BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

DNA said:
The chance of passing down a Dream World/hidden ability (provided the mother is the one who has it) is 40% according to Bulbapedia. Musharna and Darmanitan can also pass down their hidden abilities (Telepathy and Zen Mode) this way.

I thought Darmanitan automatically goes into Zen Mode when low on HP?

But thanks guys for answering. I appreciate it. I did the DW thing a few days ago...put my Vlad Drago (aka Haxorus) to sleep just to see what happens. Nothing lol. Now I know what I need to. I'll def be putting DW to use.

Most Darmanitan have Sheer Force, not Zen Mode. Zen Mode is Darmanitan's hidden ability, and only the statues at the entrance to Relic Castle naturally come with it. If you catch one that's female, it can pass that ability down.

DNA said:
Most Darmanitan have Sheer Force, not Zen Mode. Zen Mode is Darmanitan's hidden ability, and only the statues at the entrance to Relic Castle naturally come with it. If you catch one that's female, it can pass that ability down.

Oh I see. Yeah I have the statue. Alrighty, got what I want. Thanks man.

Sup guys.. does anyone know when the events will come out for the remaining 'legendary' pokemon ....also ..why does the japanese version of the game get so much bonus stuff ??...while we have to wait so long?? :/

Wow, alot of questions
im getting my game in a few weeks from Japan, and i really am stuck on which on the 3 to choose :L
Tepig, Snivy or Oshowatt
plz help, what one has the most advantage over gyms and the elites?
AND!
whats everyones best team they have ever had on any Pokémon game?

XAV said:
Sup guys.. does anyone know when the events will come out for the remaining 'legendary' pokemon ....also ..why does the japanese version of the game get so much bonus stuff ??...while we have to wait so long?? :/
Japan gets events about 6 months before we do. It's because they're cool. :p

MissLucario said:
Wow, alot of questions
im getting my game in a few weeks from Japan, and i really am stuck on which on the 3 to choose :L
Tepig, Snivy or Oshowatt
please help, what one has the most advantage over gyms and the elites?
AND!
whats everyones best team they have ever had on any Pokémon game?
Snivy is the fan favorite, but the most difficult starter to use. Oshawott is the balanced, all around starter. Tepig is the easiest starter to use in the game, as his final evolution has a wide movepool and an advantage over most of the gyms.

I don't know, I tend to make a random team with random Pokemon from my box.

pokemon99 said:
XAV said:
Japan gets events about 6 months before we do. It's because they're cool. :p
Why can't we be that cool ?? hahaha :(

Japan doesn't get events before we do because they're cool - it's because they got the games first, therefore they should get the events first. It's only fair, no?

As for best team? That question won't really help you very much, because there's no such thing as a best team. For example, one person playing D/P/Pt would have an excellent track record with Luxray, but for another player Luxray ends up being deadweight. (I fall into the latter category.)

Fortunately in B/W there aren't really a lot of bad Pokemon out there, most Pokemon end up being good in some form or capacity in the end. However, there are a few that end up being not worth it in the end, and those you probably should avoid: Unfezant, Watchog, Liepard, Swoobat (maybe), Leavanny, Lilligant, and anything that has no evo (with the legends and other late-game mon being exceptions, as they're pretty good).

YOu can beat the game with any team really. It doesn't even have to be EV trained. That's how easy the games are.

@DNA What's wrong with Unfezant and Leavanny? A Leavanny can 2HKO both Cynthia's Spiritomb and Garchomp and Unfezant is no pushover either. Of coarse they need to be trained properly first.

The Black and White gams lack challenges and battles where u can really level up...(They should have brought back the gym rematches)

A Leavanny can 2HKO both Cynthia's Spiritomb and Garchomp
Yeah, and so can everything else. The difference is that Unfezant and Leavanny have terrible movepools, and better options exist (Golurk and Scolipede/Volcarona, respectively, are the two most notable ones).

Trust me, I looked over the whole list of Unova Pokemon before picking the ones that barely amounted to much, in comparison with the rest.

I'd like to back up Swoobat as well. It's super effective against at least one of the E4 and has some pretty decent attacks to back it up. It's not completely worthless, give it some props. I will agree Watchog and Liepard are pretty bad, at least in the beginning.

dmaster out.

That's why I said Swoobat was debatable as to whether or not it's bad. It's actually very fast and has access to two strong STAB moves, namely Psychic and Air Slash, and it's got the Speed to take advantage of Air Slash's backup effect.

If you have White version, Reuniclus is usually a better choice for a Psychic-type attacker, but Swoobat's actually pretty decent. It's sorta like Zebstrika in that regard (good and fast, but better things do exist).

@ DNA OK. Unfezant does have a horrible movepool, but Leavanny? How does it have a bad movepool?
EDIT: It has two good STAB moves: LeafBlade, X-Scissor.

Seeing as how X-Scissor is a TM and quite a few other Pokemon get Leaf Blade, and that Leavanny has weaknesses to several common attack types, not to mention its incredibly sub-par base stats...

...yeah, so many other Pokemon can do it better.

But Leavanny and Unfezant are both good Pokemon... So they arent Arceus, but don't count them out.
I don't know if you have used them before or if you are just looking at their stats, but I use both and wouldn't replace them for the world. I mean come on, don't group them with Watchog or Liepard. They don't deserve that. That's all I am saying.

^What DNA is trying to say is that the Pokemon are not bad; In theory, no Pokemon is bad, but there are other options that are better than Leavanny and Unfezant. The two Pokemon you mentioned have very shallow movepools and not-so-great Base Stats: Either way, DNA wasn't trying to say they are bad; there are just other options.

Back