DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The D/P Questions and Answers Thread

I think it starts at around 70. Or... maybe 80. It's around that point, the midpoint for happiness. Breeding it or trading it tends to start with higher.

Yea but is there a number for the highest happiness though?

Dark Marc said:
When you cathc a pokemon what happiness lvl is it: 0?

according to BulbaPedia's Happiness article, trading your Pokémon resets their happiness to 70, so I think that's the default happiness level. it doesn't mention the maximum level of happiness, unfortunately.

Dark Marc said:
In what city marts sell Luxury Balls?

Sunyshore's PokéMart and the Elite Four entryway both sell Luxury Balls.

Happiness is capped at 255 for Max Happiness, 0 for lowest. Default level is 70, and what most things are when you encounter them.

For an evolution via happiness to occur, the Pokémon needs at least 220 Happiness, though certain Pokémon may need more.

Just for clarification:

Walking 256 will give you 1 point in Happiness (2)
Getting a massage in Veilstone will give you 3 (5)
Getting a massage at the Ribbon Syndicate gives 5 (6)
Vitmains (Protein, Zinc, etc) give 2 (6)
Gaining a level gives 2 (6)
EV Berries (Tamato, etc) will give you 2 (6)
Healing items give 1 (2)

Fainting will cause you to lose 1 point
Using EnergyPowder causes you to lose 5 points
Heal Powder causes you to lose 5 points
Energy Root causes you to lose 10 points
Revival Herb causes you to lose 15 points
Trading resets to 70

The numbers in parentheses () are what the respective action gives if the Pokémon was caught in a Luxury Ball.

Here's a question (or 5). I am trying to ev level up a Shuckle so i can get the sweet 614 defence. But I do not know where to start! What level should it start at? What nature? What powerup item? What wild pokemon has the best defence ev? Any action replay codes I should use?

Nature, use Impish, Bold, or Relaxed. Usually you'd be going for Impish or Relaxed, but Shuckle's not hurting anything with -Att anyway, so that doesn't matter much. Train it against a LOT of Geodudes with anything that'll hurt them, and use Power [word], the one that ups Defense. Obviously. Then...

If you're using AR you might as well just program it to have 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD. :/

I don't knwo if it should go here but on My Pokemon Ranch when Hayley brigns in, say a Togepi. Why can't I deposit that onto my D/P, beacuse apparently you can Deposit Mew when you put in 999 or more Poke's onto your Ranch?

Thank you very much! :cool:

Got another question, what is a shoddy name? You guys mention it alot in the battle acadamy.

zorak3160 said:
Thank you very much! :cool:

Got another question, what is a shoddy name? You guys mention it alot in the battle acadamy.

I would think that a Shoddy name would be a person's nickname on Shoddy Battle (a Pokemon simulator similar to NetBattle if you don't know what that is). I'm not a 100% sure though as I don't stop by the battle academy often.

ok, i have one. what stuff can you do in diamond after you get the national dex? i know there were a few things i couldnt do before like getting certain pokemon, etc.

Dark Marc: Sorry, I've no clue how to answer that question.

Doc Savage: I may be forgetting a few things, but this is what you can do after getting the National DEX:
-Access Turnback Cave and battle Giratina.
-Have full access to every part of the island north of Sinnoh (for some reason I can't think of its name at the moment... xD), which means Battle Tower and Stark Mountain, to name a few things in the area.
-Pal Park opens up, so you can migrate your Pokémon to your game.
-You can now get Regigigas in Snowpoint Temple if you migrate the three Regis from the older games.
-Swarms will now occur, so be sure to speak to the little girl in your rival's house (well, the other trainer that works for Rowan, not the blonde rival) for details on what's swarming and where.

Like I said, I think I'm missing a few things, but that's pretty much what opens up after getting the National DEX.

Dark Marc said:
I don't knwo if it should go here but on My Pokemon Ranch when Hayley brigns in, say a Togepi. Why can't I deposit that onto my D/P, beacuse apparently you can Deposit Mew when you put in 999 or more Poke's onto your Ranch?

Because it is her's.

With the Mew and Phione, you trade her a Pokemon for them. With the other Pokemon she brings in, they are there for show, you don't get them for yourself.

thats cool. i kinda felt bad when i beat it. i was like :whats the purpose now?" but yeah theres tons to do :)

I have a question. Where do you catch gible? I think it's in wayward cave, but I was in there for about an hour and no gibles were in sight.

Did you go to the hidden Wayward Cave?
It's right under Cycling Road, on the west.

Ive got 3 questions:

1: is there anything more to the creepy painting in the haunted house? there are red eyes in it that go away when i get up close

2: i went up to the tv to get rotom but nothing happned. what do i need to do to catch it? hey...isnt it funny that "rotom" is "motor" backwards? and the new forms are man made machines?:)

3: If a metapod falls out of a tree in a forest, and no ones around to hear it, does it still make a sound?

1) No, it's just some special effects added to the game. They don't really do anything to the game.
2) Did you go in the night time?
3) lol ;P

Rivallz said:
1) No, it's just some special effects added to the game. They don't really do anything to the game.
2) Did you go in the night time?
3) lol ;P

i couldve sworn i went in the nighttime. de to my schedule i do most of my pokemon gaming at night.

You need to have a GBA game in your GBA slot to activate Haunter and Gengar in the painting room.

You MUST have the national dex to get Rotom.

Yes it does because the Metapod hears it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back