The Ultimate Spriting Contest *Round One Judged: Come and see if you made it!

It WAS a gold/silver/crystal styled sprite, that's the whole point, I wanted it to be different than the others, which were pretty obvious minus the really bad quality jpeg one.

my entry for round 2, my first scratch ever lol

31479fd.png

Random question:
Can the Ditto be another Pokémon with a Ditto's expression (as in ":D"), implying that the Ditto has transformed into the Pokémon?

Or just the purple blob we all know and love?

Rotom479 said:
Random question:
Can the Ditto be another Pokémon with a Ditto's expression (as in ":D"), implying that the Ditto has transformed into the Pokémon?

Or just the purple blob we all know and love?

I should have pointed that out, it can be another Pokemon

Gr8Ampharos said:
Ditto (Squritle)
Time Spent: 9 Min
Posts 22
Joined May 2010

notice how i made the tail have no spiral? That is supposed to represent that Ditto can transform into other Pokemon but it will not exactly look like the Pokemon (like in the TCG)

1/ you already had an entry and you just changed it.
2/ that's not a scratch, it's an edit.

Aweseome, there is a new round! I wanted to be more creative and I wanted to test out a new program, so I made an animated version of my sprite. I didn't spend to long on the Electrode, but I think it turned out decently for my first try!
(Left Electrode Sprite is made by Nintendo)

Plain Image Entry:

ditto.jpg

Animated Image:

ditto_transform.gif

Everyone, that's good. Gr8ampjaros, it needs to be partially a scratch sprite, like Rotom479 where Ditto is morphing into Rotom.

Love the Electrode thingy, Cypher! I could see you winning!

So you're not going by quality over quantity? Because that is JPG'd, the outlines are really thick, the sprites have no shading, and looks more like an unfinished pixel art, and can I be a judge?

I know all that. Maybe. I'll think about it.

OFF TOPIC: I got warned for revug a dead topic. I missed it by about a day. Ouch.

i second altariaking, you'd think that something like rotom479's is worthy of winning maybe because it actually looks like a finished pokemon sprite. cypher's is by no means anywhere close to looking like a winning sprite.

Ithink he was implying that of he could do stuff like that in spriting he could win.

I'm sorry if my sprite has been causing commotion :) I'll easily admit my sprite is JPG'd, which I think should be fine because there is nothing in the rules against it. If it doesn't seem like a realistic/complete Pokemon sprite like some have said that would be because I wanted to make the sprite as SCRATCH looking and simple as possible because I think ditto is a really simple looking Pokemon that's based around its ability to transform and not its complex design. I appreciate all of the comments on my sprites, both positive and negative, and would love to hear advice on how to make my sprites look better.

Here's some tips:
-PNG is the absolute best quality for a sprite. It looks neater.
-Scratch sprites aren't simple as much as they are 100% hand-made.
-As for improvement, make your sprites more pixelated instead of something that looks Photoshop'd or GIMP'd. Use Paint.

I tried what everybody suggested and I made new sprites for the contest. I would like to enter these sprites for the contest if you allow me to, instead of the old ones. But if I have to stay with the original entry I posted, that is fine too. Thanks to everybody who gave me advice!

Ditto Sprite:
ditto.png

Animated Ditto Sprite:
ditto_transform.gif

Ditto looks better. Not the best I've seen, but an improvement, and I think (assuming it's allowed) that you'd probably be better having it transforming into an official sprite.

Back