Ruling Turtonator GX Attack Ruling

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
If this has already been answered, please lead me to a thread or ruling post from a judge. A quick Google search didn't really lead me to answers I'm looking for (only discussion about Burning Energy).

For Turtonator's GX attack, do you have to have at least 5 fire energy in discard to active the GX attack, or can you GX attack if there's less than 5?

Thanks.

If you don't have five energy in the discard you'll still be able to use it. It's the same concept as Energy Recycler and so on. If you only have four energy than you can only pull four [R] energy out of the discard.

Hope that helps!

Thank you. I was assuming that was the case but figured I should still ask to confirm.

To add on to SilverSilent, if you have no [R] energy in your discard you can't use Nitro Tank GX (not sure why you would but thought I'd throw that in)

To add on to SilverSilent, if you have no [R] energy in your discard you can't use Nitro Tank GX (not sure why you would but thought I'd throw that in)
This could come into play if you had a dead hand and a Hala as your only option for getting out next turn. Wasting a GX attack would let you draw more cards on the next turn, if it were legal.

Unlikely, but possible.

Back