Writing The Time Portal

Luckyfire

Aspiring Trainer
Last time I posted a story here, I posted a "fail" story about dragons. But this one includes some Pokebeach members. Let's see who's here. (Also, note that I might use shortened versions of names.)

Characters (9 in all, but I'll add more as we go along):
The Yoshi- Tepig
Loveshy- Snivy
Vortex- Piplup
Peachy- Oshawott
evil_elf- Bulbasaur
MrGatr- Totodile
Afro-G- Treecko
Zorua- Zorua
Zade- ???

Anyway...(wait for it)...read!

Chapter One: The Fireworks

One morning, Yoshi was woken by the sound of his alarm. He tried to knock it into the floor. Yoshi tried... tried... finally knocked it into the floor. It crashed, making a very high-pitched eerie snap. It had broken in two pieces, but it still was ringing. After a few moments, Yoshi finally woke up. He rolled out of the bed and landed on the clock. It gave him a shock. Yoshi almost yelped, and got up. He picked up the clock and threw it at the wall. Yoshi's hair was blond but messy from last night. He wore teal pajamas.

"Unnnggghhh...." Yoshi groaned. Last night he spent hours trying to clean his room, and that resulted in getting in only two hours' worth of sleep. He took off his clothes and got a green T-shirt and a pair of tan pants. Yoshi pulled them on and went to the bathroom. He splashed water on his face and brushed his hair.

Meanwhile, Loveshy was waking up in her pink room. She had wore her purple pajamas for the night, and her long, brown hair was tangled from last night. Loveshy heard the alarm from her room, and woke up. She shut off the alarm and got up. Loveshy got her brush and brushed her hair. Then she took off her pajamas and put on her purple shirt and a pair of jeans. Loveshy walked down the stairs to the living room. Then she walked outside. On the way to the lab, she spotted two people arguing. Peachy and Vortex.

"No, I'm going to get Piplup!"

"Me! I'll get it!"

Loveshy ran to where they were. "Calm down! Peachy, what is your favorite Pokemon?"

"Emploeon!"

Loveshy shrugged. "Two out of three in 'Paper, Scissors, and Rocks' wins the Piplup."

Peachy and Vortex looked at each other. "Okay."

They played. "Tie, tie, scissors beats paper, tie, rock beats scissors."

Peachy groaned in dispain and looked at Vortex. "You win. C'mon, let's go."

Loveshy, Vortex, and Peachy walked until they spotted Yoshi and Afro. Vortex was wearing a blue jacket and black pants, and Peachy was wearing a light-blue skirt and pink shirt. Afro was wearing a gray shirt and red-black shorts.

"Hey. We're going to get our Pokemon. We'll come with you," Afro said. They finally stopped at the lab.

They were a bit afraid. Peachy finally said, "I'll go first.". She walked into the lab. Machines and computers were downloading data. And a professor was waiting for her.

"Welcome! Pick any of the Pokemon." he said. Peachy saw a Piplup. She wanted it. Then she eyed the Oshawott. Peachy picked up its Pokeball, and walked away. "C'mon, Oshawott."

Loveshy gasped when Peachy told her to go get a Snivy. Loveshy ran inside and took Snivy's Pokeball. Yoshi walked in and picked Tepig. Then Afro got a Treecko. Vortex got the Piplup. But then someone came running.

It was Evil_Elf. She had brown hair and wore a red shirt with flowers on it and jeans. "Wait for me!" She ran inside the lab, and got a Bulbasaur.

Yoshi checked the group. "Everyone here?" he said.

MrGatr ran to the lab and took the Totodile's Pokeball. "Here," he said, panting. He was wearing a black T-shirt and brown pants. And a red cap, too.

Afro's Treecko looked at the Totodile. It growled.

"All right, let's go to the fireworks!" Yoshi said. His Tepig smiled happily.

"Cool. I love the fireworks," Evil_Elf said, petting her Bulbasaur.

