BW/BW2 Triple Battles

Meh...they're just OK for me. Next thing you know there's gonna be 4v4 and 5v5 battles too...I really hope they don't go down that route.

I do like the "Move" button thing though. It will make battles a little more interesting, plus make it a cool way for your Pokemon to gain experience.

Oh don't you guys know? When 6th gen comes around they'll be 4 on 4 battles which will be called double double battles. Seriously I don't think they're that crazy. Plus with 3 on 3 all the space on the screen is occupied.

Only thing I'm worried about is the XP being split by 1/3.. It won't be a good way to raise pokemon if they have a few of them.

If this does happen then teams carrying lickylicky with explosion would probably dominate the competition on such an interesting concept like this gone to waste.:(

Rawrior said:
Only thing I'm worried about is the XP being split by 1/3.. It won't be a good way to raise pokemon if they have a few of them.
I am worried about that also i usually do not like double battles for that reason but double battles are fun and with some strategy,
but i think i might enjoy triple battles tough.
As i have said before this kind of battle was a really great risk to take because so much thing could have gone wrong but it seems like they will make the most of them(the only thing is space, how will we encounter three trainers a t the same time?)

If it's true about the 'Move' option for triple battles(possibly doubles as well?), it'd help some strategies.

For example: You have Gyarados, Electivire, and Staraptor on your side. On the other side, your opponent has Jolteon, Blastoise, and Ursaring. You predict your opponent will of course use an electric move on one of your two electric-vulnerable Pokemon, Gyarados or Staraptor. You want to utilize this opportunity to boost Electivire's speed with Motor Drive. You know your opponent most likely will predict this and attack the least likely Pokemon you'd choose, of course this is up to the trainer battling currently. The Pokemon least likely to be attacked would probably be Staraptor, so you'd switch Electivire with Staraptor to that spot, and in turn, let Jolteon's electric move boost Electivire's speed.

I'm assuming that moving a Pokemon to another Pokemon's spot would use that turn up for them, not letting them attack.

These triple battles seem to just keep getting more interesting. Now we have rotations with the triple battles were 3 Pokemon are out but only the front one can attack. I really want to try this out now.

Chimchar15 said:
These triple battles seem to just keep getting more interesting. Now we have rotations with the triple battles were 3 Pokemon are out but only the front one can attack. I really want to try this out now.

Yes, I am really excited to try this method of triple battles. They have really been growing on me, and I look forward to inputting more strategy into my Pokemon battles.

Chimchar15 said:

I don't understand this whole new tripple battle rotation thing.

HyroSandMaster said:
This will probably make battles more slower

AAH! GRAMMAR!

I like the idea of the rotating dealy, but like everyone else says, it'll probably make battles take longer.

At first I thought "oh god, triple battles? this is gonna fail olololo", but then I found out that not all Pokémon can attack anyone. That's a very cool concept with a lot of strategy behind it. I'm willing to bet there will be a triple battle with a gym leader. Also, if we can get wild double battles as we saw in the previous video, I think we will have wild triple battles too.

I hope this is going to be epic!
I loved Double Battles so I will probably love Triple Battles too.
I can't wait to try it out.

Agent Clank said:
I hope this is going to be epic!
I loved Double Battles so I will probably love Triple Battles too.
I can't wait to try it out.

What makes me curious though now...is will we be seeing teams of twins and triplets?? xD

AtmosphericThunder said:
If it's true about the 'Move' option for triple battles(possibly doubles as well?), it'd help some strategies.

For example: You have Gyarados, Electivire, and Staraptor on your side. On the other side, your opponent has Jolteon, Blastoise, and Ursaring. You predict your opponent will of course use an electric move on one of your two electric-vulnerable Pokemon, Gyarados or Staraptor. You want to utilize this opportunity to boost Electivire's speed with Motor Drive. You know your opponent most likely will predict this and attack the least likely Pokemon you'd choose, of course this is up to the trainer battling currently. The Pokemon least likely to be attacked would probably be Staraptor, so you'd switch Electivire with Staraptor to that spot, and in turn, let Jolteon's electric move boost Electivire's speed.

I'm assuming that moving a Pokemon to another Pokemon's spot would use that turn up for them, not letting them attack.

Yeah, most likely it will take up a turn for a Pokemon to move.
Offtopic: I love your signature ^_^

i dont like triple battles from what ive seen so far but I could change my mind after trying them out

If u watched the pokemon sunday battle they had a tripple battle. Mijumaru used surf and it hit everyone at once

Back