DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The HG/SS Question and Answers thread

I have a question. When you return a pokemon from a pokewalker walk, do your watts get reset? How about your steps?

Watts yes, steps, no. Your steps stay until midnight, and you can use your accumulated steps on other routes (but not Watts since they're all transferred).

Every three hours. 2 a.m., 5 a.m., 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 5 p.m., 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.

Her show (and all other programs on that channel) lasts for one hour, so there's your timeframe to get the password.

Er.

2-3 a.m.

5-6 a.m.

8-9 a.m.

11-12 a.m. And maybe p.m. I'm always confused.

2-3 p.m.

5-6 p.m.

8-9 p.m.

11-12 p.m. And maybe a.m.

Or if for some reason you want to be really specific.

2:00-2:59 a.m.

5:00-5:59 a.m.

8:00-8:59 a.m.

11:00-11:59 a.m.

2:00-2:59 p.m.

5:00-5:59 p.m.

8:00-8:59 p.m.

11:00-11:59 p.m.

It is on the file select screen, not anywhere in game once you start playing.

RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

Where's the best place to train a Gengar in Platinum?

This is probably a really dumb question, but where are some EXACT locations of heart scales in HGSS?!
No relatives, please. Thanks!

The ultimate soul silver fan said:
how do you get mystery gift on soulsilver? acordding to serebii, you get it at the beginning, but i didn't!

All you have to do is receive your Pokedex from Professor Elm. Then it will automatically show up :) Hope that helps.

On Route 32, there is a bridge with some fishermen on it. If you surf directly east of them, you will see a small rock between some bigger rocks. Examine this small rock and you will find a Heart Scale.

You can buy Heart Scales on Wednesday and Sunday from Pokeathlon Dome for 1000 Athlete Points each (once per day).

You can import them from the Beautiful Beach Pokewalker route (best chance is between 2000 and 3000 steps).

If you've made it to Vermilion City, head south to where the Gym is, and surf down and right. You will see two boats. Position yourself below the bottom one, in the middle, face the boat and press A for another Heart Scale.

If I run away from Ho-Oh, will its personality/Shiny values randomize again when I fight it again in a later time? I want to SR Ho-Oh, but I don't want to do it before the Elite 4. >.>

if you have hg you can wait until later to battle him. if you have ss, you have to wait until later to battle him. either way, you can SR to get a shiny.

safariblade said:
if you have hg you can wait until later to battle him. if you have ss, you have to wait until later to battle him. either way, you can SR to get a shiny.

If you mean by wait, you mean running away from it in battle, right? You can't go to Kanto/E4 unless you've fought/caught/ran from it.

If you want to encounter a Shiny Ho-oh then you have to keep soft-resetting. But you have to see if it is a shiny by battling it. If it isn't then just soft reset it. You will be able to keep battling it.

Ice Arceus said:
If you want to encounter a Shiny Ho-oh then you have to keep soft-resetting. But you have to see if it is a shiny by battling it. If it isn't then just soft reset it. You will be able to keep battling it.

I do believe you can also RNG abuse to guarantee it's shininess, though I haven't a clue how that RNG stuff works.

I don't know if I should ask here but... is using hacked level 100s for a team during the elite four bad, plain wrong, okay, or I should start learning more about real pokemon training!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back