"Me, too." Loveshy said. Her Snivy sat on the floor, bored. Loveshy sent Snivy back to its Pokeball.

"But let's have a battle tomorrow!" Afro said. Everyone laughed.

They walked through the light forest. "Hey, there's a open spot," Vortex pointed out. The band of friends set up their chairs and seats. It was 11:30. They decided to go to McDonald's for lunch.

"I'll order a hamburger, please," Evil_Elf said.

"Could I order a cheeseburger and french fries?" Loveshy asked.

"I'll have a ice cream cone," Afro said.

"I'll have that, please," MrGatr said, pointing to the fifth special on the menu.

"May I have the ICEE drink and french fries?" Yoshi asked.

"I want a sandwich and a soft drink," Vortex said.

"I'll have the apple slices and hamburger," Peachy said.

Yoshi, whose kid was the richest, said, "I can pay for the food and drinks," and gave the cashier money.

The cashier told the cooks to hurry up. "Thanks," she said and gave out the food to everybody. They thanked the cashier.

The group picked a large table and began eating.

"By the way, shouldn't the Pokemon eat, too?" Evil_Elf asked.

Afro's Treecko looked at Afro. Afro took a look at Treecko, and then at Evil_Elf. "You're right. Better get some food for them, too," Afro said. After they finished eating, they asked the cashier about Pokemon food. The cashier gave the Pokemon PokeFood. After the Pokemon had finished eating, they went to the forest where they'd parked their seats. They took back the chairs and explored the nearby Pallet Town.

Loveshy said, "Let's spilt up!"

Peachy groaned when she heard that. "I hate 'spilt up'."

Loveshy looked at Peachy. "Why?" Loveshy asked.

"She probably wants us to go to the Pokemon Arcade," Vortex said.

Evil_Elf shrugged. "I don't know. I'm not a fan of games," she said. Her Bulbasaur poked her and pointed towards the forest. Evil_Elf looked at the forest, full of Pokemon. "But let's catch a Pokemon," she said, and took out a Pokeball out of her pocket that she had brought.

Everyone cheered and headed into the forest. Yoshi ran into a wild Dratini, who was relaxing in a small puddle.

"Go! Tepig!" Yoshi sent out Tepig.

"Tepig!" Tepig's nostrils flared.

"Dra... tini?" Dratini was confused.

"Tepig, use Ember!" Yoshi told Tepig. It shook its head.

Yoshi sighed. "Tepig, use Tackle!"

Tepig ran towards Dratini. It hit Dratini.

"Dratinnni!" Dratini cried.

Yoshi pressed the button on his Pokeball and threw it towards Dratini. Dratini turned red, then disappeared in the Pokeball. The Pokeball shook. It shook again.

Yoshi gulped. The Pokeball shook... and sparkled. The Dratini was caught!

Yoshi looked at the Pokeball and picked it up, then put it in his pocket. Then Vortex bumped into Yoshi.

"Vortex, wanna battle?" Yoshi asked.

"Bring it on!" Vortex said, pressed the button on his Pokeball and threw it. Out came a Piplup.

Yoshi laughed. "I just caught a Dratini," he said, and walked back, then stopped. He pressed the button on Dratini's Pokeball and threw it. Out came a Dratini.

"Dra!" Dratini said.

"Piplup!" Piplup said.

Yoshi went first. "Dratini! Use DragonBreath!"

Dratini felt a fire burning inside his stomach. He opened his mouth, and a dracion flame came out. It slithered in the air, targeting Piplup, until it hit Piplup.

"Piplup!" Piplup said while it fell backwards. He got up, and was ready to get payback.

"Piplup, use Ice Beam!" Vortex said.

Piplup shrugged.

"You don't know it? Okay, use Pound!" Vortex said.

Piplup ran towards Dratini, and his flippers glowed.

Yoshi told Dratini to use Tackle. Dratini ran towards Piplup and hit him, knocking the Piplup up into the air. Then Piplup fell on the ground. He fainted.

