• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Toxicroak Poison Lock Deck (Toxicroak EX / Dragalge)

perrpello

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3 Toxicroak EX FLF
    2 Latios EX PLF
    2-2 Dragalge FLF
    1 Keldeo EX LTR
    1 Sigilyph LTR
    1-1-1 Duskinor BCR
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 2 Lysandre
    4 Colress
    4 N
    4 Professor Sycamore
    2 Float Stone
    2 Energy Retrieval
    2 Startling Megaphone
    3 Muscle Band
    3 Hypnotoxic Laser
    2 Virbank City Gym
    2 Ultra Ball
    3 Switch
    2 Energy Switch
    1 Professor's Letter
Energy:

• 3 Water
    3 Psychic
    4 Double Colorless

Strategy:

The idea behind this deck is to get the opponents Pokemon poisoned and have them slowly die. On the off chance that they have something to nullify my poison, or if the pokemon is just annoying I have Latios EX to take care of them.

Any Tips to make this deck better?
Or inherent flaws that I am glossing over?

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

RE: Toxicroak Poison Lock Deck

What's your counter for Virizion EX (block all status conditions on your pokémon with grass energy attached)?

I did consider using Crobat. I don't like 3 stage pokemon. Duskinor is there right now at the suggestion of another.

As for a counter to Virizion Ex it is right now Latios Ex, Muscle Band and Lysandre.
Originally it was Kangaskhan Ex and M Kangaskhan, Muscle Band and Lysandre. But thats a little too reliant on the flip of a coin.
My goal is to be able to one shot Virizion EX.

Back