/me escapes back into the wonderful land of unicorns and rainbows that is tumblr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back