"Good Pokemon you have there," Vortex said.

"Thanks," Yoshi said. "Hey, it's beginning to get dark. Let's go, c'mon."

Vortex nodded.

"But let's tell the others," Yoshi said.

Vortex nodded. "Good idea."

After wandering around in the forest, they found Afro with his Treecko. And Gatr, too.

"Hey, we were just looking for you," Gatr said when he saw them.

"Strange, we were just looking for the others too," Vortex said.

"Okay, let's go find the others and see the fireworks," Yoshi said.

"Yeah," Afro agreed.

So they searched for the others. They found Loveshy battling with Evil_Elf in the shadows.

"Eek! You scared me!" Evil_Elf jumped when she saw them.

"Good. Let's go. We already have the others at the hill, watching the fireworks," Loveshy said.

"Hurry up, or you'll miss it," Evil_Elf said and ran towards a tree.

"Evil_Elf!" Vortex quickly pulled Evil_Elf away from the tree.

"Thanks," Evil_Elf said and walked into the deeper woods.

"Wait!" Loveshy shouted. They began to hear high-pitched cries coming from the Swoobat that lived in the deep woods.

Gatr covered his ears. "Watch out or they'll attack!" Gatr ducked.

They saw a swarm of Swoobat storm the skies.

Evil_Elf ran out of the deep woods, frightened.

"Whew! That was a close one," Afro said.

"Y-yeah," Evil_Elf said, trembling.

"Anyway, let's go to the fireworks!" Loveshy said.

The group called a tax car, and drove to the fireworks.

"You're late. Sorry, but you missed the fireworks." Peachy said. Loveshy and Evil_Elf had sent her, the only one with them.

"Ohhh..." Yoshi, Vortex, Gatr, Afro, Loveshy, and Evil_Elf groaned. They went home, disappointed.

The band of friends changed into their pajamas and went to bed. But they had missed dinner, so they cooked dinner and ate by themselves.

Evil_Elf yawned. She couldn't say that there wasn't something bothering her. Something poked at Evil_Elf's heart. She couldn't figure what it was. Her head ached terribly. She tossed and turned. Finally, she went to sleep.

Meanwhile, something was also bothering Gatr. He just knew that something really bad was going to happen. Gatr soon was asleep.

What was happening?

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter! No, I wasn't copying the Tale of Pokebeach. I was trying to attract attention to the Writer's Corner forums. Thanks for reading, and please post a comment so I can improve. :)

I believe I mentioned in your earlier dragon story not to make introductions before the story. Well, you did it again, including a background plot along with it too. Please don't make that a habit.

Moving on, I would like to warn you about starting with seven characters. So many works start out with far less. The simpler the opening, the easier it is for the reader to hang on in the beginning. Even during the story all the way to the end, it's not advisable to have a large cast. Say, let's look at Tales of Pokebeach. Yoshi has his hands full because he's forced to split the story into around four parts because there's so many people doing various things at the same time. You don't have that exact same case here, but when you have dialogue:
"All right, let's go to the fireworks!" Yoshi said. His Tepig smiled happily.

"Cool. I love the fireworks," Evil_Elf said, petting her Bulbasaur.

"Me, too." Loveshy said. Her Snivy sat on the floor, bored. Loveshy sent Snivy back to its Pokeball.

"But let's have a battle tomorrow!" Afro said. Everyone laughed.

They walked through the light forest. "Hey, there's a open spot," Vortex pointed out...

"I'll order a hamburger, please," Evil_Elf said.

"Could I order a cheeseburger and french fries?" Loveshy asked.

"I'll have a ice cream cone," Afro said.

"I'll have that, please," MrGatr said, pointing to the fifth special on the menu.

"May I have the ICEE drink and french fries?" Yoshi asked.

"I want a sandwich and a soft drink," Vortex said.

"I'll have the apple slices and hamburger," Peachy said.

