The Spriting Clan

has this thread helped improved your spriting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found some spriting videos on youtbe sometime late december, so I decided o try it myself, and I sucked.
STURTLE.png
glamevee.png

So I stopped until mid January, when I was really bored so decided to try spriting again, and gradually started to improve.

coolkid, do you mean resizing the cavas? If so, it's a bit tricky. Use the square select and keep the edges of the square perfectly even with the edges of the sprite. Go to Edit -> Copy, then choose File -> New Image from Clipboard. Save the new image.

lesse' if i remember...

i think that when i started on pokecommunity, i saw a bunch of people making pixel art and decided i wanted to try.
i think this is my first fakemon:
attachment.php

and ever since, ive been spriting, and getting better at it in my oppinion

squirtli said:
coolkid, do you mean resizing the cavas? If so, it's a bit tricky. Use the square select and keep the edges of the square perfectly even with the edges of the sprite. Go to Edit -> Copy, then choose File -> New Image from Clipboard. Save the new image.

how do i resize my Windows Vista Paint as well? i could only try to resize my pokemon to fit in with my canvas. so how do i? :(

Negative-Zero said:
lesse' if i remember...

i think that when i started on pokecommunity, i saw a bunch of people making pixel art and decided i wanted to try.
i think this is my first fakemon:
attachment.php

and ever since, ive been spriting, and getting better at it in my oppinion
The image doesn't work since it's an attachment on Pokecommunity.

PokeBlog said:
squirtli said:

how do i resize my Windows Vista Paint as well? i could only try to resize my pokemon to fit in with my canvas. so how do i? :(

Just do the same thing, except instead of New Image from Clipboard, choose New.

@FireGod no prob bro ;) also you're egg is hatching.

im back from camp. sorry if i didnt tell you guys i was going to camp. it was fun and awesome. i got scared so i had to bring a flashlight to scare some animals or something, despite there are only little bugs.

there was this one time where i was playing with my friends and all of a sudden a wolf was eating a deer! we all ran and got sticks and ran to the wolf and threw some sticks and got close to the wolf and we all got scratched, not bitten. the wolf was scared too.

Hey guys! I'm back from camp! What made me want to start spriting is the videos I saw of other sprites. I thought it would be neat to do some.

PokeBlog said:
wat tree sprite? where? its not in his post...

yes it is.
@coolboy or something like that
it's good for a beginner, there's too much mew and too little houndoom though, and it's very basic.

decided to try something different;
Gen2splice.png

His is basic, but it looks very nice. Complicated sprites don't always look better.

And for yours, it has no shading. Even if it's supposed to be a GSC sprite (which it looks like by the fire), it would have more shading than that.

altariaking said:
yes it is.
@coolboy or something like that
it's good for a beginner, there's too much mew and too little houndoom though, and it's very basic.

decided to try something different;
Gen2splice.png

whoops sorry didnt see it. i just noticed it in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back