Trainers List

Should the Trainers List return?

• Total voters

green_monkey

Monkey Pokémon Maniac
I was just wondering if anyone missed the trainers list that was sticky-ed for a long while. It included a organized, alphabetical, list of all of the legal Supporters, Stadiums, and Trainers in the current format; and I was doing my best to keep it up to date (which it was until the release of B&W). I was wondering..did anyone use it, and would you like it back? Please reply, and submit in the poll!

I liked it, and referred to it often in my early career. Please bring it back. I have already had to make a list of my own for HGSS on.

It would be pretty helpful because even though I know what's in the format very well, with this new rotation info coming out of nowhere, it's a little difficult to know what's still playable and what's not. So if you have the time and you're up to the task, I say go for it because I would definitely check it out.:)

theres really not much to list with a hgss+ rotation
we only had 3 real sets worth of TSS + BW

The mods actually removed the list because we just saw no point in keeping it. If they are looking for a Trainer that draws cards, recovers cards, etc, they could use the "Is there a card that does _____?" thread.

I liked it, was very helpful but with the new format coming soon it probably wont be that necessary

but thank you for all the effort you put into it, really was great.

Gliscor, I'd like to take up that point with you. The T/S/S list was an amazing help to me in deckbuilding. Most people know all the useful Pokémon for their deck, and of course players typically know all the in-format energy, but I think being able to glance at that list and find cards that do what you want them to that are legal was a tremendous help.
When I was building my Mewperior, I went to that list to look for T/S/S for recovery. I didn't want to have to take the time to post in the "Is there a card that does _____?" thread, and then have to wait for someone to respond. And what if people who respond miss a card that would have been most helpful?
Please bring back the list, it was such a great help in deckbuilding.

Scizorliscious said:
The T/S/S list was an amazing help to me in deckbuilding. Most people know all the useful Pokémon for their deck, and of course players typically know all the in-format energy, but I think being able to glance at that list and find cards that do what you want them to that are legal was a tremendous help.
When I was building my Mewperior, I went to that list to look for T/S/S for recovery. I didn't want to have to take the time to post in the "Is there a card that does _____?" thread, and then have to wait for someone to respond. And what if people who respond miss a card that would have been most helpful?
Please bring back the list, it was such a great help in deckbuilding.
i agree 100% a list of usable T/s/s is extremely useful. yeah we can use the "is there a card" thread but if there was a list that would save a million posts asking about trainers. and we get an instant answer. everyone knows requests often get skipped in those types of threads.

also with the IMO overly strict rules on posting on these forums. you'd think that a single thread that listed all usuable trainers which takes up 1 post. is more post friendly than god knows how many posts would be used up in the other thread asking for trainers.

The mods actually removed the list because we just saw no point in keeping it. If they are looking for a Trainer that draws cards, recovers cards, etc, they could use the "Is there a card that does _____?" thread.
The point of that thread is to ask about cards that usually have specific effects or usually only exist in a little niche. It has absolutely nothing to do with what the Trainers List thread is, which is a big laundry list of all of the various T/S/S that are considered either staple or semi-staple cards.

When people post in the "Is there a card that does ___?" thread, they aren't looking for staple cards - they're looking for cards specifically for a certain deck strategy.

If this is all for bringing back a list of the various T/S/S that work in HGSS-on decks, I approve. I saw the old version of this thread only one time, but I know it was a phenomenal resource. I would like to make a motion that the HGSS-on version of Trainers List be made.

All of you just made me so happy *tear* *sniffle*

Anyway, I was on the fence at first but with the amount of positive response I've been getting I would really like to re-post the list. I have the time now too since my Finals are all over! I will gladly update the list, however, I really wanted it to be sticky-ed somewhere under the TCG sub-forum. That would make it so it would be easily accessible and you wouldn't have to look for it within the posts. So, I will put up the new list, but, I would really like one of the Mods to sticky the thread.

We're limiting stickies to important Rules. Don't count on it.

dmaster out.

And...I'm sad again. Is there anything similar that can be done so the thread is easily locatable?

P.S. I forgot dmaster made Super Moderator. Congratulations!

So...I can't find the thread anymore...It says I don't have access to it for some reason. Can I please get access back so I can copy all of it and edit the list?

Advertise in your profile/signature and/or get other people to.

dmaster out.

Nobody has access to it. Just remake it, most of the sets weren't included on it anyway.

dmaster out.

So, I've completed the organized list for [HGSS-B&W]. It's ready to post; but I had a question...Where should I post it so the people who need it the most can use it? Should I post it here or the Deck Garage (I believe it would be an illegal post there)?

Also, @(ALL MODS): There is a sticky thread listing all legal cards in the modified format! I was going to call my thread "Legal Trainers, Supporters, and Stadiums" just like my last list...So, doesn't it meet the requirements for a sticky-able thread?

HERE IS THE PREVIEW

Below is an organized list of all the legal Trainer cards in the current modified format [HGSS-on].

This list is meant to help anyone building a deck that needs to do one of the following:

- Fill empty space in the deck,
- Improve their deck (speed, consistency, etc.)
- Find Trainer cards that the deck might need
- Find Trainer cards that do something specific

How to use the list:

1. Find the major category you're looking for (i.e. Supporter, Trainer, Stadium)
2. Find the minor category you're looking for (i.e. Draw Engine)
3. Find the card that suits your need
4. Read the quick summaries below the card to ensure the correct effect!
5. Look up the card on PokéBeach to search the card's details!