Yoshi, whose kid was the richest, said, "I can pay for the food and drinks," and gave the cashier money.
That's thirteen lines of speech spreaded out among your cast of characters, and so very little was said among so much. To make things worse, if you try padding the dialogue with any more description, it would bulk the length quite a bit and, your story would drag on as multiple characters try to do something.

So Pokémon are telling other Pokémon what to do?

and also

"oshi tried... tried... finally knocked it"

this is odd. Knocking? And "tried and tried". I don't know why you are emphasizing that though.

Its ok, just browsing through it.

Zyflair- I deleted the plot. And the Tale of Pokebeach introduces the characters first, then tells the story. I thought I could do that, too.

Glaceon- I meant for him to try to knock the alarm into the floor repeatedly. Not knock it on the floor one time. :)

Now on with the story!

Chapter Two: The Awakening

Vortex yawned as he got out of bed. He changed into his brown shirt, and black pants. Vortex pulled on his socks, put on his blue cap with a picture of Piplup on the front of the hat. Then he went to the bathroom and brushed his hair. Vortex came down to the living room. The smell of bacon wafted through the air. His mother had finished cooking bacon. She put the plate on the dining table. Delectable bacon was steaming on the plate. Vortex felt his stomach rumble.

"Thanks, ma'am," Vortex said to his mother and sat on the chair near the dining table. He picked a piece of bacon and ate it. It was so delicious. But it was also hot. Vortex chewed quickly and swallowed it before it burned his mouth. The heat forced tears out of his eyes. I should wait for it to cool, Vortex thought.

After a few moments, he ate all the bacon and took out his cell phone. Vortex dialed Afro. He put the phone close to his face and waited for Afro to reply.

A voice called out of the phone. "Hello? Anyone there?" It was Afro.

Vortex shouted. "Afro, can you tell the others to meet me at the Vater Vountain?!"

"Relax, I'm not deaf!" Afro snapped back. "Anyway, you should tell the others too. I'll tell the boys, you tell the girls."

"No way! I'll tell Peachy, Yoshi, and Evil_Elf. You tell Loveshy and Gatr," Vortex said.

"...Fine." Afro hung up. Click! Then Afro dialed Gatr. "Hey, Gatr, could you tell Loveshy to meet us at the Vater Vountain?"

"Sure," Gatr said. But then someone called in. "Afro? Gatr? Vortex told me to tell you guys to meet us at the Vater Vountain," It was Peachy.

Afro shouted. "TELL LOVESHY!"

Peachy covered her ears. "I already did! Sheesh!" she hollered. Then she hung up.

Gatr put the phone in his pocket. He was wearing a yellow shirt with a Torchic on it and black pants. Gatr ran to the garage, got on his bike, and took off for the Vater Vountain.

As Loveshy paced along the sidewalks, she saw the Vater Vountain. It was a beautiful water fountain. Water were sprouting out the holes in the fountain. Then she spotted Vortex riding a blue bicycle. Vortex stopped along the curb and parked his bicycle.

"Cool bicycle," Loveshy said.

Vortex blushed. "Uh, yeah," he nervously said. Does she like me? Vortex thought. He didn't want to be liked by a girl. It was just that he didn't want to have anything to do with love. Vortex looked down the street and hoped that either Yoshi or Gatr would arrive.

He was wrong. Someone else arrived. It was Zade, a ten-year-old kid wearing a white shirt and black jacket. His legs were covered by brown pants. Zade was riding on a skateboard and jumped off, his skateboard rolling down the lane until it hit a rock. Zade walked over to pick up his skateboard. "Hey, guys. I thought the others were supposed to be here," he said, taking his sunglasses out of his pocket and putting them on.

Vortex's face filled with relief when he saw Zade. "Hey, Zade. Haven't seen you in a long time."

