The TCG Questions area...

Mewstor

Pokémon Professor
... is FULL of wrong answers!!! The area a total disgrace to this entire forum! Half the answers that people come and give there, are complitely wrong! Poor unknowing naive members who come and ask a question about a specific ruling, tend to get a wrong answer and think it's automatically correct coming from a person, who in the worst case, don't even play the TCG game!!! Some just come and guess the answer!!!

Good thing this place has some qualified TCG players who know the correct answer most of the time or even every time. They try to come and tell the right answer and the noobs come and argue them about it. How is the thread starter supposed to know who is correct and what rules to play by???

So my suggestion is... Remove the whole area or make it so that only specifically chosen members can come and answer the questions (preferably ones that have a long TCG career behind them and even more preferably are members of the Pokemon Organized Play, Professor Program).

Do you really want to keep giving your members false information about the TCG rulings? Do you want them to go to this falls Battle Roads and play the game wrong? Think about it!

As of yet, I'm thinking most people are asking questions and getting answers which are pretty confusing and thus take a majority answer, which won't work.

We need more stickied topics, like the L. X searching one and Rainbow energies.

I'm not giving that many wrong answers, am I?

I have noticed this also. Maybe it would be wise only to allow strategists, Organizers and Professors to answer questions as Mewstor said. However, people are bound to pose as Impostors so would that Idea work?

Lieutenant Houndoom said:
I'm not giving that many wrong answers, am I?

You actually give some of the best answers and in a clear well spelled manner that is easy to understand :) And Happy Birthday BTW ^^

I agree that there should be more sticky topics, but not one for every topic. A "Read this first!!!" topic would maybe do that better. A single topic to cover the most common questions like Rare Candy, Wally's, current modified format, lv.X, what cards can get a lv.X and why, maybe some errated cards and their correct way of playing them, Rainbow energys, Holon Castform ect.)

The thing I'm most concerned in is, how to get the correct answers to the questions so that the member who asked the question wouldn't have to go guessing who's answer is wrong and who's is right. I'm aspecially concerned about people asking questions here, getting the wrong answer and playing the cards wrong at a major tournament and in the worst case scenario getting a game loss for repeatedly playing the cards wrong.

Oh, and in your suggestion of closing it off... I'm not a strategist, nor an Organizer... I'm just a guy with a long memory which makes it easier to repeat things. I believe some others don't have any credentionals but still give consistant answers. Of course, I don't think that there are that many... and how is WPM going to be able to let people ask questions (make threads) but not be able to reply to them (make posts)?

I simply don't think that that is possible to stop some people from posting but making threads.

LadiesMan217 said:
Strategists are good in the TCG.
Sorry, but that was spam...

IMO, if WPM makes it so that only a certain group of people could answer, it shouldn't be limited to Strategists, but also a few group of qualified people that could be tested or something.

As SNN said. It is possible to make a forum that way, that anyone can make threads, but only certain group can answer. But there are many people, who knows answers and aren't PB strats. So, there are two options. One, make more, more and more strats or make another group which would only have power to answer those threads. (I don't know what powers do strats have, if they have no powers, then first option would be good idea).
So I think it's good idea.

:F

You know I have to agree with you. I cannot post an awnser without people coming and arguing the point about how I am wrong.

I think that ONLY Strategists and perhaps qualified members should be allowed to post.

It would not be that hard to do. It is as simple as ticking a few boxes in the admin control panel. Anyone can make a thread, but only the selected people/member groups can make posts.

LadiesMan217 said:
Sorry, I didn't know it was spam. Anyway, How bout' only members about LV. 30+ can post answers.

Krucifier: Level 16 (Strategist)
Mewstor: Level 14 (OP organizer)
Teddiursa: Level 20 (Strategist)
vanderbilt_gard: Something like 24
Black Winged Gengar: Something like 27
Hey, even WPM: Level 29 or something.
I doubt that anyone higher that level 30 can make a good response.
Well...
I'd have to disclude me...

Lou Cypher is good too, but I don't see him there anymore. But 1 thing that makes that harder, is that some areas are on a different set of rules then other areas. In the official POP rules (supplied by Butlerforhire, another name to add to the list) you may play fossils at the set-up of a game, but ALL POP officials in my area will not allow that, and I beilieve that the no fossils clause was in the original D/P new rulings on this site (geez that must be buried). And WPM is lv. 33. But level doesn't mean junk. If a n00b spams to level 31, he/she/CCloud like thing may still not be more quailfied then a level 1. There should be like a test that is always open, such as the professor Progam. Still, that brings up the different area, different rulings issuse.
And they need to ban me from Queen MT questions *shakes head* Just sad :(

I've seen a lot of incorrect answers in that area and used to do my best to correct the wrong answers. However, these days I don't get a lot of free time and haven't been answering any questions there.

The thing is, there will be very little Professors on this forum. They restricted the age to 18 years+ and I doubt that many people here are that age AND a Professor. The test really isn't that hard if you're knowledgeable, i've passed it every year and I bet a few people here would too (don't really want to name any in case I get their hopes up.)

I posted stickies for people to read and look at, but still no one looks at them. The Compendium contains half the answers and people don't bother going there first.

And I don't want to put people down but I wouldn't say that the Strategists are entirely qualified. They are on this site for knowing about Archetypes and strategic deck-builds and combos. They weren't selected for being pseudo-Professors so don't rely on them for correct answers. I may be wrong and they could all be very knowledgeable in rulings and hypothetical situations but I have yet to see that in them.

This reminds me of something, Abhorsen. Perhaps you should put a "read before asking questions or die" beside the thread title of the Compendium link.
Lieutenant Houndoom said:
LadiesMan217 said:
Sorry, I didn't know it was spam. Anyway, How bout' only members about LV. 30+ can post answers.

Krucifier: Level 16 (Strategist)
Mewstor: Level 14 (OP organizer)
Teddiursa: Level 20 (Strategist)
vanderbilt_gard: Something like 24
Black Winged Gengar: Something like 27
Hey, even WPM: Level 29 or something.
I doubt that anyone higher that level 30 can make a good response.
Well...
I'd have to disclude me...
True. That would limit a lot of people. There are SOME people who are above level 30 and give wrong answers anyway.

I don't understand why would level make you "better" at pokemons or anything. There were few people who thought I am kinda newbie or something, but I can proudly call my self full PB member. If you have more posts then others, that doesn't make you any better... I don't think that is good idea.

:F

LadiesMan217 said:

That wouldn't be a good idea. Anyone can spam their way past LV.30 easily.

I feel rejected...(not because of you guys)

How bout' mask up the Questions forum.

Mask- restrict to some particular people.

Krucifier said:
I think that ONLY Strategists and perhaps qualified members should be allowed to post.

We should have the right to report people who wont stop giving wrong answers to people who want to know something or learn to play. If they dont listen and continue even further, they should get a temporary ban.

Back