• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

They see me Friendin', they hatin' (Miltank / Butterfree)

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
1k2 Post Special
241.gif
012.gif

They see me Friendin', they hatin'

Pokémon:
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 N
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 3 Pokémon Fan Club
  • 2 Shauna
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 2 Great Ball
  • 2 Max Potion
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Dowsing Machine ACE SPEC
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Aspertia City Gym
Energy:
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 7 Grass Energy

Strategy:
This deck.
People have discussed Miltank/Butterfree, but I don't even see a single deck on it lately ;w;
Soo, I've made this. Miltank/Butterfree works off combining Caterpie/Metapod's Adaptive Evolution ability to get out Butterfree, and Miltank's Powerful Friends attack. With a Muscle Band attached, Miltank does a respectable 100 damage. What makes this even better though, is the fact that you can have it going from Turn 1! The deck is a speed deck in my opinion, needing to get out Miltank and a Butterfree on the first or second turn to get going. If it doesn't do this, however, it falls flat on its face. For this reason, I've included as many search cards as humanly possible; hopefully counteracting this inconsistency. I run DCE for the rare occasion where Butterfree is forced to attack. Hope you enjoy this deck!

RE: They see me Friendin', they hatin' (Miltank/Butterfree)

Have you though about putting in some Virizion EX to stop status conditions. I would also think about puuting some switch or float stone in the deck as well in case you start with caterpie, you can switch it with the miltank that you ultra balled for so you have your main attacker. You could also put in some mewtwo EX because you are running double colorless and mewtwo ex gives you a big body that could help. I would also increase the level ball count to 4 and the ultra ball to 4, you can lower the great ball count becuase in my opinnion great ball is incosistant. I would also add in some rare candies in the case that you dont have any metepod in your hand.

I like the idea im just not sure how compettive it will be.

In my opinion, most of those things would make the deck clunkier. Switch is a relevant suggestion that I need to find room for; the rest not so. More Pokémon makes the deck less streamlined, as you want Miltank 100% of the time. Great Ball is here because it searches ANY Pokémon, all of which I will want in my hand. Ultra Ball and Level Ball are not at 4 since they only search pieces of the combo, while Great Ball always gets it. The deck is all about being fast and hitting hard while doing that.

- 3 DCE
-1 megaphone
-1 great ball

+ 2 grass
+1 Virizion EX
+1 mr. Mime
+1 level ball.
With such low hp pokemon it might not be bad to have some backup
And a 3-3-3 line of all 3 balls would probably be the best. Megaphone will only help you to drop muscle bands as your opponent will not have a garbodor out 1st turn let alone 2nd probably.
I would also say to keep the PFC to a 2 or 1 count rather then 3 because you already have 9 Pokémon searching cards and 12 will just clump up your deck.
There should also be at least 1 super rod and/or 1 sacred ash.
Lastly you'd easily die to pyroar with this deck. So I'd say to drop 2 PFC for a 1-1 abombasnow. It only uses grass and is a water type. It can be setup well with Virizion ex if you plan to run it.

Whenever people mention Virizion, my wallet cries ;w;
Thanks for those suggestions, Elbow. I think a 3-3-3 Line on the balls would be good, so:
-1 Great Ball
+1 Level Ball
I also agree with -1 Megaphone +1 Mr. Mime, for those moments where my opponent is playing scumbag Darkrai. I need to find room for Switch, but I don't know what to replace. Thoughts?

I'd do:
-2 Silver Bangle(you are going to 2HKO EXs anyways)
-1 Great Ball
+2 Evosoda(I mean, you HAVE to play this here. :p)
+1 Switch

Good enough?

But great ball dosent let you grab any pokemon it only lets you grab one in the top 7 cards if there isnt one then it ends up being a wast of a card. Virizion EX will help this deck by getting rid of the status conditions. It will be a lot more difficult for someone to knock out the miltank if they cant use laser bank.

Speed Deck.
I don't care how, I need to get Pokémon out. Great Ball is great here (no pun intended), because I can get any of my Pokémon - Both Miltank and Butterfree can only be searched by Ultra Ball.

Why play super potions over max potions?
And have you ever considered playing a tech druddigon as a back up attacker and an insta kill to BKEX and Rayquaza EX?

Oh, Max Potion is a thing Dx
I could run Druddigon at like, 1, but space seems to be a real problem in this deck...

-1 Great Ball? I mean, is GREAT!! But not THAT great, though...

Nah, that'd make it harder to get everything out...
-1 Megaphone? It's not gonna see much use.

Scorched Feathers said:

But what about Garbodor...? A T2 Garbodor can wreck both Mime and Butterfree's synergy with Miltank.

Luispipe8 said:
Scorched Feathers said:

But what about Garbodor...? A T2 Garbodor can wreck both Mime and Butterfree's synergy with Miltank.

The odds that an opponent will get a T2 garb just for a deck that 2 shots everything is not large.

I play a garb deck, i get a turn two garbador out about 80-90% of the time. In garb decks its is a priority to get garbador out early, unless you know the other person isnt really playing pokemon with abilities. If i see a caterpie out there I am going to do what I can to stop that evolving.

Ironman131 said:
I play a garb deck, i get a turn two garbador out about 80-90% of the time. In garb decks its is a priority to get garbador out early, unless you know the other person isnt really playing pokemon with abilities. If i see a caterpie out there I am going to do what I can to stop that evolving.

Not much you can do vs T1 Butterfree or Metapod

It has the potential to do at the most 120 damage, thats if you draw into all four pokemon or get them from searching. Odds are there will not be a turn one buttrefree. It will take a alot of luck for this deck to set up as soon as you guys think it will set up. It needs a combination of 5 cards in the first 8 cards to be affective. Those odds are not that great.

Ironman131 said:
It has the potential to do at the most 120 damage, thats if you draw into all four pokemon or get them from searching. Odds are there will not be a turn one buttrefree. It will take a alot of luck for this deck to set up as soon as you guys think it will set up. It needs a combination of 5 cards in the first 8 cards to be affective. Those odds are not that great.

Dude do you not know what supporters do. Not to mention there is so much search going on in here. And you're assuming that you'll go first. Garbodor in no way wrecks this deck.
Ok let's go with your scenario
T2 Garbodor
Startling megaphone
Butterfree
One Garbodor is not an issue.
I mean realistically is this deck amazing. Probably not.
But I think you're underestimating what the search engines (and supporters lol) can do nowadays

Back