Meanwhile, Zorua, a boy who liked Zorua so much that he was named Zorua, was searching for his Zorua's Pokeball. He threw out the clothes out of his basement. Then he noticed a mysterious chest in the corner. He walked over to it, and struggled to open the chest. He coughed. The chest must have been so old, that everyone had forgotten about it and left it in a very dusty state. Zorua looked at the front of the chest. It had no lock! But there wasn't any traces of glue, either. Maybe something had locked it from the inside? Zorua's head filled with excitement. "My friends have to see this!"

He tried to push the chest. It didn't budge, not even one centimeter.

Zorua, worried, looked at the chest. The front had a picture of a Diagla and Pailkia battling! It seemed to glow a little, but Zorua wasn't sure if that was his mind playing tricks or not. Zorua took out his phone, which had a cover of a Zorua, and called Loveshy.

Meanwhile, Loveshy's phone rang. Loveshy wondered who it was and took out her phone.

"Hello?"

Zorua's body was shaking uncontrollably. It suddenly got cold, and the lights began flickering. "L-Loveshy, I need to open this chest!" Zorua said, his voice shaking.

"Zorua, you all right?" Loveshy asked.

"Um, Zorua? Are you there?" Loveshy said. She heard a dial tone. And then her phone shut down. Loveshy tried to turn it back on, but it wasn't working.

"Quick! We have to go! Now!" Loveshy shouted and got her bicycle and rode to Zorua's home.

---

At Afro's home, Afro was looking at the sky. It seemed to get darker and darker. As if the town was being carried up towards the sky. Afro thought he felt the air thinning. Must be my imagination, he thought. His Treecko suddenly popped out of the PokeBall!

"Treecko!" the Treecko cried.

"Calm down," Afro said. "What are you trying to tell me?"

The Treecko pointed to the sky. "Tree..."

Afro looked up again. The clouds seemed to have moved closer. And closer. Afro thought he saw a mysterious flash of Celebi and Diagla battling. He then saw a portal. Not like those in the games, but a real portal. Afro almost fainted. Lighting bolts was coming out of it. And it seemed to look huge, like the size of Minnesota. Below the portal, he saw the local school, Christian School, being destroyed by dark Pokemon figures.

"Afro."

Afro shook his head. What was that noise? It seemed to be louder and clearer.

"Afro, come to the portal."

"What?" Afro asked.

"Afro-- the portal-- at Zorua's."

Afro's eyes snapped open. He was in a dark place. It looked like a basement. Afro saw Zorua lying on the floor! His phone was on the floor, and Zorua was wearing a shirt with a picture of a Zorua on it, his dark blue pants.

"Zorua? You OK?"

Zorua opened his eyes. "Who-? Afro..?"

Afro sighed. "Thank goodness you're okay! Anyway, what's that chest over there?" Afro asked. As he said "over there", he pointed to the reddish chest that was lying in the corner, covered in dust and webs.

"I-I'm moving it. But I couldn't," Zorua said as he struggled to get up.

"Why not open it?"

"It's locked," Zorua said as he got up, rubbing his knee.

"Locked? That's impossible," Afro looked at the chest. It didn't have a lock on it. "Let me open it," Afro said, walking over to the chest. He struggled to open it, and fell on the ground with a ear-cracking slam.

"You ok?" Zorua said, looking at Afro after he fell. "Any bones broken?"

Afro thought he felt the ground rumble as he fell. "Nope..."

"Whew!" Zorua was about to sigh, but when he began to say the word, the chest opened by itself. Dust scattered around the basement as the chest opened.

Zorua walked over to it and looked down. Stairs was inside the chest.

"Stairs? That isn't a chest."

Afro gasped. "That's the doorway."

The inside of the chest faintly glowed. However, Zorua and Afro didn't see it.

The two kids were about to go inside when Loveshy and Vortex came in the basement.

"You're okay," Vortex mumbled.

"The phone went dead," Loveshy said.

"Dead? Strange, but look!" Zorua said and pointed to the chest.

Loveshy went over to look at it. She could tell that there was a glowing orb in the chest... or stairs, at least. Then a Zorua came outside!

