Collecting Tips For A New Collector

Killdrake

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys (and girls),

after 15 years I decided to start collecting the Pokemon TCG again. As a kid I played the TCG a lot, during the years I lost/threw away my cards.. still bummed about that...

Have always loved Pokemon and from time to time when I saw the cards, the urge start again came each time.
The last couple of days I've been looking around the internet what a good place is to start (there are a lot of expansions to keep track of).
Today I bought my first 3 booster packs of Steam Siege, and these are the holo's I got. Happy with the full art Steelix EX.

I came across a lof of great elite trainer boxes. I'm the kind of guy who wants everything and once and spends the money without thinking about it.. I really like the Venusaur Generations box with the figure, but in Europe we only get the oversize promo card... Any tips which one to get first?

Since none of my friends are even interested in cardgames, it's mostly about collecting them..

Attachments

• Bestand_000.jpeg
    Bestand_000.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
The Elite Trainer boxes are pretty good, you can usually get a full art EX and either a regular EX or BREAK in it. Not always but more often than not. The Generations stuff is good too because you can sometimes get two EX"S in a pack because of the combination of Generations cards and the second Radiant Collection cards. Sometimes though it is cheaper in the long run to buy singles.

I would suggest deciding what you want to collect. There are many different ways. Maybe you want to focus on a few Pokémon or maybe by set. I collect all of the special stuff (EX/Lv.X/BREAK/Shiny/LEGENDS/Primes etc) and I have a living card dex where everything is holo/reverse holo if all possible.

Nobody around me plays pokemon tcg which is why I'm glad I found pokemon tcg online. It's free and you can play for free collecting cards bought in the shop with in-game coins. You can play against AI or other people as well. Cool thing too since you like collecting cards, the booster packs and any other packs come with codes you can redeem in the pokemon tcg online so you can have those cards in the game.

Booster boxes are great to get a lot of cards from one set, but buying single cards can be a lot cheaper than opening packs. The Venusaur box would also be good because you will probably get at least one or two Exs. Overall, just get what appeals to you and have fun collecting! :)

Back