So, if you want to fill, improve, or find the Trainers in your deck; don't hesitate to use this list!

Legal Trainers

Supporters

Draw Engine

Bill
Draw 2 cards.
Cheerleader's Cheer
Draw 3 cards. Your opponent may draw a card.
Copycat
Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, draw a number of cards equal to the number of cards in your opponent's hand.
Emcee's Chatter
Flip a coin. If heads, draw 3 cards. If tails, draw 2 cards.
Engineer's Adjustments
Discard an Energy card from your hand. Then, draw 4 cards.
Judge
Each player shuffles his or her hand into his or her deck and draws 4 cards.
Professor Juniper
Discard your hand. Then, draw 7 cards.
Professor Oak's New Theory
Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, draw 6 cards.
Team Rocket's Trickery
Draw 2 cards, your opponent must discard a card.

Recovery

Fisherman
Search your discard pile for 4 basic Energy cards and put them into your hand.
Flower Shop Lady
Search your discard pile for 3 Pokémon & 3 basic Energy; Shuffle them into your deck.

Search

Interviewer's Questions
Look at the top 8 cards of your deck. Choose as many Energy cards as you like and put them into your hand.
Pokémon Collector
Search your deck for up to 3 Basic Pokémon and put them into your hand.
Professor Elm's Training Method
Search your deck for an Evolution card and put it into your hand.
Sage's Training
Look at the top 5 cards of your deck. Choose any 2 cards you find there and put them into your hand. Discard the other cards.
Twins
Search your deck for any 2 cards and put them into your hand.

Special Effect

Black Belt
Active Pokémon's attacks do 40 more damage.
Seeker
Each player returns 1 of their Benched Pokémon and all cards attached to it to their hand.

Stadiums

Burned Tower
Flip a coin. If heads, search your discard pile for a basic Energy.
Indigo Plateau
Each Pokémon LEGEND in play gets +30 HP.
Lost World
If your opponent has 6 or more Pokémon in the Lost Zone, you win.
Ruins of Alph
Each Pokémon in play has no Resistance.

Trainers

Special Effect

Defender
Active Pokémon takes 20 less damage.
PlusPower
Active Pokémon does 10 more damage.
Pokédex
Rearrange top 5 cards.
PlusPower
Rare Candy
Evolve a Pokémon from Basic stage to Stage 2.
Research Record
Look at the top 4 cards of your deck and rearrange them (bottom or top of your deck).
Tropical Tidal Wave
Flip a coin. If heads, discard all Trainer cards your opponent has in play. If tails, discard all Trainer cards you have in play.
Victory Medal
Flip 2 coins. If one of them is heads, draw a card. If both are heads, search your deck for any 1 card, put it into your hand, and shuffle your deck afterward.

Pokémon Search

Good Rod
Flip a coin. If heads, search your discard pile for a Pokémon and put it on top of your deck. If tails, search your discard pile for a Trainer card and put it on top of your deck.
Legend Box
Look at the top 10 cards of your deck for both halves of a LEGEND card; you may play it with all revealed Energy.
Pokémon Communication
Switch a Pokémon Card in your hand for one in your deck.

PokéBall Engine

Dual Ball
Flip 2 coins. For each heads, search your deck for a Basic Pokémon.
Poké Ball
Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for a Pokémon and put it into your hand.

Non-Pokémon Search

Pokégear 3.0
Look at the top 7 cards of your deck. Choose a Supporter and put it into your hand.

Energy Manipulation

Energy Exchanger
Switch an energy card in your hand for one in your deck.
Energy Search
Search your deck for a basic Energy card.
Energy Switch
Move a basic Energy card attached to 1 of your Pokémon to another of your Pokémon.
Lost Remover
Put 1 Special Energy card attached to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon in the Lost Zone.

Pokémon Manipulation

Pokémon Circulator
Your opponent switches his/her Active Pokémon.
Pokémon Reversal
Flip a coin. If heads, switch one of your opponent's active Pokémon.
Super Scoop Up
Flip a coin. If heads, return 1 of your Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.
Switch
Switch your active Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

Healing

Full Heal
Remove all Special Conditions from your Active Pokémon.
Life Herb
Flip a coin. If heads, choose 1 of your Pokémon and remove all Special Conditions and 60 damage.
Moomoo Milk
Flip 2 coins. For each heads, remove 30 damage from chosen Pokémon.
Potion
Remove 30 damage from chosen Pokémon.

Recovery

Junk Arm
Discard 2 cards from your hand. Search your discard pile for a Trainer card and put it into your hand.
Energy Retrieval
Search your discard pile for 2 basic Energy cards and put them into your hand.
Energy Returner
Search your discard pile for 4 basic Energy cards and put them into your hand.
Revive
Put a basic Pokémon from your discard pile onto your bench.

Alph Lithographs

ONE
LOOK AT YOUR OPPONENTS HAND!
TWO
SHUFFLE YOUR DECK.
THREE
RETURN ANY STADIUM CARD IN PLAY TO THE PLAYERS HAND!
FOUR
LOOK AT ALL OF YOUR FACE DOWN PRIZE CARDS.

Back