"Zorua! You're back," Zorua cheered.

Vortex looked at Zorua. "You, or this Pokemon?"

"Let's just call me Z," Zorua complained.

Afro suddenly fell inside the chest! He went bouncing down the stairs and landed on his belly.

Vortex and Z laughed. Evil_Elf and Peachy came running.

"OUCH!" Afro felt a sharp pain in his hand and shouted.

"Ou."

"Chu!"

"Ochu!"

The shout echoed across the basement.

Evil_Elf giggled. "Only one isn't here. Gatr is late," she said.

Afro winced with pain. "This isn't funny! It really hurts!"

The drawing of Diagla and Palkia glowed brightly after Afro cried.

Afro felt a chill up his spine. The portal had opened.

As everyone screamed, the Portal sucked the group into its deadly journey.

The time had come to close the Portal after it opened, trapping everyone in time forever. They would be trapped until someone entered the portal.

---

Gatr and Yoshi walked to the Vater Vountain. They noticed that it was strange that the others hadn't been here. No traces. Not even Pokeballs had been left here.

"Hey, I was listening to Zorua's phone, and it went dead. Think we should visit him?" Yoshi asked Gatr. He nodded. "Yeah, he's been searchin' for his Zorua," Gatr mumbled.

Yoshi nodded once, then they walked to Zorua's home. On the way, they saw some Deerling running along, having fun. But they saw a scary forest by Zorua's home. Something seemed to glow in the forest, although it was dark, so it was easy to identify the light. They walked around the left side of Zorua's home, and they spotted a door to the basement. Gatr opened the door, then Yoshi came down first. Gatr waited until Yoshi was done climbing down the ladder, then climbed down. Gatr noticed that the basement's lights were flickering, as if they had been on for a long time. Yoshi screamed and jumped when he saw a rat scurrying along the floor. Junk and dolls were piled up against the walls.

And then there was a chest, opened, in the corner.

Gatr looked at Yoshi with a worried face. Yoshi nervously shrugged. "Zorua said something about a chest when I listened to him and Loveshy talking..." he said.

"The chest seems to be glowing faintly," Gatr said after staring at the chest. It was opened. "Must've gone down there," he muttered, and walked over to it. Gatr ran his fingers down the drawings. Then there was a roar. After hearing the roar, Gatr began to feel dizzy. Yoshi felt the same way.

"Where do you think that came from?" Yoshi said.

"The roar? I dunno, let's go down there. Y'know, see where the others went?" Gatr answered with a sigh.

"Yep," Yoshi replied and began to walk down the stairs. A few minutes later, Yoshi came out screaming, "LAVA! GHOSTS! TRAPS!"

Gatr backed away. "Whoa, you mean there might be traps down the stairs?"

Yoshi nodded, then blushed. "Sorry. I'm just afraid of the dark," he shuddered. Yoshi's face was red.

Gatr laughed. "C'mon, why not?"

Yoshi frowned and folded his arms. "Fine, as long as we bring a flashlight. I'm not going in there with out seeing anything at all," he said, and put his foot down.

"Hahahaha, don't just... hah... heh... whew, what is happening to our friends?" Gatr laughed out loud, then sat down.

---

After a few hours, Peachy finally woke up. She felt somewhat funny, as if her Pokemon was missing and she was the replacement. She lifted her head to see that she was in a old castle. The statues of Arceus stood upon a huge, wooden door. There were webs in the corners of the ceiling. The castle seemed to have been built with old, pale-golden cement. A statue of Diagla and Palika overhead hung in nets which seemed to be made out of weeds. And then there was a Bulbasaur running towards Peachy, as if it needed help with something.

The Bulbasaur came, panting. "Oshawott, could you tell where I am?" it addressed Peachy as "Oshawott".

"Hey, Bulbasaur, I'm Peachy, not a Oshawott!" Peachy snapped. "Where am I?"

