The TCG has gone anti Poke-Power crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veyatii

EX. Strategist
Over the course of this last year, so many things have come into play in an attempt to balance out the game. Pidgoet and Macargo were the uber cards that made the game unbalanced to a point where Pokémon USA stepped and gave us the start of the 'anti-power' age.

It began with Battle Frontier, a stadium that all non-Pidgoet played to the 4. The stadium rule was increased to 4+ per deck and all Dark and Metal decks playued 2-4 Scott.

But it didn't end there, Medicham ex, Feraligatr ex an Pidgeot HP all have Powers that somehow render all Poke-Powers absolute.

In Legend Maker we had Cursed Stone, the Desert Ruins for Poke-Powers and, in Miracle Crystal, the most broken anti-Power card by the name of Shiftry EX place 2 damage counter on your opponent whenever they use a Power. That WILL be played with 4 Cursed Stone.

Even the much played DX Plusle has an attack that specifically targets Powers.

What do you lot think of this? An overreaction because of 2 broken search cards? An attempt to give the game a new leash of life? Stupidness? New deck possibilities? (I for do so).

Discuss.

I don't tink that Pidgeot and Magcargo are the recen, I think it's because of all the Powers, and because of you can build deck right out from Powers, so if you don't run a Power deck you shall still have a chance. Because if they did not have those anti Power cards, allmoust every player would have to play Power decks.

Pidgeot and Magcargo made the game more balanced then what it is. Give me a reason why people use them so much? Because EVERYTHING is Supporter based that we have no other choice but to use them to get the cards we want in our decks. Using a supporter to draw 3 cards a turn which will probably be Not what you want forces people to use Pidgeot and Magcargo. How else do you win when you dont have the cards you need? If anyone here actually played in Unlimited those years ago then they'll at least have some idea of what i'm talking about. This is why Nintendo should release cards which ARENT supporters that can draw cards. Bill and Prof Elm are examples. They should be brought back since they are reasonably fair to not be supporters. Hasnt ANYONE seen this yet? I worry for the game because of this exact reason...

Btw, I dont think you should worry about Poke-powers... what's there to worry about? If you feel that everything is attacking Poke-powers then play something which DOESNT have a poke-power... There ARE good cards out there without Poke-powers, and there are cards which stop Poke-bodies too. Space Centre, Latias, Latios, etc. Gatr ex stops poke-bodies too, it isnt poke-power biased, and it stops all in play, not just your opponents, so it stops you from abusing it. Alot of combos are based on Poke-powers and since there are a stack of pokemon with poke-powers compared to poke-bodies then they have to release cards which make you rethink which cards to play. The cards which stop poke-powers are put in place to stop abuse of poke-powers, that's why.

Abhoresn: You are right, I miss the good old cards. You see this, the Pokemon Company has to make Balance to the things that get unbalanced. That's why they change fromat, that's why they made supporters, Etc. But I realy miss Bill.

bill, come back

maybe not a remake of Bill (because he would be a supporter) but a new card like

collecting

draw 2 cards

Yeah, I guess after the rotation there won't be that many essential Powers left like Quick Search for all of those cards to target I guess the only decent Powers left after the rotation (off the the top of my head) are going to be:

LM Gengar (Shadow Curse)
UF Espeon EX (De-evolution)
UF Umbreon (Gust Of Wind)
MetaNite (Delta Control and Delta Charge)

Those. Not enough for Shiftry to target with what else is coming with MC.

Yeah, and Metanite will kinda.. die when Shiftry comes out. I mean, it can't even play Frontier =X

...Right, now to offload my Metas and Nites... >_>

RE: bill, come back

cute-mew said:
maybe not a remake of Bill (because he would be a supporter) but a new card like

collecting

draw 2 cards
If they made one like Bill it will HAVE to be Bill. Why on earth will they make Bill a supporter when it is just a inferior card to TV reporter, Rocket's Mission, Field Worker and Holon Adventurer? Drawing 2 cards for a non-supporter is decent and will make the game MORE playable. It would probably be best to make it a rare (or even holo) since almost everyone would play 4 Bill. Why would everyone play 4 Bill? Because it would be the best drawing card in the TCG! If Bill came back then it would make me want to play the game much more since the luck-scale in the game is practically 100% atm...

RE:  bill, come back

Abhorsen said:
cute-mew said:

collecting

draw 2 cards
If they made one like Bill it will HAVE to be Bill. Why on earth will they make Bill a supporter when it is just a inferior card to TV reporter, Rocket's Mission, Field Worker and Holon Adventurer? Drawing 2 cards for a non-supporter is decent and will make the game MORE playable. It would probably be best to make it a rare (or even holo) since almost everyone would play 4 Bill. Why would everyone play 4 Bill? Because it would be the best drawing card in the TCG! If Bill came back then it would make me want to play the game much more since the luck-scale in the game is practically 100% atm...
for in case you didn't notice, all persons are supporters and all supporter are persons

Anybody found anything else that will get screwed by Pidgeot d and Shiftry EX+Cursed Stone?

Oh, and if you want to talk about bringing Bill back, view my newest thread...

RE: bill, come back

cute-mew said:
for in case you didn't notice, all persons are supporters and all supporter are persons
That's not the point. If they made Bill a supporter then it would be WORSE than the current drawing cards. The whole point of Bill being good is that it SHOULDNT be a supporter. Would you really play it if it were a supporter when there are better cards available? I wouldnt...

Please discuss Bill in my latest thread otherwise Anti-Power cards...

*whispers to himself* (man, I sound like WPM here...heh).

Shiftry EX is going to be killer. :D But nobody sees an identical Pidgeot that wont go away with set rotation. PERSIAN! Its not as good but just the same.

I dont think they are going anti-power, because holon pokemon mostly use poke-powers, so they try and balance the game out with anti-powers, but wait until this holon series is finished.

I think tath a lot of people abuse of the use of the bsl deck
here in monterrey mexico if U go to a tourament. at lest U will find 4 or 5
persons with that deck and for that pokemon see that cards just like pidgeot and macargo ruin this game because if U have one in play is the most prabable that U will be win the duel

They have gone anti-Poke Power, but not crazy. A cursed Stone down for about 3 turns DOES hurt a lot. Battle Frontier kills all DS decks and many others. They are doing this because they want to give players a way to beat many of the currnet archetypes.

Shiftry EX will be a killer to Poke Power Pokemon and not. I think they are doing this because Poke-Powers are a huge and I mean HUUUGE part of the Pokemon TCG.

The old cards are still the best now in this day in age the new ones are the best ones and it was changed for the new comers of pokemon I think and those that still use the old ones still use them. You can't use them in tournaments because of the newbi's that are just getting started and they don't know of the older sets yet but keep in mind the sets that we have gotten will always be a legend to us and the newbi's won't have a clue to what we know until we show them. Keep in mind that those cards were the ones that started it all and the newbi's wont find out for a year or so.:)

xxashxx said:
The old cards are still the best now in this day in age the new ones are the best ones and it was changed for the new comers of pokemon I think and those that still use the old ones still use them. You can't use them in tournaments because of the newbi's that are just getting started and they don't know of the older sets yet but keep in mind the sets that we have gotten will always be a legend to us and the newbi's won't have a clue to what we know until we show them. Keep in mind that those cards were the ones that started it all and the newbi's wont find out for a year or so.:)
Huh? I really didnt understand any of that. What are you trying to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back