Too much losing these day....

Los_t_Life

Aspiring Trainer
Its not only pokemon but also other movie, stories, or anything related like that... since when??? That the idea of a protagonist losing is more accepted than protagonist winning,is it boring for protagonist to always win in some sort of battle, even Camp Rock 2 the final jam, also lost the battle...

RE: Too much losing these day....

Well, there are a few reasons

1. It makes the show realistic. Would you rather have it this way or have it like Yugioh where 99% of the time, the main character will ALWAYS win? It's not exciting at all. It's quite boring.

2. People just hate Ash. There are times when #1 could be ignored. Ash has lost some really stupid fights as well. 6-2 both Paul and Takuto (which was even cheaper than the former fight).

3. Pokemon fans over analyze and philosophize. People assume that "little children" should not have winning streaks everytime or else it's unrealistic and could have the main characters seem spoiled and invincible. Plus, some argue whether or not the characters deserve to win or not. For example, people insist on shutting up other people who were upset that Dawn lost the Grand Festival to Zoey, suggesting that Zoey had more experience and worked harder for her victory unlike Dawn. The problem with this issue is the fact that the writers pull cheap tricks with those victories and losses that the mere thought of trying to justify the wins and losses seem to be a desperate attempt to revoke the claims of the "complainers" simply because they are complaining. It's a common trait amongst many pokemon fans, especially on Serebii or Bulbagarden. The recent Isshu Starter controversy is a major testament to that fact. The level of intolerance is on a scale like you wouldn't believe oh i'm rambling again....

But yeah, those are my thoughts. At least I think thats what you're asking....

They teach kids a life lesson. You can't win everything. And a lot of good life lessons are learned after suffering a defeat.

Ash deserves it. That's all I can say.

I usually like to win so that "can't always win" bs don't work for me...

I don't mind the losing, but I would like some winning involved in there, too.

i expect him to lose every now and then, but he always seems to find some way to lose, even with that lv. over 9000 Pikachu of his! then again, it is a pikachu... Not the greatest defensive stats, but then again, this is the anime! We've seen a magikarp and a feebas beat Pikachu. That's pretty sad...

Well, like some of you said, it makes the show look more realistic; But sometimes, I think, Ash loses WAY too often...It would be nice to see him battle with the Champion, instead of always losing before so.

Losing is part of the game too...if Ash ever won in the leagues, or if Dawn (or whoever the contest girl of the series is) ever won that would pretty much end their journey.

I can see loss as part of the process of growing and learning you own abilities and that of your Pokemon better. Take Ash's loss against Paul in their first one on one, it helped get Ash to learn about Grotle better (with help from Paul's Torterra, still makes me laugh:) ). And I heard that Ash beats Paul in the Sinnoh League.

Although Camp Rock 2 is a little off topic, I did see it so I will say this. Camp Rock may have lost to Camp Star in the Final Jam, but the video they played during their Final Jam performance proved that Camp Rock is about more than just the music and anything affiliated with the music. That is why so many people wanted to attend Camp Rock (or in Tess's case, go back to attending) the next year. The saying of Losing the Battle but Winning the War go in great there.

You cannot win all of the time.Just thee example Pokemon sets for children.

Ash will always lose important events, if only so he isn't tied down. If he becomes Champion, then he never moves on. Besides, he doesn't deserve to be champion.

Camp Rock 2 is a different point, but all i can say is this: Camp Star was WAYYYYY better than Camp Rock. " We gon' tear it down" was much better than the wholesome, girly song Camp Rock sang. Now, if Camp Rock had sang "Heart and Soul", or "Can't back down", they would've won. But no. Sadface.

I've been noticing this too... maybe since Ash was winning a lot in the earlier seasons, they probably decided he should start losing a bit more.. but now they're overdoing it.

Back