"Peachy?! Is that you? And, oh, I'm not a Bulbasaur, I'm Evil_Elf!" The Bulbasaur angrily said.

"Evil_Elf? But you are a Bulbasaur," Peachy insisted.

"Huh? I'm a human. You look like a Oshawott," Evil_Elf answered.

Peachy looked at a large mirror nearby, made out of gold and glass. "Hey, look at yourself in the mirror." the Oshawott stood up and walked to the mirror. Peachy almost fainted.

"That's a magic mirror. You can't fool me," the Bulbasaur laughed.

"Fine," Peachy sighed. "Mirror, mirror, who is the fairest of all?"

The mirror just stood there, doing nothing.

"Hm. Looks like you're right..." Evil_Elf groaned. "I guess that portal was real..."

"I'm afraid so," a voice came out somewhere.

"Who are you? Reveal yourself," Peachy questioned the voice.

"I am Z," the voice answered. The door behind them slammed on the ground, having been opened by a Pokemon. Peachy and Evil_Elf looked at the doorway. Only a Haunter was behind the door that had been opened.

"I am Z. A Zorua," the Haunter cackled and transformed into a Zorua.

"Z? Why don't we call you Zoun?" the Bulbasaur, Evil_Elf, smiled.

"Fine. Come," Zoun said, acting shady. Evil_Elf wondered what was going to happen.

As the trio entered the rooms beyond the opened door, Peachy and Evil_Elf found the others, except for Gatr and Yoshi. Evil_Elf looked at the Snivy.

"Excuse me, are you Loveshy?"

"Yes," the Snivy sighed. "But where are we, and how are we going to get out?"

Vortex was a Piplup, while Afro was the Treecko. "Hey, why not see what it's like to battle?" Vortex said.

"Oh, I'm going to try it!" Afro chuckled, and stared at the Oshawott. Peachy cringed.

Given the option to battle or run away, the Oshawott, Peachy, shook her head. Afro, shocked, decided to sit down and wait for Zoun to say something. Everyone stared at Zoun, and sat down.

Finally, after a few minutes, Zoun said, "Search for the portal."

Everyone agreed, but they still sat down. Then Loveshy saw a mysterious figure running towards them with bags. Afro, the Treecko, quickly got up and took a few steps backward, unsure of the shadow. The figure pulled a bag over Afro's head and tied the bag. "Help!" the frightened Treecko cried.

Everyone, stunned by the mysterious shadow, tried to run away. However, it was useless against the shadow. After a few minutes, the mysterious figure had captured everybody except Peachy and Loveshy. The Snivy and Oshawott tried to rip apart the bags and free everybody when the mysterious figure lashed out at Peachy and Loveshy.

"Fools! You will not escape! I must catch every Pokemon in this castle before they team up against the humans and destroy us! The Pokemon must be enslaved!"

Loveshy gasped. How could they do this to all the Pokemon that lived?

"Now that you know, I must catch you!" the figure added with venom.

The remaining Pokemon scattered across the room when the shadow caught them in a corner. Vortex was just beginning to worry about Zade, Gatr, and Yoshi. Where were they?

---

Gatr and Yoshi were searching for a flashlight. Yoshi found one.

"Great! That'll do," Gatr said. "Now let's go!"

Yoshi nodded, and jumped in first. Gatr snickered, and walked in.

It was pitch-dark. "Where is the on switch..." Yoshi mumbled. The flashlight flickered and shone on a Gengar statue with crystal red eyes. "Eep!" the Gengar statue made Yoshi jump when he saw it. Gatr laughed, and patted the Gengar's head.

"C'mon, what harm is it?" Gatr leaned on the statue's head when it blinked. Yoshi was trembling. "What..." Gatr looked at the statue. It was moving. "IT'S ALIVE!" There was a tunnel to Gatr's left, and he ran for it. Yoshi followed. "Wait for me!"

