• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tsareena GX Deck

NinJamezor

We love Huntail
If you don't know what it does:
Tsareena-GX-Pokemon-Festa-Promo-143x200.jpg.pagespeed.ce.R-OpWPWJG7.jpeg
Tsareena-GX – Grass – HP230
Stage 2 – Evolves from Steenee

[G] Glare: Switch 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon with their Active Pokemon. The new Active Pokemon is now Confused.

[G][C][C] Rolling Sabot: 90+ damage. If your opponent’s Active Pokemon is Confused, this attack does 90 more damage.

[G][G][C] Queen Command GX: Your opponent discards 4 cards from their hand. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Pokemon - 20
4-Bounsweet SUM
4-Steenee SUM
4-Tsareena GX
3-Gastly BKT
3-Haunter BKT
1-Shaymin EX ROS
1-Tapu Lele GX GUR

Trainer - 28

4-Sycamore
3-N
2-Lysandre

3-Ultra Ball
3-Level Ball
2-Devolution Spray
4-VS Seeker

2-Choice Band

3-Forest of Giant Plants
2-Chaos Tower

Energy - 12
8-Basic Grass Energy
4-Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:
Confuse opponents over and over again with Haunter and Tsareena. Get Tsareena set up with FOGP, hit for 180 consistently, 210 with Choice Band.

IMO, reliance upon the Defending Pokémon just being Confused will not "cripple your opponent enough" since your opponent still has the opportunity to attack eventhough his/her active Pokémon is Confused. In addition, your opponent could retreat his/her Confused Pokémon and attack with another newly promoted Pokémon.

Further, assuming you bench your Shaymin EX and 2 Haunters, your opponent still has chances of winning.

Have your considered replacing the entire Haunter line (and the 2 Devo Spray) with Hammers (and a Team Flare Grunt)? The Confusion plus the potential of removing energy would be more effective, IMO.

Also, for additional opponent's hand disruption, I'd suggest you add a Delinquent too.

Why Chaos Tower?

IMO, reliance upon the Defending Pokémon just being Confused will not "cripple your opponent enough" since your opponent still has the opportunity to attack eventhough his/her active Pokémon is Confused. In addition, your opponent could retreat his/her Confused Pokémon and attack with another newly promoted Pokémon.

Further, assuming you bench your Shaymin EX and 2 Haunters, your opponent still has chances of winning.

Have your considered replacing the entire Haunter line (and the 2 Devo Spray) with Hammers (and a Team Flare Grunt)? The Confusion plus the potential of removing energy would be more effective, IMO.

Also, for additional opponent's hand disruption, I'd suggest you add a Delinquent too.

Why Chaos Tower?
Chaos Tower was for Tsareena to not be confused by Haunter, by I see what you are saying. so maybe something like this:
Pokemon - 14
4-Bounsweet SUM
4-Steenee SUM
4-Tsareena GX
1-Shaymin EX ROS
1-Tapu Lele GX GUR

Trainer - 33

4-Sycamore
3-N
2-Lysandre
2-Team Flare Grunt

4-Ultra Ball
3-Level Ball
4-VS Seeker
4-Crushing Hammer
1-Enhanced Hammer

2-Choice Band

4-Forest of Giant Plants

Energy - 13
9-Basic Grass Energy

I think you have too many energies if your only attacker is Tsareena. I'd replace 3 grass energies with Trainers Mail to increase consistency.

I think you should drop one of the Tsareena-GX and add in one Tsareena SUM since you're running the line anyways and will never actually want to play 4 Tsareena GX. If you have devo sprays for Haunter, it lets you abuse the ability multiple times for strategic hand disruption if you don't need more uses of gothic fear. If you also tech in a delinquent you can take a full 7 card hand to 0 which is very potent. Get a baby Tsareena and your devo sprays and you can knock out another three cards, plus get hand information in the mid/lategame.

I also think that Haunter and Devo Sprays synergize more with Tsareena GX than energy disruption does. The thing with this card is you need to be able to confuse on YOUR turn so your opponent can't just switch or whatever and has to take the 180-210 damage kick to the face which imo is the main appeal of the card. Without the ability to do that, you're depending on playing across your opponent's turn which is very unreliable due to the switching problem previously mentioned. The ubiquity of float stones, escape ropes, switch and Olympia just makes using glare into sabot too unreliable as a way to deliver damage.

If you're thinking about going for 2HKOs with unboosted sabot, Decidueye GX is a flat out better card, without confusion support it has higher damage output for the same energy cost, more HP, and a generally better GX attack.

Another option is using Vileplume as your disruption and running this like a typical FOGP item lock deck, since the majority of switching cards are item based. Vileplume limits the counterplays they have to Tsareena's Glare by disabling all switch cards except Olympia, and lets you play across turns more consistently. But Vileplume doesn't synergize well with the hand disruption factor of Tsareena-GX since your opponent will typically have a hand full of dead cards they don't mind discarding when you lock them.

Chaos Tower was for Tsareena to not be confused by Haunter, by I see what you are saying. so maybe something like this:
Pokemon - 14
4-Bounsweet SUM
4-Steenee SUM
4-Tsareena GX
1-Shaymin EX ROS
1-Tapu Lele GX GUR

Trainer - 33

4-Sycamore
3-N
2-Lysandre
2-Team Flare Grunt

4-Ultra Ball
3-Level Ball
4-VS Seeker
4-Crushing Hammer
1-Enhanced Hammer

2-Choice Band

4-Forest of Giant Plants

Energy - 13
9-Basic Grass Energy
Both @Mariano11887 and @Kietharr made really good points definitely worth testing your different options - outlined by @Kietharr

I definitely like the replacement of the Haunter line with Hammers. I'd also suggest replacing 1 Crushing Hammer with a Team Skull Grunt which could also be reused via VS Seeker.

Also, what about replacing a G energy with a Bedrill EX whose Double Scrapper attack can remove up to 2 opponent's attached Tools (e.g., Float Stones). There may also be a new Trainer being released that can provide this capability, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Back