theater or tv

I like never go to the movie theater lol... And I don't have cable anymore, so I'll probably just wait and watch it on the internet :(

I'd prefer theatre for old times sake.

Unfortunately, they would end up losing alot of money, though. Pokemon's populartiy may be strong, but the number of people who enjoy the anime and would go and watch the movies is not high. Plus if you think about it, the Pokemon movies could never match up with most of the other movies in theaters nowadays.

Skylands said:
I'd prefer theatre for old times sake.

Unfortunately, they would end up losing alot of money, though. Pokemon's populartiy may be strong, but the number of people who enjoy the anime and would go and watch the movies is not high. Plus if you think about it, the Pokemon movies could never match up with most of the other movies in theaters nowadays.

Well, if they gave away the Celebi like they did for Japan in the movies, people would go. But I would not mind watching it on TV.

I feel better going to the movies and watching it so we can get downloads and preorder stuff that Japan has instead of going to TRU or Gamestop to get it.

It would be cool that the movie would come out in the theaters here, though they're just going to show it on Cartoonnetwork like always. If it did come out in theaters then I would watch. I had watched the third Pokemon movie in theaters and really enjoyed it.

I think it's much more practical to show on CN. Perhaps a one day, as naruto movies do, but I honestly wouldn't pay 14$ to go see a pokemon movie when I can watch it on TV/Internet for free.

what if they had it on TV and theyr was a special passcode theyd put up that youd need to enter to get the gift, and it was only usable during that time the show was on?

Whenever Cartoon Network airs Pokémon films, they butcher them with commercials (which I understand are a needed part of television) and absolutely destroy the ending credits by squishing them over to one side to advertise things on the other side that they've already advertised the whole movie long in their constant commercial breaks. The credits are also put on super fast forward, so you can't even watch the extra parts they add to the end, and you can't read the names of the people who worked hard on the film. Their airing of Arceus and the Jewel of Life also suffered from volume issues - the movie's volume was much lower than everything else on the channel. (Whether this is Cartoon Network's fault or an issue with the dub has yet to be seen, thanks to the DVD taking so long to come out here...)

I would have loved to see Arceus and the Jewel of Life in theatres. Realistically we're probably never going to see Pokémon films in theatres outside of Japan, but if I had a choice between seeing the films butchered on Cartoon Network or seeing the films in theatres, I'd pick theatres for sure.

Xous said:
Whenever Cartoon Network airs Pokémon films, they butcher them with commercials (which I understand are a needed part of television) and absolutely destroy the ending credits by squishing them over to one side to advertise things on the other side that they've already advertised the whole movie long in their constant commercial breaks. The credits are also put on super fast forward, so you can't even watch the extra parts they add to the end, and you can't read the names of the people who worked hard on the film. Their airing of Arceus and the Jewel of Life also suffered from volume issues - the movie's volume was much lower than everything else on the channel. (Whether this is Cartoon Network's fault or an issue with the dub has yet to be seen, thanks to the DVD taking so long to come out here...)

I would have loved to see Arceus and the Jewel of Life in theatres. Realistically we're probably never going to see Pokémon films in theatres outside of Japan, but if I had a choice between seeing the films butchered on Cartoon Network or seeing the films in theatres, I'd pick theatres for sure.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you. Same with the anime, you can't hear the ending song. Instead you hear the commercial.

Hm, I have actually never seen any Pokemon movie in English dub. I remember going to cinema when I visited Japan 2 years ago and last year. It was really fun meeting a lot of Pokemon fans and of course, kids. I would prefer to watch it at movie theater but I wouldn't mind waiting for DVD to release. I would never watch it on Cartoon Network as commercials gets on my nerves. It also ruins credit.

Back