Through the tunnel, they entered a room that, strangely, had holes everywhere. There was a chest in the middle. Gatr knew what it was, but Yoshi couldn't resist taking the chest. Gatr tried to warn him, but it was too late. The door slammed shut, and the holes on the walls and ceiling sprouted spikes. A rumbling sound echoed out, and the walls began moving.

"Yoshi! P-p-put that back!" Gatr cried. "NOW!" Yoshi jumped and put the chest back. The walls didn't stop moving. Gatr shed a tear and looked at the spot where the chest used to be. That was it! Gatr suddenly perked up and stomped on the spot. The rumbling stopped. The door sprang open. Yoshi sighed out of relief.

"Smart thinking, Gatr. Now to search for the others," Yoshi said. Then a voice sprang out of nowhere!

"Help! Go through the portal!"

That was Zorua's voice! But, even so, Gatr didn't seem to have heard it.

"What's bothering you? You okay, Yoshi?" Gatr asked, then he began to walk towards the door.

"Gatr, wait." Yoshi quietly said.

"Gatr, did you-"

"Did you hear it?"

Gatr made a face. "No... what was it...?"

"We- we must open the portal."

"It's the only way they can return. Otherwise--" Yoshi said, his voice shaking.

"W-what? They'll never return? Y-Yoshi, we have to go! Now! Look!" Gatr pointed to a ancient painting of Mew. It was glowing. There was a orb of light glowing... Yoshi reached out and touched it. "No, Yoshi! Wait!"

But it was too late. The portal had already opened. It began to pull Gatr and Yoshi into its tunnel.

---

After a few hours, Yoshi woke up in a bag, feeling dizzy and confused. As if he had been turned into a Pokemon. Yoshi tried to look around, but there was nothing but pitch-black darkness around him. Had he been blindfolded? Or put into a coma? Either way, he tried to get up, but Yoshi couldn't. It felt like he was being carried in the air. He knew that. Finally, a light shone through the black darkness. It was faint but bright. Yoshi looked around, and he could tell that he was in a bag, indeed, but still, he was left with the question:

Where am I?

The question kept bothering him in the back of his mind. Could he get out of the bag now? Yoshi didn't think so. He knew that he was in the sky, and someone was carrying him. If he tried to get out, he'd fall in the sky. As Yoshi thought about it, the dreadful silence was broken by voices. They were familiar, Yoshi was aware of that. But it was hard to identify, because of the howl of the wind. Yoshi thought about it, and figured that he could respond to the voices by shouting.

"Hello! Anyone there?!" Yoshi shouted, but the words were lost in the wind. Or at least he thought.

"Yoshi? Help me. I think I'm a Totodile..." Yoshi heard Gatr's voice. But if he was a Totodile, then would Yoshi be a Tepig? It seemed impossible. Why did everything have to be explained?

"Gatr, are you there? Where are we?"

"I don't know, all I know is that we traveled through a portal to get here... and now I'm in a bag."

"Well, we need to find one person that's still missing: Zade."

"Agreed," Gatr said, and wondered whenever they'd get out of here. He had the sense that the band of friends had to leave by tomorrow midnight, or they'd be trapped here...

...forever, and be frozen in the state of being a Pokemon.

Stay tuned! I also managed to reach the 3,000 words checkpoint. :)

First off, because taking things out of context is so much fun:
Lucky Fire said:
The drawing of Diagla and Palkia glowed brightly after Afro cried.
Alright, now that I just entertained myself, back to work ^_^

And so the plot moves on with... well, everyone going though that bizarre "PMD Transformation" phase with some sense of urgency. How he knew they had to get out of the mess soon is completely beyond me. The show just got started, so I'll just sit back and watch from here~ ;P

Happy Writing,

~Zyflair

Yeah, that does seem a bit mystifying. And in PMD: Sky, I noticed that the hero finds that she/he traveled through a portal to save time and space. And the hero turned into a Pokemon.

( Yes, I could call this a PMD story if I wanted to. :p )

Back