• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Toxicroak EX, Crobat, and a few pumpkins. (Toxicroak EX / Crobat / Gourgeist)

DevinTheWelf

A Mach Punch User
Experience: Very new to deck building.

Pokemon: 13

• 4 Toxicroak EX
    2 Crobat (Team Plasma)
    3 Zubat
    2 Gourgeist
    2 Pumpkaboo
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33

• 3 Virbank City Gym
    3 Skyla
    3 Prof Juniper
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Prof Letter
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Muscle Band
    4 Red Card
    4 Switch
Energy: 14

• 12 Psychic
    2 DCE

Strategy: The first deck I ever built was one that used Plasma Crobat, and it did sorta good, so when I saw Toxicroak EX I thought that I'd give Crobat another chance! Pretty simple idea, Crobat and Toxicroak can deal pretty good damage with their attacks, and Virbank Gym makes it deal even more. Toxicroak is the main lead, being able to take a few hits while Crobat, the real killer, is being set up behind the scene. Gourgeist, with the trolly Spirit Scream, is for taking out pesky Mega Pokemon or just any high HP Poke that I need taken out quickly, Eerie Voice can also help in certain situations. Say the foe has retreated his Pokemon because it's about to die from the Poison damage, Eerie Voice takes care of it.

Hopefully you think the deck has potential, and any advice/edits are greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

I think instead of Gourgeist. You should take a look at Dragalge of the next set. When your opponents pokemon is poisoned, it cant retreat. So basically. If they dont have Keldeo Ex or Virizion/Slurpuff, you automatically knock out anything crobat hits.

So ideally you will have Crobat with 3 energy attack something, next turn if crobat is still alive, you retreat to something that can attack and do something helpful to your side. Some sort of energy acceleration, hand refreshing/recovery, or even bench damage. Anything really, this also protects the crobat so it can attack after its victim gets knocked out from poison. Its a similar strategy that i use with Beedrill that poisons and confuses and retreats to Tropius next turn and uses return to draw up to 6 cards.

Eitherway you need to adjust some cards.

Energy:
8 Psychic
4 DCE

Supporter:
4 Juniper
2 N (At least)
2 Shauna (At least)

Trainer:
-4 Red Card (Not really that great since hand size is generally 4 or less after the first turn)
-3 Professor's Letter (1 is enough, i doubt you would ever need more than 1)
-2 Switch (Crobat has free retreat so less are needed)
+2 Float Stones (Unless you can find something else with really cheap retreat to team crobat with)
-1 Ultra Ball
+1 Level Ball (Get out those basics)

DevinTheWelf said:
Experience: Very new to deck building.

Pokemon: 13

• 4 Toxicroak EX
    2 Crobat (Team Plasma)
    3 Zubat
    2 Gourgeist
    2 Pumpkaboo
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33

• 3 Virbank City Gym
    3 Skyla
    3 Prof Juniper
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Prof Letter
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Muscle Band
    4 Red Card
    4 Switch
Energy: 14

• 12 Psychic
    2 DCE

Strategy: The first deck I ever built was one that used Plasma Crobat, and it did sorta good, so when I saw Toxicroak EX I thought that I'd give Crobat another chance! Pretty simple idea, Crobat and Toxicroak can deal pretty good damage with their attacks, and Virbank Gym makes it deal even more. Toxicroak is the main lead, being able to take a few hits while Crobat, the real killer, is being set up behind the scene. Gourgeist, with the trolly Spirit Scream, is for taking out pesky Mega Pokemon or just any high HP Poke that I need taken out quickly, Eerie Voice can also help in certain situations. Say the foe has retreated his Pokemon because it's about to die from the Poison damage, Eerie Voice takes care of it.

Hopefully you think the deck has potential, and any advice/edits are greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Does Virbank city Gym work with Toxicroak Ex to add 5 poison counters between turns? It sounds like it does. I just want confirmation.

Ivy_Profen said:
I think instead of Gourgeist. You should take a look at Dragalge of the next set.

Thank you for the advice, I'll definitely be switching out Gourgeist for Dragalge, and I'll tweak the Trainer Cards I use for the deck.

Back