The Spriting Clan

has this thread helped improved your spriting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
PokeBlog said:
you're too harsh to people who are novices... *sniff* why are you so mean, i mean im just a starter but you think my stuff are avatars? *sniff, cries* i just started.
ok, ignore me, you'll never be a good spriter if you aren't willing to take advice like a man and you're just going to be a little kid and cry about it, so if you want to continue making terrible sprites, ignore me, if not, don't ignore me, but your sprites are just getting worse because you're not listening to anyone and I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks that and wtf avatars!?

PokeBlog said:
altariaking said:
ok, seriously, minimize the canvas. it's not that hard and you're just being lazy. it's not your irst fusion. it is VERY copy paste and the outline is missing, some parts (all parts) have just been carelessly stuck on, and it hasn't been recoloured right, the only advice I can give is to either find an amazing tutorial or quit, I'm sorry if this comes of as being harsh, but it's just my opinion. you should have a look at the video I posted, it tells you what not to do, yet you did those things.

Edit: Here's one I did in 2 minutes compared to your one
shinxaipom.png

my own is not perfect, but if someone had never seen a sprite before except these two, it would be. the one on the left is recoloured incorrectly, copy paste, and just plain horrible (there are many other problems but I have to sleep)

you're too harsh to people who are novices... *sniff* why are you so mean, i mean im just a starter but you think my stuff are avatars? *sniff, cries* i just started.

You're gonna come across harshness anywhere in this world, buddy. Just take what he said as this: "I've been doing this longer, and look what I can make. If you keep practicing and reading tutorials, you'll be able to do that."

squirtli said:

You're gonna come across harshness anywhere in this world, buddy. Just take what he said as this: "I've been doing this longer, and look what I can make. If you keep practicing and reading tutorials, you'll be able to do that."
[/quote]

Which is exactly what I was trying to say I just have another way of getting the point across XD

ok, sorry, i felt a little... sad. i just wanted people to say if it needed improvement, and stuff. sorry man. well, i must search Google! or you could post some tutorial guides, videos, or links on a post. thanks everyone. also stay on topic, on the front page of this thread. you dont wanna get banned from the spriting clan forever, dont u?

you were already told about one...squirtli posted it a few pages back...
and I did say it needed improvement. lot's of it.

any guides on spriting other than Dragonflycave? i need improvement, duh! so any links to guides? improvement!

altariaking said:
Which is exactly what I was trying to say I just have another way of getting the point across XD

lol rolf any way new fusion
mermadefusion.png

pokeblog check first post for tutorials

I'd like to reapply for advanced if that's ok.

Name: altariaking, Altariaking, Flygon, -/Flygon\-, kibago, Mewtwo
Favorite sprite you've done(post image):
Corsweet-1.png

Favorite Type of Spriting and why: Fusions because you can take original pokemon and make them into something completely new
Best type of sprites: Fusions
What kind of sprites do you do: Everything
How experienced are you: Kinda
What program do you use: Paint
do u promise to be active and post comments: Yup
Example of art:
Corsweet-1.png
bookshelf.png
picnic.png
KantoStarters.png

altariaking said:
I'd like to reapply for advanced if that's ok.

Name: altariaking, Altariaking, Flygon, -/Flygon\-, kibago, Mewtwo
Favorite sprite you've done(post image):
Corsweet-1.png

Favorite Type of Spriting and why: Fusions because you can take original pokemon and make them into something completely new
Best type of sprites: Fusions
What kind of sprites do you do: Everything
How experienced are you: Kinda
What program do you use: Paint
do u promise to be active and post comments: Yup
Example of art:
Corsweet-1.png
bookshelf.png
picnic.png
KantoStarters.png

done

and here it is all scratch except the out line of the head i tried reposing it for squirtli and yes i know it sucks
hitscratch.png

Ok, what about my disguised pikachu in a raichu costume? i accidently put it in jpg.

again, in attachment. anyway, what do you think of another mascot? a poll should help with that. what about... a fusion of all legendaries for the mascot? it needs two experienced spriters like squirtli and FireGod. you in?
[attachment=5658][attachment=5659]

Attachments

• Minuchu.jpg
    Minuchu.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 10
  • Disguised Pikachu.jpg
    Disguised Pikachu.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 10
i am so bored. im gonna make a Centaur thing. i'll try and make a centaur. and an added bonus a Revamp. so anyway is there anyway to change our mascot? it kinda looks like a wierd Gliscor with green hair and some other stuff.

cool kid master555 said:
cool kid master555 said:
why does all my sprites stay on different layers in pixen? *waits for squirtli*

Because you didn't merge the layers down. Just right click the layer and select "Merge Down."

EDIT: Pokeblog, don't save as .jpg, save as .png.

How I got into spriting? Sit down, lemme tell you a little story.

Way back, before I knew what Pokémon even was, my sister and I enjoyed playing with Tamagotchis. (You know, those virtual pets.) Now, we would look at the little pictures on the screen intensely, and copy them onto MSPaint slowly, pixel by pixel. We had no idea that what we were doing would soon lead to my best form of digital art.

After a few years, our interest in Tamagotchis had died down, and my interest in Pokémon had risen (thanks to my cousin.) Now, I didn't know that Pokémon sprites could be edited yet. I just knew they existed, just like normal video game sprites.

Sometime later, my cousin came to visit, and he showed me something by searching "How to make a Pokémon Spirit" on YouTube (don't worry, I corrected him. He didn't care then, but he's not as much of a novice now.) It showed how to mix Pokémon, and we did so, but we didn't recolor. Still novices.

Later, after I joined PokéBeach, I found more advanced sprites. I was shocked, and I knew I had to try this. Next time I saw my cousin, I showed it to him. He was amazed, and now, we're both good spriters (though I consider myself better then him, considering he still only knows how to make fusions. ;p)

And that's my story.

Well, one day, I was on YouTube (no idea why exactly), and I found a video of some guy's sprites. I decided I wanted to try. Unfortunately (being about 8), I could not find MS Paint. January or so of 2009, I found it. I remembered a place to get sprites, so I went there. Pasted an Octillery and a Carnivine in MS Paint and went from there. I taught myself how to do fusions, then slowly moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back